Windows Live for Windows Mobile

Search This thread

Scann69

Just a couple of questions as i notice when i was using the MSN

1. Does you PDA slow down to a craw when you launch the Messenger & also while it's running in the background?

2. When setting up Messenger, do you merge Messenger contacts with outlook or not?

3. When you launch Messenger be it on 3G connection or WiFi, how long does it take before it loads your full list of contacts?

4. Is there a way to speed up the Messenger on the TyTN II?

5. What version of Windows Live are you using?

Mine.
1. I can barely use my PDA for anything while Messenger is running. It feels as if it has freeze most of the time
2. I merge my contacts with Outlook
3. It takes mine a good 7 - 10 minutes before it loads up my Messenger list which is only about 120 contacts
4. Would love some advice here
5. Version 10.6.0033.0600

Appreciate any advice as i use Messenger a lot. Thank you and Merry Christmas

christian15213

Jan 2, 2007
I don't really now all that but for me I love windows live... I wish the GPS worked a little better though... So many times it cannot find a signal. In anyevent...

The real question is what do you all feel is better Google live or windows live?

njmarchetti

Dec 11, 2006
Dallas, TX
I don't really now all that but for me I love windows live... I wish the GPS worked a little better though... So many times it cannot find a signal. In anyevent...

The real question is what do you all feel is better Google live or windows live?

people!! There are 2 very different Windows Live/Live Search apps. Can we please start getting this straight?

I know MS made some idiotic branding/naming decisions, but I feel like if you own WinMo phone you should have it figured out by now.

The questions refer to Windows Live, NOT Live Search.

1.) No. Messenger does not bring my phone to crawl, although I rarely stay connected long because Windows Live + Kaiser Connection Issues = major suck fest (just search my past post for more info)

2.) No I do not merge Outlook contacts. I keep Live for all personal contacts and Exchange server for business. Works out really great.

3.) To connect to Messenger and see buddy list (about 105 contacts) over 3G takes approximately 1 minute.

4.) Have you tried Kaiser Tweak app for changing File System and Glyph settings? These tend to improve overall device performance and work well for me.

5.) I have used them all and recently downgraded to 10.6.32.2100.

I have to admit I do not use the Messenger portion much. My main complaint has been not getting Push mail to work correctly. Had NO issues with WL on my Hermes. I submitted a report to MS and they are supposedly "working on it"

Scann69

Well...if that is the case, my Messenger is confirm not working the way it's suppose to. I actually though it was normal cos i had the same problem on my Hermes.

Care to give me the settings in the KaiserTweak file system thing that u r using.

1 more question....can i just download & install a older or newer version & have the current version overwrite?

fusi

Sep 16, 2007
Ross Vegas
www.sekaita.com
1. i cant tell its running - but my contacts list is quite small - see 2.

2. i initially merged but got peeved off as all my msn contacts got mixed up with my real life contacts which made finding phone number laborious - so i reset it all only to find that doing so wiped my messenger contact list - entirely - no more contacts - not even on my main pc! so now i dont merge.

3. cant say on these two, havent really ever connected via them - on gprs though it takes about 6 seconds ish - but again my contacts list is short.

4. probably not

my pet peev is the windows live home screen plugin - its far too large :(

njmarchetti

Dec 11, 2006
Dallas, TX
Well...if that is the case, my Messenger is confirm not working the way it's suppose to. I actually though it was normal cos i had the same problem on my Hermes.

Care to give me the settings in the KaiserTweak file system thing that u r using.

1 more question....can i just download & install a older or newer version & have the current version overwrite?

In Kaiser Tweak, under Cache. I am using all the (Advised) Settings. However I don't think that will help your problem much. Do a lot of your contacts have a custom display picture? When I contatced MS about my problem with emails they told me to change my display pic to a default as custom pics have been known to cause issues. If a lot of people on your buddy list have custom pics, that could be causing the delay.

Also, do not install WL over a previous version. First uninstall it from your device and soft reset. Then install the older version.

Let us know if you find something to fix the issue.

Scann69

1. i cant tell its running - but my contacts list is quite small - see 2.

2. i initially merged but got peeved off as all my msn contacts got mixed up with my real life contacts which made finding phone number laborious - so i reset it all only to find that doing so wiped my messenger contact list - entirely - no more contacts - not even on my main pc! so now i dont merge.

3. cant say on these two, havent really ever connected via them - on gprs though it takes about 6 seconds ish - but again my contacts list is short.

4. probably not

my pet peev is the windows live home screen plugin - its far too large :(

In case u hit problem number 2 again, u can actually log into MSN on your desktop, then click on Tools->Options->Privacy then click on View. From there, just right click on the names on the list and add to contacts ;)

Scann69

In Kaiser Tweak, under Cache. I am using all the (Advised) Settings. However I don't think that will help your problem much. Do a lot of your contacts have a custom display picture? When I contatced MS about my problem with emails they told me to change my display pic to a default as custom pics have been known to cause issues. If a lot of people on your buddy list have custom pics, that could be causing the delay.

Also, do not install WL over a previous version. First uninstall it from your device and soft reset. Then install the older version.

Let us know if you find something to fix the issue.

Thanx for the info. Sadly most of my contacts have their own custom pictures which might explain the slow loading of my MSN.

This still does not explain why when MSN is running, my TyTN II is crawling to the extend many time i just reset it and stop using the MSN :mad:

Well....guess now i have another problem....my MSN is in the ROM itself. I'm using Dutty's No.7B ROM. Any ideas?

Marcdu81

May 14, 2006
Tarn
Hi,I have 10.6.0031.2600 version and it doesn't work too.I send a mail to http://support.live.com and they answer me that i must verify proxy connections.So i don't know why because it worked before ...