Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder

Search This thread

deanfourie

Mar 17, 2015
I am having issues with this, I am stuck on a boot loop when trying to boot from usb.

Any help appreciated!

Surface 2

Last edited:

deanfourie

Mar 17, 2015
Guys, im trying to use this device as a simple home automation touchscreen device that just runs as a webapp.

Ive installed windows 10, but the browser support is still so lacking. Are there alternative browsers available?

Failing that, is there any chance of a linux install, even raspbian?

I need it to sit endlessly with a browser open, that's it haha.

Thanks in advance.

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
did i can install chrome or any other browsers after installing windows 10 ??
Guys, im trying to use this device as a simple home automation touchscreen device that just runs as a webapp.

Ive installed windows 10, but the browser support is still so lacking. Are there alternative browsers available?

Failing that, is there any chance of a linux install, even raspbian?

I need it to sit endlessly with a browser open, that's it haha.

Thanks in advance.
The only browser options are 15035 IE11, 15035 Edge or Otter:

Linux is WIP:

anzedolenc

Oct 26, 2021
Hi, I've tried to install Windows 10 on Surface RT (clean install) several times, but every time i tried to boot Surface from USB get cmd window for one second and then an advanced boot menu.
I tried with different USB keys and different iso images (only windows, with office ..). Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
Hi, I've tried to install Windows 10 on Surface RT (clean install) several times, but every time i tried to boot Surface from USB get cmd window for one second and then an advanced boot menu.
I tried with different USB keys and different iso images (only windows, with office ..). Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.
Sounds like its working just fine if you selected the option to use the Windows Recovery Environment.

Have you tried doing the following after it boots?
Code:
1. Select keyboard layout.
2. Select "Troubleshoot".
3. Select "Recover from a drive".
4. Select drive cleaning option.
5. Select "Recover" or "Cancel".

anzedolenc

Oct 26, 2021
Sounds like its working just fine if you selected the option to use the Windows Recovery Environment.

Have you tried doing the following after it boots?
Code:
1. Select keyboard layout.
2. Select "Troubleshoot".
3. Select "Recover from a drive".
4. Select drive cleaning option.
5. Select "Recover" or "Cancel".
Tried and it works. Thanks.

habari00

May 1, 2010
Good morning,
I was able to upgrade a second hand Surface RT from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 using the instructions. Everything went well and the Office installation is still in progress. However, I could not activate the Windows 10 version. It is in test mode. What can I do here?
Thank you very much already.

habari00

May 1, 2010
Various old versions of the store have become inoperable over the past few weeks, it appears from the Store icon on your taskbar that you have one of those versions. The media builder and app pack were updated on the 2nd of July to correct this by using a newer version.

Please install the version of Store from here. To install download the file to the device, open the file and click update when prompted. This is the last known version of the Store that will function normally on 15035.
It shows: File not found.

costelred

Mar 15, 2022
Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder:

This media builder will download Windows 10 Build 15035, apply common modifications, install apps, install drivers and generate custom installation media ready for use on the selected device.

Windows 10 Build 15035 is now five years old and it should not be considered as suitable for daily use, in addition to being outdated it has numerous bugs and other issues expected of an expired pre-release build. Consider running Windows 10 Build 15035 as novelty value only, it will not make any Windows RT device useful.

The use of this media builder or the media it produces is entirely at your own risk.

User Guide
- Device Support
- Known Issues

09/03/2022 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.1.zip - Download - Mirror: Anonfiles
- Added option to download files located on Archive.org via BitTorrent (Can be faster than HTTP, see settings menu).
- Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to March 2022.
- Added Settings Menu.

