• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Windows 11

Search This thread

MareAlta

Mar 31, 2013
I'm feelling ready to brick an RT Surface (1st Gen), to test Windows11. I don't know what is going to happen. But, who knows...?
And in my hands, have a Surface Pro 1st Gen wich, i think is an I5 Processor, 64-bit. At this equipment, i'm trying to restore/fix boot record. I've allready entered in recovery mode. But forgot to fix this problem, and now i need again to enter in recovery mode. But it allways enter in bios setup!

frylockk19

Jul 4, 2020
I'm feelling ready to brick an RT Surface (1st Gen), to test Windows11. I don't know what is going to happen. But, who knows...?
And in my hands, have a Surface Pro 1st Gen wich, i think is an I5 Processor, 64-bit. At this equipment, i'm trying to restore/fix boot record. I've allready entered in recovery mode. But forgot to fix this problem, and now i need again to enter in recovery mode. But it allways enter in bios setup!
The RT just won't boot to Windows, only issue it'll have as there is for sure no 32bit or ARM32/Aarch32 builds, only WinPE is 32bit (you could recover it). As for your Pro 1st gen, it'll be fine. Just be sure to bypass the TPM 2.0 thing.

Reactions: MareAlta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I saw on a website someone has installed the Windows 11 on a Smartphone.
    Think you is it possible to do it on the Surface RT ? It's the same architecture ARM.
    So far there is no ARM32 builds of Win11, so no. Not yet, anyways. The smartphone had to have been ARM64/Aarch64, the Surfaces are ARM32.
    Okey I understand now :)
    Thanks for your help !

Who knows, maybe one day !
    No problem! Maybe it will be possible one day, only the future will be able to tell us.
    The RT just won't boot to Windows, only issue it'll have as there is for sure no 32bit or ARM32/Aarch32 builds, only WinPE is 32bit (you could recover it). As for your Pro 1st gen, it'll be fine. Just be sure to bypass the TPM 2.0 thing.
    Windows is some of the worst OS ever.