Win86emu 0.6 for Windows RT 8.1 working

Search This thread

yopablo

Jan 18, 2008
Hi,

I have uploaded a working version of Win86emu 0.6 ready for working in Windows RT 8.1 with jailbreak: http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/iMffGf8P/file.html

Instructions:

1. Extract all files to c:\ (it will create a x86node folder)
2. Execute c:\x86node\install\x86node.reg
3. Run c:\x86node\windows\postinstall.exe
4. For Windows 8.1, copy c:\x86node\Install\Windows 8.1\x86node\Windows\SystemNT\ntdll.nt.dll to c:\x86node\Windows\SystemNT\ntdll.nt.dll and override the current dll.

After this, you can run c:\x86node\windows\launcher.exe and choose a x86 exe to run (e.g. c:\x86node\windows\regedit.86.exe)

Edit: I forgot step 4

Last edited:

aq3e

Nov 10, 2008
Attempting to run anything results with this error

The procedure entry point RtlConvertUiListToApiList could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\x86node\Windows\SystemNT\ntdll.nt.dll

This error comes up a few times after clicking through the application may actually run but wont function as intended.

Winamp 2.95 Installs, runs and plays Mp3's
CPU usage is around 13% idle 260MB ram usage​

VLC 0.7.2 installed, runs in a command line only, wont play anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: koolgay

yopablo

Jan 18, 2008

The procedure entry point RtlConvertUiListToApiList could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\x86node\Windows\SystemNT\ntdll.nt.dll

This error comes up a few times after clicking through the application may actually run but wont function as intended.

Yes, I forgot the forth step. I have edited the info.

Reactions: ivann23 and aq3e

aq3e

Nov 10, 2008
Is this still being based off of ReactOS?

Edit: yes it is, too bad we couldn't get mamaich back on board to continue their development of this.

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
The game.com emulator works perfectly on win86emu :) I don't know if I'm allowed to post it, but you can find the emulator on google with all of the roms and the instructions to use it :) have fun!

srijg

May 16, 2016
Hi,
I am getting an error : "Windows cannot verify he digital signature for this file" .
Does anyone know of a solution??

roxas22

Oct 6, 2014
hey guys,someone know how to run starcraft with win86emu? When i try i get error

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Hey guys,someone know how to play starcraft with win86emu?

fruzi992

Feb 19, 2018
Hi, i have a lumia with windows rt, i am trying to run chrome or firefox or opera but the compatibility set is to old (windows xp sp3), do you know how to properly change reg entries for a newer compatibility?

Ikupasuy

Mar 14, 2016
Hello, I've downloaded the files and tried moving them around and have encountered a couple of issues that stop me from going forward.

1. I wasn't able to move all the System32 dll files. It said I didn't have permission.

2. After running the after install file I was told that the file ""Windows cannot verify he digital signature for this file" .

My boss wants to get Google Chrome on the Windows RT. I think I've seen in a video that a guy was able to get Chrome on his RT, but he didn't elaborate on the process.

Any and all replies are appreciated. Thank you

Qiangong2

Oct 31, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hello, I've downloaded the files and tried moving them around and have encountered a couple of issues that stop me from going forward.

1. I wasn't able to move all the System32 dll files. It said I didn't have permission.

2. After running the after install file I was told that the file ""Windows cannot verify he digital signature for this file" .

My boss wants to get Google Chrome on the Windows RT. I think I've seen in a video that a guy was able to get Chrome on his RT, but he didn't elaborate on the process.

Any and all replies are appreciated. Thank you

Chrome does not run on RT and it never will

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have uploaded a working version of Win86emu 0.6 ready for working in Windows RT 8.1 with jailbreak: http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/iMffGf8P/file.html

Instructions:

1. Extract all files to c:\ (it will create a x86node folder)
    2. Execute c:\x86node\install\x86node.reg
    3. Run c:\x86node\windows\postinstall.exe
    4. For Windows 8.1, copy c:\x86node\Install\Windows 8.1\x86node\Windows\SystemNT\ntdll.nt.dll to c:\x86node\Windows\SystemNT\ntdll.nt.dll and override the current dll.

After this, you can run c:\x86node\windows\launcher.exe and choose a x86 exe to run (e.g. c:\x86node\windows\regedit.86.exe)

Edit: I forgot step 4

Yes, I forgot the forth step. I have edited the info.

Then, win86emu should be working ok. Not every app is supported. Check this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2259449 for compat suggestions