Windows 11 Insiders Preview (Beta) Now Available

Search This thread

evnStevn

Feb 21, 2015
Inverness
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Windows 11 is now available on the Insiders Beta channel. I've already downloaded it via the Dev channel and to be honest, that version seems pretty stable. I've had less issues on Windows 11 Dev than I did on Windows 10 21H1. Sure there are some things that need improvement, but overall it is working really well.
Thanks for the heads up and where to look...I'm fortunate my desktop passed the hardware test to be compatible with Windows 11. I'm on the latest beta preview (insiders) build...guess I'm too chicken-**** to go with the insiders developers program, at least for now. 🤔

Last edited:
To my knowledge, there is no link. You must go through Windows Update and get it via the Insider Channels. There are three levels, Dev, Beta, and Release Preview. If will tell you whether or not your system meets Microsoft's Windows 11 minimum requirements.

1627924599366.png

Reactions: sd_shadow
I'm having no major stability issues. In fact, I'm having less issues than I had with Windows 10. I kept getting a green screen on Windows 10. An update didn't install correctly and borked up my desktop. Since upgrading to Windows 11 Dev, I've since moved to Beta, I have had hardly any serious stability issues.

There are a few things that I hope Microsoft brings back, like moving the taskbar to another part of the screen though.

I'm currently running it on a Surface Pro 6 and a Dell Inspiron 3670.

StefanBuljic

Nov 29, 2016
Subotica
I still can't believe it won't support zen 1 processors...
Anyway, considering it's still in the dev channel, gosh, that is stable

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
To my knowledge, there is no link. You must go through Windows Update and get it via the Insider Channels. There are three levels, Dev, Beta, and Release Preview. If will tell you whether or not your system meets Microsoft's Windows 11 minimum requirements.

View attachment 5376403
I got Windows 11 when they were testing it in windows insider, even though my PC isn't eligible, they ended it and I can't and won't continue getting Latest windows 11 updates, oh I can't even leave Windows Insider without doing a clean install, so my question is how can I get on the latest Windows 11 update without the need of doing a clean install?
After seeing whole lots of forums and now knowing my i7-6700 was an unsupported CPU and I was never going to get win 11, I still signed up to the windows insider program.
Even then, I tried to install the beta from the insider program to install it and same CPU notification and installation blocked. That was about 4pm. Later in the evening about 4 hours l8r I did my usual check for updates on my win 10 and it started to DL a few 10 updates then all of a sudden said windows 11 upgrade is available, download? So I did and it installed without any hassle and really quickly as well. 30min maybe and then did a few minor subsequent updates to 11 such as security after. Compared to over an hour to do a recovery install (without deleting files option from boot media) of 10 when you're having issues. A few hours almost to install 10 if you're doing a complete wipe and install.
I wanted to ask is that how you get your win 11 or similar process? I only signed up to the windows insider program several hours earlier which had still said no install to my CPU and all of a suddenly a fully operational and what appears to be non-buggy version became available and installed itself on my unsupported CPU PC. Now I will add, of ALL the criteria the unsupported CPU was the only factor not met when I tried to install b4. So really I'm just a bit confused how it became available, seems to be operating just fine, contrary to all advice and even discussions just hours earlier by MS moderators on official MS website saying it will never install on unsupported CPU just like that.

After seeing whole lots of forums and now knowing my i7-6700 was an unsupported CPU and I was never going to get win 11, I still signed up to the windows insider program.
Even then, I tried to install the beta from the insider program to install it and same CPU notification and installation blocked. That was about 4pm. Later in the evening about 4 hours l8r I did my usual check for updates on my win 10 and it started to DL a few 10 updates then all of a sudden said windows 11 upgrade is available, download? So I did and it installed without any hassle and really quickly as well. 30min maybe and then did a few minor subsequent updates to 11 such as security after. Compared to over an hour to do a recovery install (without deleting files option from boot media) of 10 when you're having issues. A few hours almost to install 10 if you're doing a complete wipe and install.
I wanted to ask is that how you get your win 11 or similar process? I only signed up to the windows insider program several hours earlier which had still said no install to my CPU and all of a suddenly a fully operational and what appears to be non-buggy version became available and installed itself on my unsupported CPU PC. Now I will add, of ALL the criteria the unsupported CPU was the only factor not met when I tried to install b4. So really I'm just a bit confused how it became available, seems to be operating just fine, contrary to all advice and even discussions just hours earlier by MS moderators on official MS website saying it will never install on unsupported CPU just like that.
Like I said, I downloaded it and installed it via Windows Insider. I have the dev version running on my Dell desktop and the beta version on my Surface Pro 6. The only other way I know of, outside of Windows Insider, is to download the ISO and do a clean install.

