[ Windows / Linux / Mac ][DONATE] SuperR's Kitchen (v3.2.2.2 - 10-13-2021)

Search This thread

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything bad that may occur from the use of this kitchen, but I will take all the credit you can give me if it works for you :D

main_donate_linux.png

main_windows1.png

Please read the troubleshooting in post #4 of the standard kitchen thread before asking for help.
Please indicate your OS when asking for help.
Please send a fast link to your firmware that does not require registration when asking for help.

Donate Release Thread
Donate Changelog

Donate version Info
See terms and conditions below.

Terms and Conditions for SuperR's Kitchen Donate version:

Allowed:
  • An active kitchen account grants usage privileges of the donate kitchen and the sr-code.com website.
  • One kitchen account provides kitchen access to one user, on one operating system, on one personal computer.

Not allowed:
  • Sharing your kitchen account and/or privileges.
  • Transfer and/or resale of your kitchen account.
  • Suspicious activity.

Definition:
Suspicious activity - Decided exclusively by SuperR at the time of an incident.

Resolution:
If anything from the not allowed list occurs, your kitchen account will be disabled.

See this post for more details on the Single PC license.

Donation Options:
No longer accepting donations or new users.

EXISTING DONORS: GitLab is no longer used. See this post if you previously had GitLab access and are unable to download/update/install.

NOTE: The Plugin Repo is included in the Donate kitchen. If you wish to see a description of the available plugins, they can be found here.

Dependencies:

WINDOWS:
LINUX/MAC:
  • Java 8 or higher
  • Python (to run the launcher (could be bypassed by running tools/source/superr in the terminal from the main kitchen directory))

Download/Install/Run:

Free version:

WSL2 (Windows 10):

Linux/Mac (Terminal):
  1. Download the kitchen.zip from the download page sent through PM. Extract to a new directory.
  2. Enter the following command where "/location/of/kitchen" is the directory where the kitchen lives:
    Code:
    /location/of/kitchen/superr

Windows:

NOTE: The native Windows version has reached end of life. Consider running the Linux kitchen in WSL2 using the guide above.​
  1. Download the kitchen.zip from the download page sent through PM. Extract to a new directory.
  2. Make sure Java listed above is installed and in your system environment PATH (Check Google for the many guides on this if you need help)
  3. Double click superr.exe in newly extracted kitchen directory.

NOTE: After you start the kitchen, it will ask you for your Kitchen username and password. Make sure you enter it correctly or it will not work. Thanks for the donation, enjoy :)

Known Issues/Limitations:
Does not unpack/repack f2fs file systems.

Linux:
  • None
WSL2:
  • None
WSL1:
  • Crashes with xattr not defined error when unpacking some img files due to a bug in the Python ext4 module.
Mac:
  • Does not use e2fsdroid for building img files as I am not able to compile it for Mac so far.
Windows:
  • No longer being updated. v3.2.1.3 is the last version. The Linux kitchen runs perfectly in WSL.
  • Does not use e2fsdroid for building img files as I am not able to compile it for Windows.
  • Crashes with xattr not defined error when unpacking some img files due to a bug in the Python ext4 module.
  • If you run Windows as administrator and have issues with the Boot Menu, please see this post.
  • If superr.exe gets removed by your antivirus program, whitelist the kitchen directory in your antivirus program.
  • If the kitchen can't find an internet connection, try whitelisting sr-code.com in your antivirus browsing security. If it still does not find a connection, try using a VPN.
  • The colors are not perfect due to Windows not supporting ASCII escape codes by default. If you want it to look more like Linux, you can run the Linux version in WSL (formerly known as "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows").

Video tutorials by @chevycam94

Credits:

@osm0sis - For Busybox Installer and Android Image Kitchen
@Chainfire - For SuperSU
@JesusFreke - For [Bak]smali
@nkk71 - For TWRP minzip patch, and make_ext4fs improvements
@Captain_Throwback - For providing a pre-compiled update-binary with the minzip patch and squashing bugs
@cubinator - For Python ext4 module
@_riddle - For oat2dex
@iBotPeaches - For Apktool
@AOSP - For zipalign, aapt, adb, img2simg, simg2img, make_ext4fs
@xpirt - for img2sdat & sdat2img
@yoanf_26 - For French translation
@anestisb - For vdexExtractor
@iuss - For payload_dumper.py

Contributors
SuperR.

