Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder

Search This thread

chitamstpl

Mar 8, 2023
Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder:

This media builder will download Windows 10 Build 15035, apply common modifications, install apps, install drivers and generate custom installation media ready for use on the selected device.

Windows 10 Build 15035 is now six years old and it should not be considered as suitable for daily use, in addition to being outdated it has numerous bugs and other issues expected of an expired pre-release build. Consider running Windows 10 Build 15035 as novelty value only, it will not make any Windows RT device useful.
The use of this media builder or the media it produces is entirely at your own risk.

User Guide
- Device Support
- Known Issues
- Version History

20/02/2023 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.4f.zip
- Possible workaround to the issue of hanging on the UEFI boot logo when attempting to install Windows using Windows Media Builder output on the Tegra devices.

Download: Open-RT / Archive.org

15/02/2023 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.4e.zip
- Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to February 2023.
- Nokia Lumia 2520 driver pack updated (Working output still not available).

10/01/2023 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.4d.zip
- Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to January 2023.
- Surface RT & 2 Jailbreak USB updated to v1.5b.
- Minor update to App Pack.
- Minor fixes.

29/12/2022 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.4c.zip
- Corrected an issue with the optional Windows OEM:NONSLP activation method.
- Minor fixes.

20/11/2022 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.4b.zip
- Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to November 2022.
- Added alternative Product Key/Activation options for Windows 10 & Office 2013.

13/10/2022 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.4a.zip
- Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to October 2022.
- Minor update to App Pack.
- Surface RT & 2 Jailbreak USB updated to v1.5a.

17/09/2022 - Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder_v2.4.zip
- Added option to create a "Windows To Go" bootable USB drive. ^
- Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to September 2022.
- DISM logs are now being saved correctly.
- Minor fixes.

Depending on the options selected, the result will look like one of the pictures below or something in-between.

please help me error, like the picture

Attachments

• 20230312_091621.jpg
    20230312_091621.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 53

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
Hello, I updated my Surface RT to Windows 10 without any problems, all the drivers are installed and working, Edge works, the YouTube site needs to be loaded as for a mobile device. one problem: all my computers see and open my surface on the local network, but the surface does not see my computers. I have been checked all settings and group policy... please advise. thanks.
I don't have 15035 installed at the moment but I don't recall having a similar issue, next time I have it installed I will try to check.
please help me error, like the picture
Your UEFI is not supported by Yahallo. You will need to update to v4.22.500 first, the latest UEFI attached.

Attachments

• surface2fwupdate.inf_arm_459c2e980e4c9d1d.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: chitamstpl

chitamstpl

Mar 8, 2023
I don't have 15035 installed at the moment but I don't recall having a similar issue, next time I have it installed I will try to check.

Your UEFI is not supported by Yahallo. You will need to update to v4.22.500 first, the latest UEFI attached.
when successfully installing windows 10, surface 2 cpu runs 100%, do you have any solutions please help me

nk567497

Mar 6, 2023
Hi, I don't understand how LAN is dependent on UEFI if UEFI works at the BIOS level. besides that, all other computers see and open all shared folders on my Surface RT...
thanks.

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
Hi, I don't understand how LAN is dependent on UEFI if UEFI works at the BIOS level. besides that, all other computers see and open all shared folders on my Surface RT...
thanks.
The UEFI reply was for another user, I will try to take a look next time I have 15035 installed.

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
when I upgrade to surface 2 window 10, can't get wifi, can you guide me to find the wifi driver for me?
All drivers are already included, it should just work. Can you post a screenshot of device manager along with \logs\Info.txt and \logs\Info-Install.txt (these files will be in the output folder or on the USB).

chitamstpl

Mar 8, 2023
All drivers are already included, it should just work. Can you post a screenshot of device manager along with \logs\Info.txt and \logs\Info-Install.txt (these files will be in the output folder or on the USB).
I have successfully fixed the wifi, thank you very much, but the device still has a sound error, opening the machine to load into the window takes a long time to take 1 hour. hope you help.

chitamstpl

Mar 8, 2023
Error

Attachments

• 20230318_034131.jpg
    20230318_034131.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230317_214011.jpg
    20230317_214011.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 20230318_034101.jpg
    20230318_034101.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 52

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
Troubleshooter won't be functional on current date because the build is expired, you could try setting the date to February 2017 but I'm not sure it will help.

I've never seen the issues you are reporting, assuming its not a hardware issue the best advice I can offer is to rebuild the image and reinstall. Post \logs\Info.txt and \logs\Info-Install.txt from your existing image (these files will be in the output folder or on the USB).

