Question Will You Upgrade to Pixel 7 / Pro?

Search This thread

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hmm...I was not really impressed. Will stick with the P6P until the P8P. I don't have any experience with smartwatches, but battery only lasts 1 day???? Really. Ok it is not a watch but my wife's Fitbit lasts for more than a week one one charge.

scott.hart.bti

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2012
Reading
So strictly out of curiosity, I saw the preorder pixel 7 pro and wanted to see how much the trade in for the pixel 6 pro would be. Granted, I have the 128gb model, but seriously only $280 trade in value? Buy it new for $899, use it for 1 year, and get $280 back. So essentially $620 (70 percent) less than retail after 1 year? Seriously pathetic Google. Can't wait to see next year... At this rate I'll be lucky to see $50 trade in value.

Edit: Actually the above was through "Google Fi shop"... Through Google store, it's $480 trade in value. Wow... That makes a ton of sense?

Either way, hard pass for me. I'll save the cash instead of buying the exact same phone with a new name.

Last edited:

KHANrad_SIN

Jul 4, 2014
So strictly out of curiosity, I saw the preorder pixel 7 pro and wanted to see how much the trade in for the pixel 6 pro would be. Granted, I have the 128gb model, but seriously only $280 trade in value? Buy it new for $899, use it for 1 year, and get $280 back. So essentially $620 (70 percent) less than retail after 1 year? Seriously pathetic Google. Can't wait to see next year... At this rate I'll be lucky to see $50 trade in value.

Edit: Actually the above was through "Google Fi shop"... Through Google store, it's $480 trade in value. Wow... That makes a ton of sense?

Either way, hard pass for me. I'll save the cash instead of buying the exact same phone with a new name.
Wow, that's a really low amount. I have the 256 GB model and it says they would give me 540 for trade-in.

As far as actually upgrading to the Pixel 7 pro, there are only two things that draw me to it. The first is the face unlock (which I'm hoping maybe will come to the Pixel 6 pro later? ) And the second is that Hazel color lol. A very niche colorway but it's my favorite color combo, olive green with some kind of brass/gold/brown. Paired with the official Google green silicone case with gold buttons I think it would look really nice.
But at the end of the day I think I will still stick with my P6P as the improvements aren't significant enough.

Reactions: scott.hart.bti

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I bit the bullet as well. I will be trading in my P6P 256GB (black) for a P7 Standard 128GB model (white). With the trade-in applied, it comes out to around $110 after tax. I would prefer the Pro 128GB edition of course, but with the trade in value applied, that would have still costed around $450 after tax. Yikes.

Also, to clarify for some, the $120-$220 you get for pre-ordering is only in the form of a Google Store gift card and cannot be applied to your Pixel 7 phone upgrade =(

*Edit* - I may or may not have changed my order to the P7P... I can't escape from the 120hz display option... It's time to sell some old stuff online to make up for the extra $300 that it'll cost me... I'm currently upset about it but may be a bit happier once the 14th strikes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Misterxtc

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
IT'S DISPLAY IS FLAT! This will makes me more prone to buy it. No preorder now, I'll wait and see...
Both phones also feature different displays. The Pixel 7 sports a flat 6.4-inch Full HD+ OLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate. The Pixel 7 Pro, on the other hand, comes with a relatively bigger 6.7-inch pOLED screen with QHD+ resolution and up to 120Hz refresh rate support. The glass on the front of the Pixel 7 Pro is also curved on the sides, which you may or may not like depending on the phone you’re coming from. The Pixel 7 Pro’s display also has a slightly higher brightness level at 1,500 nits whereas the Pixel 7 tops out at 1,400 nits.

Only the non-Pro 7 has a flat-screen, just as only the non-Pro 6 has a flat-screen.

Wow, that's a really low amount. I have the 256 GB model and it says they would give me 540 for trade-in.

As far as actually upgrading to the Pixel 7 pro, there are only two things that draw me to it. The first is the face unlock (which I'm hoping maybe will come to the Pixel 6 pro later? ) And the second is that Hazel color lol. A very niche colorway but it's my favorite color combo, olive green with some kind of brass/gold/brown. Paired with the official Google green silicone case with gold buttons I think it would look really nice.
But at the end of the day I think I will still stick with my P6P as the improvements aren't significant enough.
It gave me 480 for a P6P w/128....so something is off over there.

*****EDIT - Read more, yeah you found the 480 but still expensive

Misterxtc

Seeing that I have a nice working P6P and a spare S21 Ultra 256GB I took the plunge and ordered a Pixel 7 Pro. They gave me $620 for the Samsung plus a $200 store credit, I couldn't resist. My wife gets the 1 week old 6 Pro if all is well with the P7.

Last edited:

itiskonrad

Dec 5, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I bit the bullet as well. I will be trading in my P6P 256GB (black) for a P7 Standard 128GB model (white). With the trade-in applied, it comes out to around $110 after tax. I would prefer the Pro 128GB edition of course, but with the trade in value applied, that would have still costed around $450 after tax. Yikes.

