• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Windows 11 Android 12 Flash Issue

Search This thread

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any luck using flash.android.com on Windows 11 to install Android 12? I have gone through trying to install drivers, reinstall drivers, different browsers, I made sure oem unlock and usb debugging are enabled. I get into fastboot but then the browser prompts me to reselect my device and it never displays. I also tried using the command line and end up with a waiting for device prompt that never goes away.

Any help would be appreciated, my current thought is this is an issue with windows 11.

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any luck using flash.android.com on Windows 11 to install Android 12? I have gone through trying to install drivers, reinstall drivers, different browsers, I made sure oem unlock and usb debugging are enabled. I get into fastboot but then the browser prompts me to reselect my device and it never displays. I also tried using the command line and end up with a waiting for device prompt that never goes away.

Any help would be appreciated, my current thought is this is an issue with windows 11.
What browser are you using? Do not use Firefox or Edge; I strongly recommend Chrome.

Did you install the proper USB drivers for your device? Don't forget you need the Google USB Driver to be able to connect to ADB.

I have no issues using the Android Flash Tool with Google Chrome Beta on Windows 10 Enterprise.

magestic1995

Jun 18, 2011
What browser are you using? Do not use Firefox or Edge; I strongly recommend Chrome.

Did you install the proper USB drivers for your device? Don't forget you need the Google USB Driver to be able to connect to ADB.

I have no issues using the Android Flash Tool with Google Chrome Beta on Windows 10 Enterprise.
So I used chrome but got nothing, I tried Edge and at least got to the bootloader. I have the Google USB Driver, but figure that's all I need since Pixels aren't on that list of USB Drivers. I am assuming this is an issue caused by windows 11.