• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Windows 11 on windows yogabook

Search This thread

nevvjeff

Sep 21, 2007
Does anyone here have made the update to windows 11 on a windows yogabook ?
I've try this and with help of MediaCreationTool.bat i was able to overpass the processor compatibility.
It donwload the update, run all the install but at the end of this process i Come with an error and the update process colse to delete all this work, coming with just a windows 10 after all.
When the update finish i have 2 type of error
attempted write to readonly memory
Or
Error in safe_os with an error on Boot operator

Don't know why i have this error and how to fix it.
I try on a fresh install with my old files and already try to à New clean install, but all this try i already have an error....

Does anybody here have this error and can clear it to made the update or run the windows 11 update without problems on a yogabook ?

Last edited:

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
Nope, I was not facing any issues with the Install. (sorry, don't ask for a guide as there already are hundreds of it. Google it)

Furthermore, I am already testing WSA and it's surprisingly working fluid. You obviously get the 4GB warning but once WSA is fully loaded it's "bingo". (check OneDrive & Adobe Draw running side by side). I had 5 Apps running at the same time but the process usage in the Taskmanager was not freaking out (if you compare it to Bluestacks etc) !

And yes, pen works perfectly in the Android Apps...

Screenshot 2021-10-21 175415.png

nevvjeff

Sep 21, 2007
Thanks for your answer, my problem is not how to made the w11 update, cause i already install it on another pc, but why i have this error, i already try three time to install it and already have the Same error (First time i try to give my files and i have this error, thinking this can be the problem i made the Same process but with a clean install, same result and last time i totally reinstall my yogabook with a clean install and try to launch w11 update on it (with MediaCreationTool.bat each time) and i have the Same result)
Each time the donwload process go to the end and the install work fine (i have no reboot du ring all the update) but when i came to the final (and First) boot of w11 i have this error on a Black screen (old blue screen of windows) and the pc uninstall the update and come back to w10.....

nevvjeff

Sep 21, 2007
No idea where and why you struggle... to test the WSA I just downloaded the latest Insider Beta... The Device Manager detected everything, absolutely everything except the Multimode Halo Keyboard obviously...

Insider Beta ISO

Halo Keyboard

View attachment 5438663
Just try with the insider Iso, but i always have the Same error....
Can't complete the installation....
IMG_20211021_225724.jpg
IMG_20211021_225808.jpg

nevvjeff

Sep 21, 2007
The error is in the message... you are trying to install Win11 on a MBR Partition. Win11 needs an UEFI GPT Partition... Google for it on how to convert it. Microsoft has even an own tool for it https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt

View attachment 5438917
I'm already on GPT Partition, but i'm not on UEFI, only on EFI... Can I make an update of this parameter ?
PXL_20211023_121005836_copy-01.jpeg
I made the bios update find on lenovo support site whitch is specified to be BIOS/UEFI
When i check thé TPM compatibility on the pc the statut is OK and version is 2.0....
When i' m on bios i can't enable secure boot statut...
PXL_20211023_124708446.jpg

Last edited:

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
I have no idea. It worked perfectly from scratch on my Yogabook. I assume you updated the Bios from here

Although you mention:
Each time the donwload process go to the end and the install work fine (i have no reboot du ring all the update) but when i came to the final (and First) boot of w11 i have this error on a Black screen (old blue screen of windows) and the pc uninstall the update and come back to w10.....
Did you try to start in safe mode and run "mdsched.exe" ? (Usually pressing F8 right after the lenovo bios logo appears, but you will probably need and external usb keyboard for this)

Reactions: nevvjeff

nevvjeff

Sep 21, 2007
@jamespmi
Thanks for your time and your help.
For the BIOS update Yes it directly come from the lenovo site (the only update aviable so i can't make mistake).
I just try to make a full run of mdsched.exe in safe mode (really hard to keep a usb keyboard cause my 2 wireless keyboard wasn't reconnised in safe mode) and no error after the check...
I really don't understand what can block the W11 update on my yogabook.
Also try to install with desableing all non essentiel app and service at startup..... No more result.....
The only option i do not try is to make the update in safe mode (don't know if it's possible...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have no idea. It worked perfectly from scratch on my Yogabook. I assume you updated the Bios from here

Although you mention:
    Did you try to start in safe mode and run "mdsched.exe" ? (Usually pressing F8 right after the lenovo bios logo appears, but you will probably need and external usb keyboard for this)