[Willow]Totally bricked my phone and can't even EDL

Search This thread

stickstuck

Dec 12, 2017
Baia Mare
Hello.

Yesterday I was trying to get Ubuntu Touch on this and due to some inconveniences, I decided to go back to android.
I was flashing the stock firmware when I got an error that said it was waiting for the device.

I turned off the phone as I had to leave and returned to it a few hours later.
The phone won't turn on at all, not even vibrating. I plugged into my battery and it is charging at 5v and 0.5A.
I tried getting it into EDL, but no luck.

I think the phone might be dead, or at least the battery, but I don't know how to check or how to save it.
Is there anything I can do?

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
Hello.

Yesterday I was trying to get Ubuntu Touch on this and due to some inconveniences, I decided to go back to android.
I was flashing the stock firmware when I got an error that said it was waiting for the device.

I turned off the phone as I had to leave and returned to it a few hours later.
The phone won't turn on at all, not even vibrating. I plugged into my battery and it is charging at 5v and 0.5A.
I tried getting it into EDL, but no luck.

I think the phone might be dead, or at least the battery, but I don't know how to check or how to save it.
Is there anything I can do?
did you reboot to EDL the soft way (comand) or hard way (open the case) ?

stickstuck

Dec 12, 2017
Baia Mare
did you reboot to EDL the soft way (comand) or hard way (open the case) ?
I finally managed to get it into EDL. Only the hard way is possible as the phone gives no sign of life(no screen flash, no vibration, nothing).

Upon attempting to flash I get either a firehose error or a Sahara error. I tried both with the original and with a no authentification programmer. This was with QFIL.

I also wanna try QDL on my arch, but I'll get to that tomorrow.

It's still kind of a hassle to get it into EDL as it sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.

Do you think there still is a chance with this, or should I be looking for a motherboard replacement instead?

loopypalm

Jul 8, 2016
Osaka
Do you think there still is a chance with this, or should I be looking for a motherboard replacement instead?
depend on what you did before
if you mess with the standard partitions (boot/dtbo/system/vendor), that can be solved with EDL
if you mess with hidden partition then look for replacment

try with what you have first ...