Reactions: chitamstpl
I created a USB with W10 for a vivotab rt, after installing it, it doesnt boot at all. It keeps a purple line on top left. ANd if i press F10, the windows boot manager tell me winload.efi 0xc0000428, the digital signature for this file couldnt be verified.
What should i do?
With the w10 usb and the w8.1 usb doest do anything at all

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
I created a USB with W10 for a vivotab rt, after installing it, it doesnt boot at all. It keeps a purple line on top left. ANd if i press F10, the windows boot manager tell me winload.efi 0xc0000428, the digital signature for this file couldnt be verified.
What should i do?
With the w10 usb and the w8.1 usb doest do anything at all
For the VivoTab you need to make sure your 10 image was built using the "Modified Windows RT 8.1 Recovery Environment (WinRE)" option.

For the VivoTab you need to make sure your 10 image was built using the "Modified Windows RT 8.1 Recovery Environment (WinRE)" option.
Thanks! but yes, I used that option. now it started,about 10 reboots later it had detect the pendrive and I reinstalled it, and then, it appeared a screen where i had to accept something that firstly didnt appeared.
Now I see I have to activate it.

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
Thanks! but yes, I used that option. now it started,about 10 reboots later it had detect the pendrive and I reinstalled it, and then, it appeared a screen where i had to accept something that firstly didnt appeared.
Now I see I have to activate it.
It will activate itself when connected to the internet but sometimes it might take an hour or so.

As for the secure boot accept screen not appearing this seems to be an issue with the VivoTab itself (just replicated it here), I'm not sure anything can be done about this but I will check. The workaround seems to be to toggle the vol keys which will cause the options to be show up when highlighted.

Reactions: notass

keshun0307

Jun 24, 2023
Hi all,
I've installed win 10 build 15035 on my surface rt by using Media Builder, it works fine for most features, but the audio is not working.
try to update the new driver from device manager, but still not working, here some info i got as below:

1. check the device list under "Sound, video and game controllers", it shows:
-> High Definition Audio Device: work properly
-> NVIDIA Tegra Miracast Audio: work properly
-> NVIDIA Tegra Wave Device : 
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the device are incorrect

2. make a troubleshooting, it shows "Validating the integrity of the troubleshooter failed", and details are:
-> Package ID: AudioPlaybackDiagnostic
-> Path: Unknown
-> Error code: 0x800B0101
-> Source: Engine
-> User: .....
-> Context: Elevated

it seems the installed driver is not correct, but don't know how to get a correct driver for build 15035 run on surface rt, or it is just other issue instead of driver?
Does anyone have idea to solve this? Thanks for any advice!

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020
Hi all,
I've installed win 10 build 15035 on my surface rt by using Media Builder, it works fine for most features, but the audio is not working.
try to update the new driver from device manager, but still not working, here some info i got as below:

1. check the device list under "Sound, video and game controllers", it shows:
-> High Definition Audio Device: work properly
-> NVIDIA Tegra Miracast Audio: work properly
-> NVIDIA Tegra Wave Device : 
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
The I/O device is configured incorrectly or the configuration parameters to the device are incorrect

2. make a troubleshooting, it shows "Validating the integrity of the troubleshooter failed", and details are:
-> Package ID: AudioPlaybackDiagnostic
-> Path: Unknown
-> Error code: 0x800B0101
-> Source: Engine
-> User: .....
-> Context: Elevated

it seems the installed driver is not correct, but don't know how to get a correct driver for build 15035 run on surface rt, or it is just other issue instead of driver?
Does anyone have idea to solve this? Thanks for any advice!
It should just work out of the box, no manual installation is required. You can try grabbing the relevant drivers for your device and installing manually - https://files.open-rt.party/Windows_Media_Builder/Drivers/Extracted/

The troubleshooting wizard will fail due to the expired state of the build and is expected behaviour but it should work if you set the date back to February 2017 temporarily.

Have you confirmed the correct device was selected when building the image? There have been times where people have built an RT image for a 2 or a 2 image for an RT. If everything apart from sound is working then this would be unlikely but still worth checking.

keshun0307

Jun 24, 2023
It should just work out of the box, no manual installation is required. You can try grabbing the relevant drivers for your device and installing manually - https://files.open-rt.party/Windows_Media_Builder/Drivers/Extracted/

The troubleshooting wizard will fail due to the expired state of the build and is expected behaviour but it should work if you set the date back to February 2017 temporarily.

