Windows 10 MTK VCOM USB Drivers for 32 & 64 bit + Driver install tutorial M2

Search This thread

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster
Windows 10 MTK VCOM USB Drivers for 32 & 64 bit + Driver install tutorial

To determine the version of Windows 10 that you have (32 bit or 64 bit):

- Right-click on Start then click on System
- In the System window that opens, in System section, you will find your version of Windows next to System type

To disable Windows 10 64 bit driver signature enforcement:
- On your 64 bit Windows 10 desktop click on Start then on Settings
- Click on Update & security then in the left pane click on Recovery
- Under Advanced startup click on Restart now button
- Click on Troubleshoot then on Advanced options
- Click on Startup Settings then on Restart button
- The computer will restart with the Startup Settings screen
- To disable the driver signature enforcement until next restart press on number key 7 or F7 on your keyboard.
- After restart you can proceed with the unsigned MTK drivers installation for your 64 bit Windows
- After you install the unsigned drivers, to use them again in the future, you have to repeat this procedure

To install the MTK VCOM USB Drivers on 32 & 64 bit Windows 10:

- Download the drivers *.zip archive and extract the folder from inside on to the desktop:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087012126

1.png

Right-click on Start then click on Device Manager

2.png

In the Device Manager Window click on the first item – your computer name

3.png

Click on Action then Add legacy hardware

4.png

On the Welcome to the Add hardware Wizard window click on Next button

5.png

Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and then click on Next button

6.png

Click on Show All Devices then on Next button

7.png

In the Add Hardware window click on Have Disk… button

8.png

In the Install From Disk windows click on Browse… button
In the next window – Locate file – browse for the folder that you have extracted on the desktop at the beginning

9.png

Select the version of the driver according to your Windows 10 version – x64 for 64 bit and x86 for 32 bit and click Open button

10.png

Click the OK button to load the driver

11.png

From the list of drivers select MTK USB Port and click on Next button

12.png

If a red warning window will open, click on Install this driver software anyway

This action will add the following drivers in to the operating system:

- MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port
- MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port – for transferring the firmware to your device
- MTK USB DEBUG Port
- MTK USB Modem Port
- MTK USB port – for transfering PreLoader to your device (and recovery in case of bad or corrupt firmware)

Now we need to remove the device that we have installed but leave the drivers in the operating system.
To do that, in the Device Manager window we expand Ports (COM & LPT) section

13.png

Right-click and click Uninstall on the MTK USB Port

14.png

- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window make sure that the box Delete the driver software for this device is empty
- You need to leave the drivers in the operating system and only remove the device that you added
- Click on the OK button to finalise

Now, when you will connect your turned off MTK device to the Windows 10 computer by USB, the device will be recognized either trough a MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port interface or as a MTK USB port if it is bricked or it has bad/corrupt firmware. The SP Flash Tool will be able to transfer the firmware to your device trough this interfaces. Make sure you connect the device after you press the Download button in SP Flash Tool, as the communication interface will only be alive for 2 seconds if no data is being sent.

Download SP Flash Tool v3 & v5 – Latest versions:
http://laurentiumihet.ro/technology/download-sp-flash-tool-v3-v5-latest-versions/

TUT found here : http://laurentiumihet.ro/technology...-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/

cheers​

lost3

Nov 8, 2010
hi mate , in win10 64bit it says "error does not contain digital signature information"

edit: i installed with digital signature disable in win 10

Last edited:

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster
hi mate , in win10 64bit it says "error does not contain digital signature information"
It happens to me too . once.
I did it with that
http://bbs.elephone.hk/thread-1037-1-1.html#.VWgkX_RAU-0

Take the drivers from there and make it the dirty way.
It will say signature fails.. Then look into c:/windows/program/ mtk drivers or mediatek folder.
Open the device manager and plug in the phone.
You will see a new USB connection. Klick there and install the drivers from the folder above. .
I did it 2 times. Then it works on win10 64bit

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P8000 mit Tapatalk

Chiranjeevi23

Mar 4, 2016
now we can solve LeTv Le 1s Bootloop Issue on windows 10

thanks alot now we can solve LeTv Le 1s Bootloop Issue on windows 10 .. :happytears:

santo111

May 7, 2016
Kolkata
saved my bricked Lenovo A296i

Updated the firmware(Android 2.3.6) of my phone successfully after researching for almost 26 hours. My phone got bricked after I accidentally deleted google services framework, it stuck on the startup logo. I tried to flash the stock rom from sd card but the message was"E: Signature verification failed, installation aborted". then I used SP flash tool and stock rom "Lenovo_A269i_2.3.6_(by_xdafirmware.com).zip" and followed this thread and was finally able to unbrick my phone after updating the firmware. thanks guys:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:good::good::good::good::good::good:

foxie42

Nov 22, 2015
Den Bosch
I tried this method but my lenovo vibe X2 is still nog recognised.
My computer keeps giving an error code 43 (A request for the USB device descriptor failed.)

Does anyone have an idea what to do?