Also, to clarify for some, the $120-$220 you get for pre-ordering is only in the form of a Google Store gift card and cannot be applied to your Pixel 7 phone upgrade =(
This is true about the gift card. I actually ended up cancelling my Google preorder because it's a bit unlikely I'd use $200 there, and made a new preorder at Best Buy for the same! Turns out they're also offering a $200 gift card, which I would definitely use up at Best Buy. They're also offering $5 more for my trade in ($545 for my white P6Pro 256gb rather than $540 from Google), and with my Best Buy credit card, I get $50 back!

If you don't need a trade in, Amazon's comparable offer for a $200 gift card with P7Pro preorder is probably the most useful/flexible gift card you can get. But as far as I could tell, they're not offering the unusually large trade-in value for the 6 pro Best Buy and Google are.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Damn new, bright, shiny objects in the store window 🙃

Well, I have 15 days to test it out. Traded in my Pixel 4 XL for $305. If I like the 7 Pro then I might sell my 6 Pro on Swappa, where it looks like the current rate for one in good condition (mine would probably qualify as Mint) is around $500. Let's say I get $450 for the 6 Pro and $305 for the 4 XL=$755. That's basically paying $144 for the 7 Pro (128GB) plus the $200 Google Store credit.

Yes, this is how I'm justifying it 😂

matlear

Jun 19, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Made a pre-order tonight in EU store. 999Euro for P7Pro with free Pixel Watch LTE. Will easily get 480Euro selling my immaculate P6Pro in local ads. Not bad in my opinion. Looking forward to getting the watch mainly and testing out the macro photography.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Apparently, the 7 Pro has a "smaller" curve than the 6 Pro. But I haven't been able to find any confirmation of this anywhere for now.
I saw Verizon offered Zagg's screen protector for the 7 Pro - I don't know if what they show is a accurate representation, but the curve is still noticeable on the sides of the screen protector.

Damn new, bright, shiny objects in the store window 🙃

Well, I have 15 days to test it out. Traded in my Pixel 4 XL for $305. If I like the 7 Pro then I might sell my 6 Pro on Swappa, where it looks like the current rate for one in good condition (mine would probably qualify as Mint) is around $500. Let's say I get $450 for the 6 Pro and $305 for the 4 XL=$755. That's basically paying $144 for the 7 Pro (128GB) plus the $200 Google Store credit.

Yes, this is how I'm justifying it 😂
I thought my wife's and my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 512 GB were Mint when I sold them after I got our Pixel 6 Pros 512 GB last year. One of the Swappa moderators saw what they claimed were tiny scratches around the charging port, so I had to degrade the listing to the next best offering.

Hopefully, you have better luck.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

*Edit* - I may or may not have changed my order to the P7P... I can't escape from the 120hz display option... It's time to sell some old stuff online to make up for the extra $300 that it'll cost me... I'm currently upset about it but may be a bit happier once the 14th strikes.
The one thing about trading up to a seven is that the trade-in value on my P6P is pretty damn good. Like $480 so almost half off. It’s still a pixel and it’s not a downgrade. It’s just not the upgrade that you hope for when you’re buying a new flagship device and that makes me think twice about doing it. I have never been a Samsung fan but waiting for the S 23 ultra 5G would be a big step, but trade-in value on this would go down and that is a much more expensive phone if it’s consistent with the 22 Ultra

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was just interested to see who here plans on upgrading to the Pixel 7 / Pro come October? I'm on the fence but leaning towards sticking with my 6 Pro for another year. From what I've seen, spec-wise, I do not see it as a significant upgrade. And Android 13 is Android 13 on either phone. I tend to upgrade most years and am typically disappointed with the result (since my Pixel 4 XL, which I really did like). I mean, it's exciting to get a new phone but certainly not necessary unless you have a good reason (damage or whatever).

What say you all?
    Think I'll wait for the 8. The 7 sounds like a minor update so far, hardware wise. Some have speculated that the 8 may be produced on Samsung's 3nm Process, although others have said that it may not because it will be too expensive. I've got the 2XL, 4XL and 6 Pro, so just may stick with the 2 yr updates.
    Think I'll wait for the 8. The 7 sounds like a minor update so far, hardware wise. Some have speculated that the 8 may be produced on Samsung's 3nm Process. I've got the 2XL, 4XL and 6 Pro, so just may stick with the 2 yr updates.
    Same here, I only got the even numbers Pixels.

Still using my 4 XL, I'm having a hard time parting with it 😅

But I'm probably gonna use my 6 Pro very soon now that Android 13 has finally ironed out the bugs of 12.

I'm still slightly worried about the battery life and cell reception though.
    I've been testing MVK that is under volted and it has cleaned up a lotttt of the heat this phone use to give me. And he's UV the modem as we speak. We playing with 🔥. 🤣 Android 13 and MVK have honestly solved 96% of my problems I had with this Raven.
    Nope. Same Modem I read. And No 50MP shots really left a terrible taste in my mouth. 12MP is 12MP I don't care if it's BINNED or not. My 3aXL took better pictures and that really burnt me.
    My wife and I will likely either be waiting for the Pixel 8 Pro / XL / SuperMondo, or potentially until sometime after all security updates stop for the Pixel 6 Pro, so sometime late 2026 or early 2027. :D

Edit: We did similar for the Pixel 1/XL - didn't update until after it stopped receiving monthly updates.