What's going on, guys? I hope everyone is having a great Friday so far!
Tonight, we have the release of V24.0 and let's just say that it packs a punch! So, without further ado... let's take a more detailed look at what the update has to offer!
The Notification Center
Ah, the Notification Center... a returning tool from the Batch version of the Toolbox. However, unlike the version in the batch edition... this one doesn't crash the entire program and actually works! Anyway, let's talk about why this tool was added in the first place. The primary reason for this tools' addition is relaying of information in the easiest and most efficient way possible.
For example, in the last few previous releases we've had changes to the Toolbox Updater which prevented updates from being released through that medium. As a result, I've had some folks inform that they didn't know any updates were released. Well, using the Notification Center, a message can now be sent out to relay information about a new release.
In the Notification Center you'll see the subject of the message, the message, a timestamp of when the message was sent out and when you received it. You can also cycle through the notifications by clicking the < > buttons at the bottom left of the window, and next to that you'll see how many notifications are unread. In addition, The messages can also contain actions that can execute a command, or open a webpage (the Toolbox will show what website it wants to open, or what command is going to be executed, and will ask for your permission before doing so).
Overall, a nifty little tool that I hope will be extremely useful down the line!
Private DNS Anyone?
As requested by a few of you lovely folks here on the forum, the Toolbox now supports changing the DNS servers your tablet uses (Unfortunately, only supported on new gen devices)! The best part is... when you change the DNS Resolver, the change is made globally! Meaning any WIFI network you connect to, or any profile you log in to, will use the specified DNS you've set. Pretty nifty if you ask me.
So far, you can change the DNS to any of the following providers:
- Cloudflare (188.8.131.52)
- Google Public (184.108.40.206)
- Default (ISP)
You'll find the wonderful option to change the DNS Resolver in the Networking tab for the Modify System Settings tool. Enjoy
P.S: I'd use the Adguard provider because it can help block ads as well...
Taking Sideload Apps to a New Level with XAPK Support
The wonderful and crafty .xapk
format is used by third-party apk distribution websites such as ApkPure and Apkmirror to distribute apks and resources more effectively. However, because this format isn't officially recognized by Google they can be a little more tricky to install than traditional APKs, and require a lot more work to get going. Despite this, after a long time of figuring out how to accomplish installing these files... I'm proud to announce that the Toolbox now supports installing .xapks! Gone are the days of seeking out an apk version of an app.
Dealing With the "Update play services" Error
As I'm sure some of you are aware, for whatever reason, Google Play Services keeps throwing an error asking users to update Play Services. However, when the notification is clicked it brings up the Play Store page for Play Services, and unfortunately it seems that the Update button is missing. It was soon discovered that manually sideloading the latest version of Play Services seems to fix the issue. Well, to combat this issue, the Toolbox is now capable of updating the Play Services app for you!
All you have to do is open the Toolbox, Execute the Google Services (Manage) subtool, and at the bottom you should an option to Update Play Services. The Toolbox will then check the currently installed version for Play Services and compare it to the version on the server. If the one on the server is newer than the currently installed one, then the Toolbox will present an update button that once clicked will download and install the newest version of Play Services automatically! Pretty cool, huh?
Manage Amazon Apps (Manually - Simple) Improvements
Another requested feature? Heck... yes! Much like its Advanced counterpart... the manual simple subtool now takes into account what apps in the list have been disabled and will relocate them to the Restore list. This should help relay which apps are still enabled, and what apps can be restored. Making management a heck of a lot easier! Another cool change is that the console now retains all results instead of clearing the output after each operation, and the IMBd package name has been updated to the correct one.
Wait, that's not everything V24.0 has to offer! Take a look at the change log below for the full scoop!
Fire Toolbox V24.0 - Changelog
- [Settings] Improved the speed of reading and writing setting changes.
- [Settings] Added an option to toggle off and on the Notification Center in the Startup category.
- [Tools] Added a brand new tool, the Notification Center!
- [Modify System Settings] When restoring default settings, only the settings in the currently selected category will be restored instead of restoring all settings.
- [Modify System Settings] Added the Networking tab, and a setting to change the DNS Resolver.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Apps that have already been disabled are now removed from the manual selection list (new gen only for now.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Added the Restore tab, and removed the debloat/restore radiobuttons.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] The Console output is now retained, instead of cleared after every operation.
- [Sideload Apps] The Toolbox now supports sideloading XAPK files!
- [Power Options] Redesigned and improved the UI.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Fixed incorrect package name for IMBd TV.
- [YouTube Clients] Updated all clients to the latest versions.
- [Main Menu] Improved the look of the UI's buttons, and improved the update speed of the Tool Descriptions.
- [Hybrid Apps] Updated the download links for Disney+.
- [Theming] Fixed a bug that prevented Main Menu from adopting the Toolbox's current theme sometimes on launch.
- [Google Services (Manage)] Add an option to update the Play Services app.
Ready to download V24.0? Head on over to the Downloads' section of the OP,
or you can upgrade from a previous version to V24.0 using the Toolbox Updater!
With everything else out of the way, I'd like to say that this community is such a blessing, as I've been able to meet some really cool and awesome people through it. I just want to take a little time and let you guys know that I truly appreciate the support and interactions I've with each one of you... It really means a lot to me! In addition, HUGE THANKS GOES OUT TO THE LOVELY DONATORS!! I really do APPRECIATE it and I feel so blessed! THANKS AGAIN!!
Well, that's all I've got for now. I sincerely hope you enjoy V24.0, and please continue to have a wonderful day/night!