• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Windows Live Messenger for PPC: Problem installing

Search This thread

sebr1ng

Sep 14, 2008
Ljubljana
I recently bought a new SDHC card and decided to hard reset the PDA (FSC loox N560 with WM6) and install everything from the begining. The problem is that WLM will not work. I tried installing 10.6.33.0600 and 10.6.34.0800 but neither of them work. It installs ok, but the messenger doesn't even start (it doesn't show in the list of active programs). I tried cleaning the registry in safe mode and everything but the darn thing refuses to work. The funny thing is that before the hard-reset WLM worked like a charm. Btw I'm installing on device memory not the card. Anybody has any insight on this?

The list of currently installed programs:
  1. Paragon Software PenReader
  2. JetCet print5 SDK
  3. Chapura PocketMirror
  4. Microsoft .NET CF 3.5
  5. Garmin Mobile XT
  6. DVHA_79 Adobe Flash3.1 plugin
  7. Adobe FlashLite
  8. Opera Software 9
  9. Macromedia flash Player ActiveX
  10. SPB Weather
  11. Pocket Xpdf
  12. WebIS FlexMail
  13. Spb GPRS Monitor
  14. Pocket Mechanic
  15. Resco Explorer
  16. Resco Keyboard Pro
  17. GreateVK & 777-Team - SD Drivers for SDHC

I'll be grafeful for any solution to this:)

sebr1ng

Sep 14, 2008
Ljubljana
UPDATE: i did a hardreset again and the first thing (after SDHC driver) I installed was WLM and it doesn't work... I tried all the available versions and no luck. I guess it's the SDHC drivers then? Anyone with similar experience?