Windows 8.1 can't find MTP Driver

Search This thread

Nydoria

Dec 19, 2007
So now that I upgraded to 8.1, my SGS4 no longer connects to the computer. Under Device Manager I can see the MTP listed with an exclamation mark. The error is:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

The install class is not present or is invalid.

I installed the Samsung USB drivers from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2038555 but that did not help :(

Same here. Either Gnex or Asus N7 both not working as USB mass Storage devices. Tryed alot of drivers.

babaloo1969

Oct 26, 2013
Drivers

Where you able to fix the problem? I upgraded to windows 8.1 and now my Ipad won't connect because of thei MTP driver, there is a conflict.:(

So now that I upgraded to 8.1, my SGS4 no longer connects to the computer. Under Device Manager I can see the MTP listed with an exclamation mark. The error is:

I installed the Samsung USB drivers from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2038555 but that did not help :(

willdmo

Nov 4, 2013
same problem here, but with a solution

Hi there,
Im using my sgs2 with the newest rc cyanogenmod and did an uptade after swithcing to cyanogenmod to win8.1 on my notebook. I was not longer able to reach the content of my phone and had no signs of my phone in my windows explorer.
somewhere I found the advice to install windows media player feature pack for win 8.1
now it works again :laugh:

Maybe it helps someone else too.

Urik_Kane

Nov 5, 2013
Hi there,
Im using my sgs2 with the newest rc cyanogenmod and did an uptade after swithcing to cyanogenmod to win8.1 on my notebook. I was not longer able to reach the content of my phone and had no signs of my phone in my windows explorer.
somewhere I found the advice to install windows media player feature pack for win 8.1

Well it sure helped me. Thanks willdmo!:good:
Just today I installed Windows 8.1 N pro x64, the "N" versions means it excludes windows media player (I never use that **** anyway).
It's quite ironical that I ended up installing it anyway... damn you microsoft.
The update is called "Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1" < if you search that you'll find the download page, I don't have privilege to post links here.

My problem was just as everyone else's here - my Motorola Razr M XT907 did show up as unrecognized MTP in device manager.
After applying that "pack" and rebooting, it works normally.

Last edited:

Nydoria

Dec 19, 2007
Just today I installed Windows 8.1 N pro x64, the "N" versions means it excludes windows media player (I never use that **** anyway).
The update is called "Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1" < if you search that you'll find the download page, I don't have privilege to post links here.

My problem was just as everyone else's here - my Motorola Razr M XT907 did show up as unrecognized MTP in device manager.

Thank you. This Worked.

F*** Microsoft.

nandroide

Nov 12, 2010
Just learned that after installing windows 8.1 and kit Kat.. It will not recognize my phone... I have everything setup properly. Do not manually install
The drivers... It caused my phone to wipe every time I powered off. Which meant having to re flash all over again... Reflashed stock. I'm not sure. But maybe with kit Kat you need nexus 5 drivers...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
MTP isn't working for me either... I'm running Windows 8.1 with Media Center, so I can't install the "Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1" :(
Any other ideas how to fix it? :confused:

lau.b

Feb 21, 2010
MTP isn't working for me either... I'm running Windows 8.1 with Media Center, so I can't install the "Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 8.1" :(

+1.
I tried latest Samsung usb drivers from XDA post. It doesn't work (erratic bebavior mounting/unmounting drive repeatedely)

Edit: Finally I succeeded in mounting internal SD to PC on windows 8.1. Just to share my own experience:
- I installed Samsung USB drivers v1.5.15.0. (not sure it is very important to get this version rather than the last one 1.5.29.0) and rebooted
- And I changed my data cable (for the same model, but appeared to work better)
- when I plug the 'good' cable it opens immediately the SD card in explorer
- when I replace cable with former one, back to errativ behavior.

Last edited:

mila.ozzy72

Mar 8, 2012

Problem vyřešen zde je odkaz http://www.microsoft.com/cs-cz/download/confirmation.aspx?id=40744

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
I solved my problem by flashing the latest german 4.3 rom :) now it works like a charm.
I also had blocked some some unnecessary system apps, which was considered safe to disable - using BootManager http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432359
And also some apps samsung apps were greenified ;)
After I had all the system apps re-authorized, and had updated to 4.3, it went smoothly.

I hope this can help someone who just forgot to re-enable some "important" apps ;)

jack0662

Mar 5, 2013
I am using LG Gpro, after i upgraded my pc to Window 8.1, i got problem with MTP service, is it install "windows media feature pack'" can solve this problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    same problem here, but with a solution

Hi there,

Hi there,

F you microsoft.

Try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35854664&postcount=7

Worked for me when all failed. Hope that helps!