• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Windows 11 Insiders Preview (Beta) Now Available

Search This thread

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Google Pixel 5a
Windows 11 is now available on the Insiders Beta channel. I've already downloaded it via the Dev channel and to be honest, that version seems pretty stable. I've had less issues on Windows 11 Dev than I did on Windows 10 21H1. Sure there are some things that need improvement, but overall it is working really well.
Thanks for the heads up and where to look...I'm fortunate my desktop passed the hardware test to be compatible with Windows 11. I'm on the latest beta preview (insiders) build...guess I'm too chicken-**** to go with the insiders developers program, at least for now. 🤔

Last edited:

gernerttl

To my knowledge, there is no link. You must go through Windows Update and get it via the Insider Channels. There are three levels, Dev, Beta, and Release Preview. If will tell you whether or not your system meets Microsoft's Windows 11 minimum requirements.

1627924599366.png

Reactions: sd_shadow

gernerttl

I'm having no major stability issues. In fact, I'm having less issues than I had with Windows 10. I kept getting a green screen on Windows 10. An update didn't install correctly and borked up my desktop. Since upgrading to Windows 11 Dev, I've since moved to Beta, I have had hardly any serious stability issues.

There are a few things that I hope Microsoft brings back, like moving the taskbar to another part of the screen though.

I'm currently running it on a Surface Pro 6 and a Dell Inspiron 3670.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows 11 is now available on the Insiders Beta channel. I've already downloaded it via the Dev channel and to be honest, that version seems pretty stable. I've had less issues on Windows 11 Dev than I did on Windows 10 21H1. Sure there are some things that need improvement, but overall it is working really well.
    To my knowledge, there is no link. You must go through Windows Update and get it via the Insider Channels. There are three levels, Dev, Beta, and Release Preview. If will tell you whether or not your system meets Microsoft's Windows 11 minimum requirements.

1627924599366.png
    Agreed, Windows 11 build so far is pretty stable compared to previous releases.