• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Windows 11 not seen Pixel 3XL?

Search This thread

ptmuldoon

Jul 12, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I do not think this is phone specific, but I am working with an older Pixel 3XL (running stock 11)

I upgraded my home Laptop, an HP Envy to the latest Windows 11 Beta. And after doing so, my phone is no longer recognized 'properly'.

When I plug it in, if I switch the USB settings to PTP, windows will recognize it and show the camera.

But if I switch it to File Transfer, Windows does see anything? I can hear the Windows beep/sound that it switched over, but nothing shows up.

I have attempted to update and reinstall the google usb drivers, but no change. And I also noted that the Windows 11 machine seems to show 'waiting for device' with fastboot commands as well.

Has anyone else has a similar experience?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Essential Phone
I do not think this is phone specific, but I am working with an older Pixel 3XL (running stock 11)

I upgraded my home Laptop, an HP Envy to the latest Windows 11 Beta. And after doing so, my phone is no longer recognized 'properly'.

When I plug it in, if I switch the USB settings to PTP, windows will recognize it and show the camera.

But if I switch it to File Transfer, Windows does see anything? I can hear the Windows beep/sound that it switched over, but nothing shows up.

I have attempted to update and reinstall the google usb drivers, but no change. And I also noted that the Windows 11 machine seems to show 'waiting for device' with fastboot commands as well.

I've not had any issues like that with Windows 11.
I've connected several different android devices, not the Pixel 3 though.
Open device manager and see how it's listed.

therichwoods

May 10, 2021

Have you tried installing Google's USB driver?