Version Information
Beta

Created 2018-11-16

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 21,584
  • 3.png
    3.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 21,047
  • 4.png
    4.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 19,632
  • 1.png
    1.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 21,495
  • 5.png
    5.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 19,206
  • 6.png
    6.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 18,729
  • 7.png
    7.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 18,073
  • 8.png
    8.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 17,459
  • 9.png
    9.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 16,870
  • 12.png
    12.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 14,830
  • 11.png
    11.png
    24 KB · Views: 15,704
  • 10.png
    10.png
    27 KB · Views: 16,197
  • 13.png
    13.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 14,234
  • 14.png
    14.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 14,061
  • 15.png
    15.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 14,338
Last edited:

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
USAGE:

1. Run the kitchen (instructions in OP)
  2. Create new project using the menu
  3. Copy ROM zip into the superr_NAME directory of this tool (NAME = the name of your new project).
    OR
    Copy system.ext4.tar and boot.img into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
    OR
    Copy system.ext4.win and boot.emmc.win into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
    OR
    Copy system.img and boot.img into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
    OR
    Copy official Nexus tgz into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
    OR
    Copy Samsung firmware zip into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
    OR
    Copy Moto firmware zip into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
    OR
    Leave superr_NAME directory empty to extract from rooted device or custom recovery
  4. Extract for new ROM from the Main menu.
  5. Enjoy!

Last edited:

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
Features:

*Extract and create ROM from:
  • Rooted Device
  • Custom Recovery
  • Existing ROM zip
  • system.img/boot.img (and cache.img on Samsung devices)
  • system.ext4.tar/boot.img
  • system.ext4.win/boot.emmc.win (including multi-file .win000, .win001, etc)
  • Moto and other factory firmware zips containing sparsechunk files
  • cm12 + roms with sparse dat files
  • Zips that contain system.img and boot.img
  • Zips that contain payload.bin
  • Samsung firmware zips that contain tar.md5 file
  • Official Nexus/Pixel firmware tgz/zip
  • Official Nexus/Pixel preview tgz/zip
  • system directory that contains symlinks and boot.img
*Create flashable zips of many varieties including:
  • Full ROM
  • Switch between set_perm, set_metadata (KitKat+), raw_img, and sparse_dat (Lollipop+)
  • Kernel (including init.d if you added it with the kitchen)
  • Recovery
  • Media
  • app, priv-app, and framework
*Deodex the following:
  • Android 10 ROMs
  • Pie ROMs
  • Oreo ROMs
  • Nougat ROMs
  • Marshmallow ROMs
  • Lollipop ROMs
  • KitKat and earlier ROMs
*Root features:
  • Root/unroot
  • Choose Magisk
  • Choose SuperSU
  • Add other root zips to /tools/root/root_zips directory
  • Choose system OR systemless root for M+ and Samsung 5.1.1 roms
  • Add/remove su.d support
*Boot features:
  • Unpack/repack boot/recovery img (Big Thanks to @osm0sis for Android Image Kitchen!!!)
  • Add/remove insecure boot
  • Remove dm-verity
  • Add/remove forceencrypt
*By-name auto-detection from:
  • Device
  • Existing ROM
  • boot.img
  • kernel.elf
  • **OR**...manually enter it
*mmcblk auto-detection from:
  • recovery.img
*Kitchen updater:
  • View the last 3 changelogs when an update is available.
  • Update to the latest version
  • Option to check for updates when the kitchen starts
*Pack/Unpack super.img
*Create system.img
*Device database for mmcblk devices (currently very small, but will grow over time)
*Add devices to the assert
*Add custom asserts
*Zipalign apks
*Debloat ROM
*Custom Debloat list support
*Remove Knox
*Add/remove busybox (Big thanks to @osm0sis for his Busybox Installer)
*Add/remove user app support (/data/app)
*Sign zips
*Cross-platform: Windows and Linux are fully supported
*Does not say Built with SuperR's Kitchen in the updater-script
*Does not replace ro.build.display.id with Built.with.SuperRs.Kitchen
*Allows you to create a custom entry in the updater-script below the ROM name
*Removes all the Place holders (#ASSERT, #SYM, #PERM, etc) from the updater-script before zipping.
*Custom ro.build.display.id
*Option to convert updater-script to update-binary for all rom zips EXCEPT sparse_dat.
*Add custom directory to be included in and flashed with rom zip to location of your choice.
*Ability to choose an apk, decompile, modify it manually, recompile, sign, and move it back to where it came from.
*Plugin support - Add your own script to the /kitchen/tools/plugins directory and the kitchen will run it for you.
*AutoROM - Unattended ROM development using a config file.

