• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5 21193/21193 update 25.3.2009

Do u like my rom ?

• Yes

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Yes, when u fix bugs

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • No, i dont like this rom

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • No, it isnt usable

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

veisen

Jan 17, 2006

Attachments

• 032109165721.jpg
    032109165721.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 3,571
  • 032109165704.jpg
    032109165704.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,971
  • 032109165642.jpg
    032109165642.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 2,492
  • 032109165632.jpg
    032109165632.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 2,391
Last edited:
Reactions: xBloom

miloszz

Apr 21, 2007
My observations:

+ damn fast

- red/power button doesn't wors as power-down button and phone toggle
- no wireless/comm manager
- some bitmaps doesn't look very well (not a big problem)
- strange names in Buttons settings
- no palm messaging (but maybe it's jus me)

At the moment I'm going back to 6.1 with palm oems, but I do really cross fingers for you and your rom. If you'll put new version soon, I'm getting it! Great work!

veisen

Jan 17, 2006
My observations:

+ damn fast

- red/power button doesn't wors as power-down button and phone toggle
- no wireless/comm manager
- some bitmaps doesn't look very well (not a big problem)
- strange names in Buttons settings
- no palm messaging (but maybe it's jus me)

At the moment I'm going back to 6.1 with palm oems, but I do really cross fingers for you and your rom. If you'll put new version soon, I'm getting it! Great work!

thx to u next version will be faster then this (i belive)
i need port original applications form palm wm5 to more usable on this palm
1-2 days for it
i dont like palm messaging
original is better for me

Last edited:

miloszz

Apr 21, 2007
I used default messaging for a long time (so called "lite" version of 6.1) :)

The biggest problem for me is comm manager and power button. Accidentialy I flashed again to your rom so I'll stick with this one now, try to configure it for my needs (it's just question of few apps to cure most of "problems").

Can't wait to see next version.

Best regards.

veisen

Jan 17, 2006
I used default messaging for a long time (so called "lite" version of 6.1) :)

The biggest problem for me is comm manager and power button. Accidentialy I flashed again to your rom so I'll stick with this one now, try to configure it for my needs (it's just question of few apps to cure most of "problems").

Can't wait to see next version.

Best regards.

uploaded version wm6.5 with palm oem programs and commmanager and some small fixes

Last edited:
uploaded version wm6.5 with palm oem programs and commmanager and some small fixes

haven't tried the clean version, but on the new palm version, the soft menu is the old version and links like phone settings or today settings dont work. *have to use start menu*

also not able to connect to an exchange server. link to set it up in activesync seems to be dead.

red button, and wireless manager seem to work.
will check out the clean version as well.

edit: reset the phone. activesync, email, and exchange all work.
soft key bar still isn't like your first update *i assume it changed in 6.5, and this is the old version* and phone and today settings links in soft menu are still broken.

edit#2: seems the email account isn't listed in the accounts settings window. also at least one keyboard shortcut didn't work (whitebutton + P for brightness settings) i assume this has to do with the "weird" names programs have listed under buttons.

Last edited:

truefriend

Jan 20, 2007
i want to update to 6.5 but is it possible to go back to orignal at&t oem rom afterward to will there be some problem....???????
help......??????????????

veisen

Jan 17, 2006
haven't tried the clean version, but on the new palm version, the soft menu is the old version and links like phone settings or today settings dont work. *have to use start menu*

also not able to connect to an exchange server. link to set it up in activesync seems to be dead.

red button, and wireless manager seem to work.
will check out the clean version as well.

edit: reset the phone. activesync, email, and exchange all work.
soft key bar still isn't like your first update *i assume it changed in 6.5, and this is the old version* and phone and today settings links in soft menu are still broken.

edit#2: seems the email account isn't listed in the accounts settings window. also at least one keyboard shortcut didn't work (whitebutton + P for brightness settings) i assume this has to do with the "weird" names programs have listed under buttons.

thx for test i repair it today

yusufmerchant

Dec 11, 2006
Ok here is the review of this rom, the one with palm oem applications and commmanager,

Pros:

Fast and stable

Volume is better compare to 6.1

It has inbuilt mass storage driver which 6.1 lack

Shortcut are sorted in appropriate folders in start menu

Black Theme is default, which is very good

Display is better compare to 6.1

There are 2 flavour of Wmplayer

Comm Manager is now full functional

And More............

Cons:

Instead of green light to show the network now its showing orange,

Vibrate is not working

There is slight jerk in display while changing screen from one program to another

There is no Call screen, Mean when you are answering a call or had dialed a call you want be able to see the duration of the call.

Berenger81

Jan 31, 2009
Hi there, thank you very much for your great work. I have a quick question: My Treo has a German (QWERTZ) keyboard, will it be detected somehow?, or the ROM will asume its a QWERTY keyboard. I don't mind the OS being in English, that would even be better, is there a quick way to patch the ROM to make it work with the QWERTZ keyboard?

Thank you so much in advance.

miloszz

Apr 21, 2007
About in call screen. It's all around ActiveCall and DialLookup plugins. Maybe changing some registry values will fix it (I had similar situations once and editing some registry solved my problems). Tomorrow I'll compare some of my keyes with working wm6.

joverly

Jan 28, 2009
-If your syncing to an Exchange server, the Manage Folders function does not work to be able to select addition folders.

-blank HTCSETTINGS icon under System.. appears to do nothing

- 2 PHONE apps under Personal settings. Different functions, but named the same

- There is something off with trying to go into Messages from the Today screen. Takes a few clicks to actually make it work. It doesn't do it everytime.

That's all I found for the moment.. obviously WLAN option does nothing on mine

miloszz

Apr 21, 2007
I've noticed one more thing: there's no "white dot" indicating text input with active function key. It's a bit tricky when you try to type password and you don't see what you write...

But in general it works very well. But installing "hidelogo" caused reset loop and I had to hard-reset.

Great work!

EDIT:
Change HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/"Dial Lookup"/Type from 4 to 6 <- it will fix active-call-screen-problem :) Works for me.

Last edited:

veisen

Jan 17, 2006
i build new version today with all palm applications and battery test show me 14days :)

it is quickly then last version i upload it soon
it need some small fixes

UPLOADED 1st link

Last edited:

veisen

Jan 17, 2006
I've noticed one more thing: there's no "white dot" indicating text input with active function key. It's a bit tricky when you try to type password and you don't see what you write...

But in general it works very well. But installing "hidelogo" caused reset loop and I had to hard-reset.

Great work!

EDIT:
Change HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Today/Items/"Dial Lookup"/Type from 4 to 6 <- it will fix active-call-screen-problem :) Works for me.

white dot not working on 6.5 i must copy some from 6.1 to make it works

veisen

Jan 17, 2006
To Veisen:
Will you make the czech WM 6.5 clear version?
Can you describe differencies between clear and palm version and between 6.1 and 6.5 version?
Thanks.

clear is without palm applications and wm6.5 is fastest and stable

czech localization on wm6.5 i make soon
i can make other localized roms as deu ita spa pol .........

1st all try this english
i make localization on bug free version of 6.5

Top Liked Posts