Have you confirmed the correct device was selected when building the image? There have been times where people have built an RT image for a 2 or a 2 image for an RT. If everything apart from sound is working then this would be unlikely but still worth checking.
Thanks a lot for suggestion, i'll give it a try and let you know the result.

keshun0307

Jun 24, 2023

Thanks a lot for suggestion, i'll give it a try and let you know the result.

jwa4

Jun 2, 2020

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder:

15035_MB_00.PNG

This media builder will download Windows 10 Build 15035, apply common modifications, install apps, install drivers and generate custom installation media ready for use on the selected device.

Windows 10 Build 15035 is now six years old and it should not be considered as suitable for daily use, in addition to being outdated it has numerous bugs and other issues expected of an expired pre-release build. Consider running Windows 10 Build 15035 as novelty value only, it will not make any Windows RT device useful.
    badtime.png
    The use of this media builder or the media it produces is entirely at your own risk.

Download
    - User Guide
    - Discord Server
    - Telegram Channel

14/11/2023 - Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder - v2.52

This release is only available to users of Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder v2.50 and above as an update package which will be offered when Windows Media Builder is started.

- Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to November 2023.
    - Updated Windows activation configuration options.
    - Corrected an issue that could cause rewriting output to fail.
    - Minor Fixes

20/10/2023 - Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder - v2.51

- Added some feedback to show what is happening when Apps are being added to the image.
    - Updated HWID activation ticket (Credit to massgrave.dev).
    - Cleanup.cmd and Build.cmd can no longer be run at the same time.
    - Added an option to disable startup checks for script and download list updates.

13/09/2023 - Windows 10 Build 15035 Media Builder - v2.50
    - Corrected an issue which would cause writing to USB to fail if the output path contained parentheses.
    - Added notification and update option when a new Media Builder release is available.
    - Office 2013 RT Home & Student Plus update lists updated to September 2023.
    - Minor Fixes.

15035_MB_01.PNG 15035_MB_02.PNG
    15035_MB_03.PNG 15035_MB_04.PNG
    15035_MB_05.PNG 15035_MB_06.PNG
    15035_MB_07.PNG 15035_MB_09.PNG

Depending on the options selected, the result will look like one of the pictures below or something in-between.

15035_Win_04.PNG 15035_Win_00.PNG
    15035_Win_01.PNG 15035_Win_02.PNG
    15035_Win_03.PNG 15035_HSP_00.PNG
    My bad, i was sure i have Surface RT. Everytning works now. Thank you so much
    No problem, glad it worked.

@jwa4 if downloaded for office or language pack is breaks for some reasons so after next launch builder is just skip redownload office and stop if those files are rong. maybe it is good to delete it and redownload?
    I will fix this in the next release but if the downloads for Office got interrupted you can delete the contents of:
    Code:
    D:\Windows_10_15035_Media_Builder v1.6b\Downloads\Office\Downloads\
    I need some help. I’ve installed windows 10 and it works fine but now I want to go back to 8.1. I’ve made a recovery usb with the windows 8.1 files but I can’t get to the usb recovery from boot up. Only way to get to recovery is from within the windows settings. From there I try to get to cmd but it just reboots the system. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.
    I found the solution for this
    Microsoft only provides Recovery zip for Surface RT, which contains Windows RT 8.1.
    With the steps provided by Microsoft, we can setup an USB stick that boots into Windows Recovery Environment.
    However, this Recovery Environment only recognizes Windows 10 for recovery, but what is in the USB is Windows RT 8.1. The discrepancy leads to recovery failure.
    Here are my steps:
    1. Use jwa4's script, at "Choosing Windows Setup Mode" choose "1. Windows Setup" and continue to create an USB with typical windows setup mode
    2. Use the USB in step 1, boot Surface into setup mode, choose "Custom", and delete all the partitions.
    3. Leave the setup without installing, so we have a hard drive that is "empty" (file structure corrupted and unbootable)
    4. Now, we can use the Windows RT 8.1 Recovery USB to recover the Surface with "Troubleshooting" -> "Reset your PC"
    I've been looking but I'm not sure how to do it
    by chance you will have the commands I do not want to break anything
    Unfortunatley I have never used any of them, I did briefly try to add the option of applying the Russian Language pack to the mod kit but it caused various issues.
    the store does not work for me, how can I solve it? or how to install apps without the store?

is there a way to go back to w8.1?

View attachment 5267847
    Store is working here, is it possible the store has been updated on your installation? The last version of the Store that will work normally is 11706.1001.26.0. For manual installation you can grab Appx files using https://store.rg-adguard.net/

To go back to 8.1 you can grab the official recovery image for your device from https://support.microsoft.com/surfacerecoveryimage