Question Will You Upgrade to Pixel 7 / Pro?

Search This thread

domhall012N8

Mar 15, 2018
OnePlus 12
Google cloud storage ended my need for physical storage.
Yeah... I get that there are several cloud storage solutions... For some reason... I just can't bring myself to not have "positive control" of those things that I am accustomed to having positive control of...

It also seems we are, continuously being asked to pay more, for less... Although, one can not argue, the P6/7P, is not really intended to match all other "flagship" devices, maybe?!?! Not at such a lower price point, comparably...

Just on principle alone, I was really looking at the Sony Xperia 1 IV, flag-ship specs, SD card, headphone jack, etc... But it's price is ridiculous... And has some issues, for which, all phone have "some" issues I guess...

Purchased a 512gb P6P to test and root and such, tho the kid has since taken that one, with a $200 discount and event that discount is no longer available...

Looks like I might be holding on to the Note 20 Ultra a bit longer... But I am fiending for a stable "root and tweak phone" again!!!

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
I have said that I won't be "upgrading" to the P7 before, however, I may change my mind if the modem is changed (and thus is improved drastically) and if there are good trade in prices.

If that is the case, then I'll trade in my P6P for a P7 standard and it would essentially be either free or around one-hundo before tax 🤔

*Edit* - Random update: it turns out that the P7P will be able to take macro shots! Unfortunately, the P7 standard will not be able to... This makes me want to hold my breath and wait for the P8 series =(

Last edited:

b0uNz

Feb 23, 2010
Dusseldorf
Google Pixel 7 Pro
trade in price maximum 350€ in germany

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-02 154819.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-02 154819.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 63

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Reactions: yyz71

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4
Pixel 7 series specs have leaked! https://9to5google.com/2022/10/02/pixel-7-spec-sheet/

Don't know if this is worth an upgrade from the 6 Pro, unless Google does a spectacular trade-in program in Europe. Do they here though?

Edit: pre-orders in Europe for the 7 Pro might include a free Pixel Watch! WHAT?! (not confirmed yet but dang!)

Last edited:

diesteldorf

Nov 22, 2010
Pixel 7 series specs have leaked! https://9to5google.com/2022/10/02/pixel-7-spec-sheet/

Don't know if this is worth an upgrade from the 6 Pro, unless Google does a spectacular trade-in program in Europe. Do they here though?

Edit: pre-orders in Europe for the 7 Pro might include a free Pixel Watch! WHAT?! (not confirmed yet but dang!)
I skipped the Pixel 5 when they didn't release a PRO model, so upgrading from the Pixel 4XL to the Pixel 6 Pro was well worth it.

I am still thinking about upgrading to the Pixel 7 Pro, if the signal connectivity is more reliable, AND if it has some decent preorder incentives, but I was bummed when I saw the released internal storage options.

I was happy to pay extra for the 6 Pro 512 GB option, but it looks like the 7 Pro may max out at 256 GB.

This may not matter for most people, but it's a big reason why I may choose to keep my 6 Pro another year.

I'm a little surprised Google didn't maintain the status quo and keep the same options this year, but maybe the 512 GB option sold poorly compared to the other options.

scott.hart.bti

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2012
Reading
So now that nearly all the details have been leaked (Google's terrible at surprises), I legit don't understand why anyone in their right mind would upgrade from a 6 to 7? The changes are soooo very minimal. The "tensor g2" which seems to be the biggest selling point, test at 10 percent performance over the original tensor, which won't be noticable in any way. Again, it's all but identical except very very minor changes. Maybe If you have a pixel 4 or 5, then def upgrade. But if you upgrade from a 6 to 7, you need a serious psych exam.

I mean seriously.... Is there maybe something I just missed? They should've just called it the pixel 6.2. this is a dud from Google.

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
I do like the sound of the 5x optical zoom and the 30x super res but overall there isn't enough to make me jump.

I couldn't give a toss about face unlock that's for sure.

memocatcher

Dec 22, 2013
So the 7 Pro gets offered with 12 GB RAM but only 128 GB storage?! Wtf? What kind of stupid variation is that?

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
So the 7 Pro gets offered with 12 GB RAM but only 128 GB storage?! Wtf? What kind of stupid variation is that?
There's a 256 GB version.

So much misinfo and disinfo in here.

New CPU, new GPU, new front cameras, new modem, tweaked rear cameras, etc. This is a NEW phone despite all the whining and suggesting otherwise.

Reactions: NippleSauce

memocatcher

Dec 22, 2013
There's a 256 GB version.

So much misinfo and disinfo in here.

New CPU, new GPU, new front cameras, new modem, tweaked rear cameras, etc. This is a NEW phone despite all the whining and suggesting otherwise.
Yeah but it starts with a price of 899€ for the 128GB/12GB version. It's just a weird thing. Why would you do that? Isn't 899€ expensive enough already? Could have made it 256 GB for that price. Really not keen on paying possibly 80-100€ more just for the 256 GB.

Reactions: yyz71

stroke55

Nov 29, 2013
Google Nexus 5
Moto Z
Yeah but it starts with a price of 899€ for the 128GB/12GB version. It's just a weird thing. Why would you do that? Isn't 899€ expensive enough already? Could have made it 256 GB for that price. Really not keen on paying possibly 80-100€ more just for the 256 GB.
Really? The P6P 12/256 started at 999€ last year. It would be more than fair if the price for the P7P stays at 999€, because Google would take the whole currency loss (ca. -16%) from the much weaker € agaist the US$ - net of tax this would be a loss of around 160$ per device! So maybe you reconsider your complaining again...

Reactions: memocatcher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was just interested to see who here plans on upgrading to the Pixel 7 / Pro come October? I'm on the fence but leaning towards sticking with my 6 Pro for another year. From what I've seen, spec-wise, I do not see it as a significant upgrade. And Android 13 is Android 13 on either phone. I tend to upgrade most years and am typically disappointed with the result (since my Pixel 4 XL, which I really did like). I mean, it's exciting to get a new phone but certainly not necessary unless you have a good reason (damage or whatever).

What say you all?
    Think I'll wait for the 8. The 7 sounds like a minor update so far, hardware wise. Some have speculated that the 8 may be produced on Samsung's 3nm Process, although others have said that it may not because it will be too expensive. I've got the 2XL, 4XL and 6 Pro, so just may stick with the 2 yr updates.
    Think I'll wait for the 8. The 7 sounds like a minor update so far, hardware wise. Some have speculated that the 8 may be produced on Samsung's 3nm Process. I've got the 2XL, 4XL and 6 Pro, so just may stick with the 2 yr updates.
    Same here, I only got the even numbers Pixels.

Still using my 4 XL, I'm having a hard time parting with it 😅

But I'm probably gonna use my 6 Pro very soon now that Android 13 has finally ironed out the bugs of 12.

I'm still slightly worried about the battery life and cell reception though.
    I've been testing MVK that is under volted and it has cleaned up a lotttt of the heat this phone use to give me. And he's UV the modem as we speak. We playing with 🔥. 🤣 Android 13 and MVK have honestly solved 96% of my problems I had with this Raven.
    Nope. Same Modem I read. And No 50MP shots really left a terrible taste in my mouth. 12MP is 12MP I don't care if it's BINNED or not. My 3aXL took better pictures and that really burnt me.
    My wife and I will likely either be waiting for the Pixel 8 Pro / XL / SuperMondo, or potentially until sometime after all security updates stop for the Pixel 6 Pro, so sometime late 2026 or early 2027. :D

Edit: We did similar for the Pixel 1/XL - didn't update until after it stopped receiving monthly updates.