Depending on the options selected, the result will look like one of the pictures below or something in-between.

hi bro y got this problem. how to go on cmd? surface RT 32
Image 2022-03.jpeg

costelred

Mar 15, 2022
Looks like a bad/missing BCD. Is that error happening when trying to boot from a USB made by Media Builder, is it happening when the device is booting from eMMC after the install? What steps did you take that got you to this error?
hy. no chance to revive my rt tab. it trans... everytime i plug any usb got the sama error. no chance to go in trubleshot or commandpromt(CMD) or any posybilyty. sory for mi write :D

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
hy. no chance to revive my rt tab. it trans... everytime i plug any usb got the sama error. no chance to go in trubleshot or commandpromt(CMD) or any posybilyty. sory for mi write :D

To exclude any issue that might be a result of Media Builder, try this:

If recovery fails from a BMR you can still use the USB you made to try the command prompt:
  1. Boot from the USB drive containing the extracted contents of the BMR image by inserting the USB, holding down the Volume - button and pressing the power button.
  2. Select keyboard layout.
  3. Select "Troubleshoot".
  4. Select "Advanced Options".
  5. Select "Command Prompt".
If you still have issues, try another USB drive.

Reactions: costelred

costelred

Mar 15, 2022
To exclude any issue that might be a result of Media Builder, try this:

If recovery fails from a BMR you can still use the USB you made to try the command prompt:
  1. Boot from the USB drive containing the extracted contents of the BMR image by inserting the USB, holding down the Volume - button and pressing the power button.
  2. Select keyboard layout.
  3. Select "Troubleshoot".
  4. Select "Advanced Options".
  5. Select "Command Prompt".
If you still have issues, try another USB drive.
same i have many times performed and same result error:0xc000000f.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder:

15035_MB_00.PNG

This media builder will download Windows 10 Build 15035, apply common modifications, install apps, install drivers and generate custom installation media ready for use on the selected device.

Windows 10 Build 15035 is now five years old and it should not be considered as suitable for daily use, in addition to being outdated it has numerous bugs and other issues expected of an expired pre-release build. Consider running Windows 10 Build 15035 as novelty value only, it will not make any Windows RT device useful.

The use of this media builder or the media it produces is entirely at your own risk.

User Guide
    - Device Support
    - Known Issues

11/05/2022 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.2b.zip - Download - Mirror: Anonfiles
    - Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to May 2022.
    - Corrected an error that occurred when the temporary and output directories were on separate drives.

15035_MB_01.PNG 15035_MB_02.PNG
    15035_MB_03.PNG 15035_MB_04.PNG
    15035_MB_05.PNG 15035_MB_06.PNG
    15035_MB_07.PNG 15035_MB_09.PNG

Depending on the options selected, the result will look like one of the pictures below or something in-between.

15035_Win_00.PNG 15035_Win_01.PNG
    15035_Win_02.PNG 15035_Win_03.PNG
    15035_Win_04.PNG 15035_HSP_00.PNG
    How do I activate Windows?
    Once connected to the internet it will happen automatically eventually if you selected the option during image build, the KMS is not always up though.
    My bad, i was sure i have Surface RT. Everytning works now. Thank you so much
    No problem, glad it worked.

@jwa4 if downloaded for office or language pack is breaks for some reasons so after next launch builder is just skip redownload office and stop if those files are rong. maybe it is good to delete it and redownload?
    I will fix this in the next release but if the downloads for Office got interrupted you can delete the contents of:
    Code:
    D:\Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder v1.6b\Downloads\Office\Downloads\
    I've been looking but I'm not sure how to do it
    by chance you will have the commands I do not want to break anything
    Unfortunatley I have never used any of them, I did briefly try to add the option of applying the Russian Language pack to the mod kit but it caused various issues.
    the store does not work for me, how can I solve it? or how to install apps without the store?

is there a way to go back to w8.1?

View attachment 5267847
    Store is working here, is it possible the store has been updated on your installation? The last version of the Store that will work normally is 11706.1001.26.0. For manual installation you can grab Appx files using https://store.rg-adguard.net/

To go back to 8.1 you can grab the official recovery image for your device from https://support.microsoft.com/surfacerecoveryimage