Last edited:

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
@SuperR.
I've been enjoying your free version greatly. It suites my needs just enough. But I still wanted to contribute to get the Pro version, just to Help Donate to you. The many lines of script you wrote are AMAZING!!! THANK YOU for your amazing work!!! :good:

Heres my GitLab username: aaron74xda

Reactions: SuperR.

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the info. This project is still Beta as marked in the OP. Once we figure out how to solve all the small issues I will update the documentation and the kitchen to try and help everything along as much as possible.

Running as admin in windows brings up another point I forgot about. Apparently Windows can only create symlinks as admin, so if you need to create a system.img you will need to run as admin.

You could try creating a batch script that self escalates, and calls "python superr" as Admin. I'm not great with Python by any means. I have a bit more experience with batch.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Is there no log file anywhere for errors? Tried to extract a 7.1.2 ROM, and it says there was a problem, but no info or anything.

chevycam94

May 2, 2010
West Mifflin, PA
www.youtube.com
@SuperR. Do you provide a Free version soon? Does we have to pay another $10 if we using version 2?

I believe he wants to hold off on a "free" release until more issues have been resolved. That leave those that paid for it with access (limited number of people) to help test it. Also sounds like it leaves those with a slightly more vested interest in it to help with input, as they paid for it, and therefore use it more than those that typically just have the free version.

At least in my case, the $10 I put up is all I needed. No additional money is (currently) required.

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
You could try creating a batch script that self escalates, and calls "python superr" as Admin. I'm not great with Python by any means. I have a bit more experience with batch.
I don't know anything about batch scripts. If you want to write it to help out, I am sure some people would find it useful. I don't even know how to start cmd.exe as admin without right clicking lol

Is there no log file anywhere for errors? Tried to extract a 7.1.2 ROM, and it says there was a problem, but no info or anything.
There is currently very limited logging. It is something that I would like to improve on for sure. Please send firmware as requested in the OP and I will have a look.

edit: I just downloaded and extracted the latest bullhead 7.1.2 release on Windows and Linux with no issues.
edit2: Just added the pip commands to the install instructions in the OP :)

@SuperR. Do you provide a Free version soon? Does we have to pay another $10 if we using version 2?
There is already a free version of the kitchen https://xdaforums.com/apps/superr-kitchen/kitchen-superr-s-kitchen-v1-1-50-v2-1-6-t3597434

There is no plan for a free Python version. The free version is Bash and the donate version is Python. Eventually, support for the Bash donate version will end. All donors have already been added to the Python repo. There is no need to donate again for access unless you want to :)

Last edited:

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
I got this Error message when i want start the Kitchen and psutil is installed. I'm on ubuntu 14.04 :confused:
I dont think basic psutils is enough
Might be overkill, but enter this in your terminal
Code:
sudo apt-get install psutils && sudo apt-get install python-psutil && sudo apt-get install python3-psutil && sudo apt-get install python3.5
I had the same error on Linux Mint 18 Sarah, but the kitchen fired straight up for me after I entered the command and received the updates.

migascalp

Aug 31, 2006
Créteil
Hello,
All donors have already been added to the Python repo. There is no need to donate again for access unless you want to :)
I have a small problem:
Code:
azerty@azerty-virtual-machine:~/Documents$ git clone https://gitlab.com/superr/superrs-kitchen3.git
Clonage dans 'superrs-kitchen3'...
Username for 'https://gitlab.com': migascalp
Password for 'https://migascalp@gitlab.com': 
remote: Not Found
fatal: repository 'https://gitlab.com/superr/superrs-kitchen3.git/' not found
azerty@azerty-virtual-machine:~/Documents$

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything bad that may occur from the use of this kitchen, but I will take all the credit you can give me if it works for you :D

main_donate_linux.png

main_windows1.png

Please read the troubleshooting in post #4 of the standard kitchen thread before asking for help.
    Please indicate your OS when asking for help.
    Please send a fast link to your firmware that does not require registration when asking for help.

Donate Release Thread
    Donate Changelog

Donate version Info
    See terms and conditions below.

