Question Will You Upgrade to Pixel 7 / Pro?

Search This thread

card13

Honestly I have no intention of getting the 7. Starting with OPO my family got in the habit of waiting 2 Gens before upgrading. That usually included just enough of an increase in specs to justify the high cost of upgrading. None of us are gamers or do anything crazy with our phones (the only exception is my stepmom, she loves to take pics for Social Media), so the incremental upgrades just don't make any sense. The only exception to this has been OP8T to P6P (if I had followed the trend then P7P would have been my first Pixel), but that was because I got tired of OnePlus playing games with their firmware and kernel source code.

As for switching to Apple or Samsung, the only reason I don't is I hate being told that even-though I payed good money for something, that I'm not authorized to make any modifications or repairs, to me that is horses*** and just feeds the planned obsolescence beast.

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Attachments

• C579A201-2D81-4609-AF92-FE504BA30CC9.png
    C579A201-2D81-4609-AF92-FE504BA30CC9.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Nestacres76

Apr 17, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
View attachment 5716097Another disappointment. At this point, just go with a different phone.
Having gone from S21 ultra to Pixel 6 Pro the difference in speed in day to day use is negliable. As long as the modem is an improvement and the phone gets less hot (which should be helped by the more efficient processor) I will probably upgrade.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Having gone from S21 ultra to Pixel 6 Pro the difference in speed in day to day use is negliable. As long as the modem is an improvement and the phone gets less hot (which should be helped by the more efficient processor) I will probably upgrade.
Yea I would not call this an "upgrade". The Tensor G2 gets beat by a chip from 2021 and cannot compete with today's new flagships is a joke. Not only that, but the P7P will have the same camera specs as last year's. Same outdated curved screen. I mean this is a huge disappointment from Google's part. I understand the pixel lines are mid-range phones but cmon.

Nestacres76

Apr 17, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The P6P camera is amazing (zoom could be better though) so not really that bothered if it's the same in the P7P. If its priced the same way as last year - ie £300 less than Samsung i think it'll represent a good deal for what it is, although not really flagship.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
The P6P camera is amazing (zoom could be better though) so not really that bothered if it's the same in the P7P. If its priced the same way as last year - ie £300 less than Samsung i think it'll represent a good deal for what it is, although not really flagship.
The problem Google has is living in the past. They're using outdated parts, and even downgrading them in new phones. How can they call their Tensor 2 chip "new"? I think I read they're even changing the camera lens to something other than Sony. I'll gladly use a different brand of phone that works better and doesn't overheat just from browsing the web lul

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I read somewhere that the sh***y curved screen of the 7 will have lesss radius, is it true?
The specs show the Pixel 7 Pro being 3.02" wide vs the Pixel 6 Pro at 2.99", so it's entirely possible they're flattening it out a bit but I doubt that'd be a huge difference.

An improved modem, faster charging speeds, and a screen on par with the S22 Ultra would make it enticing.

DAC.IT

Jun 25, 2016
Tulsa
Huawei Nexus 6P
Essential Phone
That's why I don't like wireless charging. Nothing but heat. And where there's a magnetic field, there's an electrical current, and where there's a electrical current, there's a magnetic field. Understanding this physical principal teaches us that although it is "cool" visually, it's not "cool" physically. But yeah this phone has terrible thermals. Since google gave me the middle finger I am tempted to tear the phone apart and see if I can place A. Thermal paste, and B. Thermal pads in the phone in places to allow the phone to act more as a heat sink. But as of now my phone rarely goes above 120f anymore and the battery is consistently below 100f. It use to COOK on A12.1
Ive no intention of buying new , i let everyone else shell out $$thousands find there phones are worth the flag ship money, but i am interested in this idea , im not sure how this could be done ? where are the pads placed ? because there is limited room , yet there are numerous chips that emits alot of heat its not just the cpu

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
I just hope the Pixel 7/Pro will have a faster charging support, at least something like 80 Watt, like come on...
It won't. There's been zero evidence.