If you got it via Windows Insider, then your CPU met the minimum requirements, or, for some reason, it ignored it.

I've read a few articles on how you can bypass the hardware check and get the official version AND still receive updates.

Here is one: https://hothardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-11-installing-unsupported-hardware

It takes a registry hack though.

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
Like I said, I downloaded it and installed it via Windows Insider. I have the dev version running on my Dell desktop and the beta version on my Surface Pro 6. The only other way I know of, outside of Windows Insider, is to download the ISO and do a clean install.

If you got it via Windows Insider, then your CPU met the minimum requirements, or, for some reason, it ignored it.

I've read a few articles on how you can bypass the hardware check and get the official version AND still receive updates.

Here is one: https://hothardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-11-installing-unsupported-hardware

It takes a registry hack though.
Yeah well up to that point, or rather every single attempt to install it has been blocked with the unsupported CPU message. In fact even after I'd signed up to insider and I tried installing directly from Windows insider it was blocked with the same error.
I don't know if I received it via windows insider either, all I can say is until I signed up I never saw anything and was surprised when the upgrade came thru the std update check and then several further updates followed over the next 2 hours after installation.
I definitely didn't do the registry hack either which would have required manual installation anyway

Yeah well up to that point, or rather every single attempt to install it has been blocked with the unsupported CPU message. In fact even after I'd signed up to insider and I tried installing directly from Windows insider it was blocked with the same error.
I don't know if I received it via windows insider either, all I can say is until I signed up I never saw anything and was surprised when the upgrade came thru the std update check and then several further updates followed over the next 2 hours after installation.
I definitely didn't do the registry hack either which would have required manual installation anyway
How can you not know if you received it via Windows Insider? To my knowledge, there are only three ways to get a legitimate copy of Windows 11 to install on your system: a) Download and install from the official Windows 11 ISO, b) Windows Insider program, or c) Wait for the official release. In any case, you have to actively do something to install Windows 11. It didn't install by itself without your interaction or approval.

Since you said that you signed up for the Windows Insider program and you got a CPU error and you didn't do the registry hack; and it still installed means that the Insider program either: a) Ignored the error (unlikely), or b): It is an erroneous error and it allowed the install.

MadR4sta

Nov 14, 2010
Auckland
How can you not know if you received it via Windows Insider? To my knowledge, there are only three ways to get a legitimate copy of Windows 11 to install on your system: a) Download and install from the official Windows 11 ISO, b) Windows Insider program, or c) Wait for the official release. In any case, you have to actively do something to install Windows 11. It didn't install by itself without your interaction or approval.

Since you said that you signed up for the Windows Insider program and you got a CPU error and you didn't do the registry hack; and it still installed means that the Insider program either: a) Ignored the error (unlikely), or b): It is an erroneous error and it allowed the install.
Yeah yeah, of course I installed it myself.
What I meant was, how was it even offered after failing on the insider program website; and as a std upgrade via the "check for updates" function as well.
Even this morning it was picking up more updates for 11 as well.

Yeah yeah, of course I installed it myself.
What I meant was, how was it even offered after failing on the insider program website; and as a std upgrade via the "check for updates" function as well.
Even this morning it was picking up more updates for 11 as well.
Check your BIOS to determine the CPU version. Windows queries the BIOS for hardware information.

Yup already did, I already know exactly my hardware rig and etc. Tho I found 11 killed my sound, wasn't even showing up in device manager to do anything about it. So rolled back to 10 anyway. 😉
This just in. Microsoft replaced my wife's Surface Laptop (1st Gen) because of a swollen battery. The replacement came with Windows 10. Microsoft said that I wasn't able to run Windows 11 because of the CPU (everything else was good).

I wiped it and did a clean install of Windows 10. I then enrolled it in the Insider Program (Release Preview Channel). After I did that, it allowed me to upgrade to Windows 11.

Windows 11 is running fine on a Surface Laptop (1st Gen) with i5 CPU, 4GB Ram, and 128GB SSD. No stuttering, nice and smooth.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Windows 11 is now available on the Insiders Beta channel. I've already downloaded it via the Dev channel and to be honest, that version seems pretty stable. I've had less issues on Windows 11 Dev than I did on Windows 10 21H1. Sure there are some things that need improvement, but overall it is working really well.

1627924599366.png
    Agreed, Windows 11 build so far is pretty stable compared to previous releases.