Tetsuo1981

Oct 16, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Would this be any use for a UMI Super? I'm running 32bit windows 10 build 10586 and need a driver to be able to use spflash tool to flash TWRP. Will this driver work?

pohlipit

Jun 30, 2009
When plugging in the phone while turned off, the phone is only recognized for 2 seconds and SP Flashtool doesn't seem to be starting the download fast enough to catch on. Does anyone know how to solve the issue?

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster
When plugging in the phone while turned off, the phone is only recognized for 2 seconds and SP Flashtool doesn't seem to be starting the download fast enough to catch on. Does anyone know how to solve the issue?
Normal. Klick download in flash tools then connect the phone while holding vol+

Gesendet von meinem P9000 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: X-racer

Claude070

Nov 11, 2016
Windows 7

Bonjour,
connaissez vous un lien pour un pilote windows 7 pour MTK VCOM USB Drivers for 32 & 64 bit ?
par avance merci
Claude

Andreuu_u

Mar 10, 2015
In my case it's about a smartwatch, the DZ09. I followed the tutorial step by step and it does not work. Everything goes fine but when I connect my device (powered off, of course) it plugs and unplugs (that's what the Windows sound reports) constantly, like a couple of times, and then starts to charge battery (which I guess it shouldn't).

Any ideas? Thank you <3 :(((((((((

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster
In my case it's about a smartwatch, the DZ09. I followed the tutorial step by step and it does not work. Everything goes fine but when I connect my device (powered off, of course) it plugs and unplugs (that's what the Windows sound reports) constantly, like a couple of times, and then starts to charge battery (which I guess it shouldn't).

Any ideas? Thank you <3 :(((((((((
Hold vol+ while you plug it in

Gesendet von meinem Metal mit Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows 10 MTK VCOM USB Drivers for 32 & 64 bit + Driver install tutorial

To determine the version of Windows 10 that you have (32 bit or 64 bit):

- Right-click on Start then click on System
    - In the System window that opens, in System section, you will find your version of Windows next to System type

To disable Windows 10 64 bit driver signature enforcement:
    - On your 64 bit Windows 10 desktop click on Start then on Settings
    - Click on Update & security then in the left pane click on Recovery
    - Under Advanced startup click on Restart now button
    - Click on Troubleshoot then on Advanced options
    - Click on Startup Settings then on Restart button
    - The computer will restart with the Startup Settings screen
    - To disable the driver signature enforcement until next restart press on number key 7 or F7 on your keyboard.
    - After restart you can proceed with the unsigned MTK drivers installation for your 64 bit Windows
    - After you install the unsigned drivers, to use them again in the future, you have to repeat this procedure

To install the MTK VCOM USB Drivers on 32 & 64 bit Windows 10:

- Download the drivers *.zip archive and extract the folder from inside on to the desktop:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087012126

1.png

Right-click on Start then click on Device Manager

2.png

In the Device Manager Window click on the first item – your computer name

3.png

Click on Action then Add legacy hardware

4.png

On the Welcome to the Add hardware Wizard window click on Next button

5.png

Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and then click on Next button

6.png

Click on Show All Devices then on Next button

7.png

In the Add Hardware window click on Have Disk… button

8.png

In the Install From Disk windows click on Browse… button
    In the next window – Locate file – browse for the folder that you have extracted on the desktop at the beginning

9.png

Select the version of the driver according to your Windows 10 version – x64 for 64 bit and x86 for 32 bit and click Open button

10.png

Click the OK button to load the driver

11.png

From the list of drivers select MTK USB Port and click on Next button

12.png

If a red warning window will open, click on Install this driver software anyway

This action will add the following drivers in to the operating system:

- MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port
    - MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port – for transferring the firmware to your device
    - MTK USB DEBUG Port
    - MTK USB Modem Port
    - MTK USB port – for transfering PreLoader to your device (and recovery in case of bad or corrupt firmware)

Now we need to remove the device that we have installed but leave the drivers in the operating system.
    To do that, in the Device Manager window we expand Ports (COM & LPT) section

13.png

Right-click and click Uninstall on the MTK USB Port

14.png

- In the Confirm Device Uninstall window make sure that the box Delete the driver software for this device is empty
    - You need to leave the drivers in the operating system and only remove the device that you added
    - Click on the OK button to finalise

Now, when you will connect your turned off MTK device to the Windows 10 computer by USB, the device will be recognized either trough a MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port interface or as a MTK USB port if it is bricked or it has bad/corrupt firmware. The SP Flash Tool will be able to transfer the firmware to your device trough this interfaces. Make sure you connect the device after you press the Download button in SP Flash Tool, as the communication interface will only be alive for 2 seconds if no data is being sent.

Download SP Flash Tool v3 & v5 – Latest versions:
    http://laurentiumihet.ro/technology/download-sp-flash-tool-v3-v5-latest-versions/

TUT found here : http://laurentiumihet.ro/technology...-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/

cheers​
    I use Windows 10 64 bits
    What should I do when "Eror code 10: device can't start" popped up? Thanx.
    all steps done still not detecting my phone :(
    pls help...
    Normal. Klick download in flash tools then connect the phone while holding vol+

Gesendet von meinem P9000 mit Tapatalk