Latest Pixel 7 leak points to 30W again. Not sure if 23W or proper 30W this time. Maybe the Pro still has a surprise but I doubt it.

OEMs really don't go above 45W without proprietary charging solutions.

The specs show the Pixel 7 Pro being 3.02" wide vs the Pixel 6 Pro at 2.99", so it's entirely possible they're flattening it out a bit but I doubt that'd be a huge difference.

An improved modem, faster charging speeds, and a screen on par with the S22 Ultra would make it enticing.
It looks noticeably less curved but may not be enough to convince me to get one over a 7.

memocatcher

Dec 22, 2013
It won't. There's been zero evidence.

Latest Pixel 7 leak points to 30W again. Not sure if 23W or proper 30W this time. Maybe the Pro still has a surprise but I doubt it.

OEMs really don't go above 45W without proprietary charging solutions.

It looks noticeably less curved but may not be enough to convince me to get one over a 7.
Damn might be a no deal for me then. As much as I wanted to try out a Pixel phone for the first time. I got so used to OnePlus' fast charging the last few years, can't imagine anything slower than 45 watt anymore.

Motorola Edge 30 Ultra looks more promising then (besides the camera) :/

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

domhall012N8

Mar 15, 2018
OnePlus 12
If this thing doesn't at least come with a 512gb of storage option, after not even having an SD option... I will NEVER EVEN CONSIDER it!!! Was the only reason I even elected to try the P6P in the first place...

Last edited:

XH1987

Feb 11, 2018
I don't think there's much of an upgrade here to warrant going from a 6 to 7 series. The only thing I would be curious about is how well battery life is under the Tensor G2, as I know when I had the 6 Pro, the battery wasn't really good.

Additionally, Google isn't one to really switch up their camera hardware for a considerable time, and if they do it's minor changes. If people didn't buy the 6 last year, and the 7 proves to have to some solid refinements, then maybe it would be an upgrade to people coming from older pixels, keyword maybe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was just interested to see who here plans on upgrading to the Pixel 7 / Pro come October? I'm on the fence but leaning towards sticking with my 6 Pro for another year. From what I've seen, spec-wise, I do not see it as a significant upgrade. And Android 13 is Android 13 on either phone. I tend to upgrade most years and am typically disappointed with the result (since my Pixel 4 XL, which I really did like). I mean, it's exciting to get a new phone but certainly not necessary unless you have a good reason (damage or whatever).

What say you all?
    Think I'll wait for the 8. The 7 sounds like a minor update so far, hardware wise. Some have speculated that the 8 may be produced on Samsung's 3nm Process, although others have said that it may not because it will be too expensive. I've got the 2XL, 4XL and 6 Pro, so just may stick with the 2 yr updates.
    Think I'll wait for the 8. The 7 sounds like a minor update so far, hardware wise. Some have speculated that the 8 may be produced on Samsung's 3nm Process. I've got the 2XL, 4XL and 6 Pro, so just may stick with the 2 yr updates.
    Same here, I only got the even numbers Pixels.

Still using my 4 XL, I'm having a hard time parting with it 😅

But I'm probably gonna use my 6 Pro very soon now that Android 13 has finally ironed out the bugs of 12.

I'm still slightly worried about the battery life and cell reception though.
    I've been testing MVK that is under volted and it has cleaned up a lotttt of the heat this phone use to give me. And he's UV the modem as we speak. We playing with 🔥. 🤣 Android 13 and MVK have honestly solved 96% of my problems I had with this Raven.
    Nope. Same Modem I read. And No 50MP shots really left a terrible taste in my mouth. 12MP is 12MP I don't care if it's BINNED or not. My 3aXL took better pictures and that really burnt me.
    My wife and I will likely either be waiting for the Pixel 8 Pro / XL / SuperMondo, or potentially until sometime after all security updates stop for the Pixel 6 Pro, so sometime late 2026 or early 2027. :D

Edit: We did similar for the Pixel 1/XL - didn't update until after it stopped receiving monthly updates.