Terms and Conditions for SuperR's Kitchen Donate version:

Allowed:
    • An active kitchen account grants usage privileges of the donate kitchen and the sr-code.com website.
    • One kitchen account provides kitchen access to one user, on one operating system, on one personal computer.

Not allowed:
    • Sharing your kitchen account and/or privileges.
    • Transfer and/or resale of your kitchen account.
    • Suspicious activity.

Definition:
    Suspicious activity - Decided exclusively by SuperR at the time of an incident.

Resolution:
    If anything from the not allowed list occurs, your kitchen account will be disabled.

See this post for more details on the Single PC license.

Donation Options:
    No longer accepting donations or new users.

EXISTING DONORS: GitLab is no longer used. See this post if you previously had GitLab access and are unable to download/update/install.

NOTE: The Plugin Repo is included in the Donate kitchen. If you wish to see a description of the available plugins, they can be found here.

Dependencies:

WINDOWS:
    LINUX/MAC:
    • Java 8 or higher
    • Python (to run the launcher (could be bypassed by running tools/source/superr in the terminal from the main kitchen directory))

Download/Install/Run:

Free version:

WSL2 (Windows 10):

Linux/Mac (Terminal):
    2. Enter the following command where "/location/of/kitchen" is the directory where the kitchen lives:
      Code:
      /location/of/kitchen/superr

Windows:

NOTE: The native Windows version has reached end of life. Consider running the Linux kitchen in WSL2 using the guide above.​
    2. Make sure Java listed above is installed and in your system environment PATH (Check Google for the many guides on this if you need help)
    3. Double click superr.exe in newly extracted kitchen directory.

NOTE: After you start the kitchen, it will ask you for your Kitchen username and password. Make sure you enter it correctly or it will not work. Thanks for the donation, enjoy :)

Known Issues/Limitations:
    Does not unpack/repack f2fs file systems.

Linux:
    • None
    WSL2:
    • None
    WSL1:
    Mac:
    • Does not use e2fsdroid for building img files as I am not able to compile it for Mac so far.
    Windows:
    • No longer being updated. v3.2.1.3 is the last version. The Linux kitchen runs perfectly in WSL.
    • Does not use e2fsdroid for building img files as I am not able to compile it for Windows.
    • If you run Windows as administrator and have issues with the Boot Menu, please see this post.
    • If superr.exe gets removed by your antivirus program, whitelist the kitchen directory in your antivirus program.
    • If the kitchen can't find an internet connection, try whitelisting sr-code.com in your antivirus browsing security. If it still does not find a connection, try using a VPN.
    • The colors are not perfect due to Windows not supporting ASCII escape codes by default. If you want it to look more like Linux, you can run the Linux version in WSL (formerly known as "Bash on Ubuntu on Windows").

Video tutorials by @chevycam94

Credits:

@osm0sis - For Busybox Installer and Android Image Kitchen
    @Chainfire - For SuperSU
    @JesusFreke - For [Bak]smali
    @nkk71 - For TWRP minzip patch, and make_ext4fs improvements
    @Captain_Throwback - For providing a pre-compiled update-binary with the minzip patch and squashing bugs
    @cubinator - For Python ext4 module
    @_riddle - For oat2dex
    @iBotPeaches - For Apktool
    @AOSP - For zipalign, aapt, adb, img2simg, simg2img, make_ext4fs
    @xpirt - for img2sdat & sdat2img
    @yoanf_26 - For French translation
    @anestisb - For vdexExtractor
    @iuss - For payload_dumper.py

Contributors
    SuperR.

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2018-11-16
    Features:

*Extract and create ROM from:
    • Rooted Device
    • Custom Recovery
    • Existing ROM zip
    • system.img/boot.img (and cache.img on Samsung devices)
    • system.ext4.tar/boot.img
    • system.ext4.win/boot.emmc.win (including multi-file .win000, .win001, etc)
    • Moto and other factory firmware zips containing sparsechunk files
    • cm12 + roms with sparse dat files
    • Zips that contain system.img and boot.img
    • Zips that contain payload.bin
    • Samsung firmware zips that contain tar.md5 file
    • Official Nexus/Pixel firmware tgz/zip
    • Official Nexus/Pixel preview tgz/zip
    • system directory that contains symlinks and boot.img
    *Create flashable zips of many varieties including:
    • Full ROM
    • Switch between set_perm, set_metadata (KitKat+), raw_img, and sparse_dat (Lollipop+)
    • Kernel (including init.d if you added it with the kitchen)
    • Recovery
    • Media
    • app, priv-app, and framework
    *Deodex the following:
    • Android 10 ROMs
    • Pie ROMs
    • Oreo ROMs
    • Nougat ROMs
    • Marshmallow ROMs
    • Lollipop ROMs
    • KitKat and earlier ROMs
    *Root features:
    • Root/unroot
    • Choose Magisk
    • Choose SuperSU
    • Add other root zips to /tools/root/root_zips directory
    • Choose system OR systemless root for M+ and Samsung 5.1.1 roms
    • Add/remove su.d support
    *Boot features:
    • Unpack/repack boot/recovery img (Big Thanks to @osm0sis for Android Image Kitchen!!!)
    • Add/remove insecure boot
    • Remove dm-verity
    • Add/remove forceencrypt
    *By-name auto-detection from:
    • Device
    • Existing ROM
    • boot.img
    • kernel.elf
    • **OR**...manually enter it
    *mmcblk auto-detection from:
    • recovery.img
    *Kitchen updater:
    • View the last 3 changelogs when an update is available.
    • Update to the latest version
    • Option to check for updates when the kitchen starts
    *Pack/Unpack super.img
    *Create system.img
    *Device database for mmcblk devices (currently very small, but will grow over time)
    *Add devices to the assert
    *Add custom asserts
    *Zipalign apks
    *Debloat ROM
    *Custom Debloat list support
    *Remove Knox
    *Add/remove busybox (Big thanks to @osm0sis for his Busybox Installer)
    *Add/remove user app support (/data/app)
    *Sign zips
    *Cross-platform: Windows and Linux are fully supported
    *Does not say Built with SuperR's Kitchen in the updater-script
    *Does not replace ro.build.display.id with Built.with.SuperRs.Kitchen
    *Allows you to create a custom entry in the updater-script below the ROM name
    *Removes all the Place holders (#ASSERT, #SYM, #PERM, etc) from the updater-script before zipping.
    *Custom ro.build.display.id
    *Option to convert updater-script to update-binary for all rom zips EXCEPT sparse_dat.
    *Add custom directory to be included in and flashed with rom zip to location of your choice.
    *Ability to choose an apk, decompile, modify it manually, recompile, sign, and move it back to where it came from.
    *Plugin support - Add your own script to the /kitchen/tools/plugins directory and the kitchen will run it for you.
    *AutoROM - Unattended ROM development using a config file.
    USAGE:

1. Run the kitchen (instructions in OP)
    2. Create new project using the menu
    3. Copy ROM zip into the superr_NAME directory of this tool (NAME = the name of your new project).
      OR
      Copy system.ext4.tar and boot.img into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
      OR
      Copy system.ext4.win and boot.emmc.win into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
      OR
      Copy system.img and boot.img into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
      OR
      Copy official Nexus tgz into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
      OR
      Copy Samsung firmware zip into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
      OR
      Copy Moto firmware zip into the superr_NAME directory of this tool.
      OR
      Leave superr_NAME directory empty to extract from rooted device or custom recovery
    4. Extract for new ROM from the Main menu.
    5. Enjoy!
    Same **** here but i guess it wont happen till the dev wants and he aint around now
    I privately responded the the message you quoted the same day it was sent and got them sorted out.

In your case, you can reset your PC authentication from the website as it states when you attempt to log in to the kitchen.

Additionally, I have stated several times that authentication issues should be addressed privately.

I am around, I just don't have time for new development lately.
    Update on Android Pie deodex:

anestisb has finished Android P support for vdexExtractor. Android Pie introduced a new dex format, Compact Dex (cdex). anestisb created a new tool to convert cdex to standard dex which is required for Android Pie deodex. Unfortunately, the new tool will not currently work on Windows as it requires many AOSP dependencies and Google does not support compiling AOSP on Windows. It will only work on Linux and Mac. There are many Windows kitchen users, and I have no idea what to do about it.

More information can be found here.

If anyone can help, please do. Thanks :)

EDIT: The Windows aapt.exe binary was not functioning properly. I have reverted to the previous aapt.exe that works. The win_tools package has been updated on the server. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are on Windows and have already updated to v3.1.6.3, you can find the working aapt.exe here. Replace kitchen\tools\win_tools\aapt.exe with the one in the zip.