• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Windows Phone 7.8 for LG Quantum

Search This thread

kasaring

Aug 31, 2009
Congratulation! I have LG quantum with tango and Telstra firmware, I'm in Colombia and nothing about 7.8 through Zune. What do you doing for update your Quantum?

sirsmacketh

Sep 7, 2011
Unlocked Bell LG-C900B on TELUS

Confirmed. Received 7.8 update yesterday via Zune. It applied about 3-4 updates before it was done. Very happy with it. Does anyone know if WP7 Root Tools will work on 7.8 and is there a screenshot function available when it's rooted?

relietz

Dec 1, 2011
Hey just thought I'd let everyone know that I have officially received Windows Phone 7.8 for my Quantum through Zune.

I'm running the Telstra firmware on SaskTel.

Lucky :( I am on SaskTel, running Telstra firmware, cannot get an update through Zune yet. Tried de-branding my phone, restored to factory, branded to SaskTel, spent hours trying to get the cable-pull trick to fool Zune... absolutely nothing!!! A little disappointed, and hoping I won't have to wait too long for the notification to show up on my phone. Probably would have been best if I hadn't checked Google and found out that the update was rolling today - then I wouldn't have wasted so much time, and I wouldn't be so disappointed now!! Haha :p Anyway, have fun with it, hope to be enjoying mine soon, too.

sebau1995

Feb 14, 2011
Still nothing for me, LG Quantum US on AT&T. My build is still 7.10 (7720), really old. Wonder if I could force the update??

Hi! I m also on att, but today i was able to get WP7.8, the way to do it is debranding your phone!

Enable the MFG application by going to the dialer and dialing ##634# then pressing call. LG Phone Problem and Solution
Launch the MFG application and enter 277634#*# when prompted for a password.
Select the Engineer Menu item.
Select the Other Setting menu item.
Select the Edit registry menu item.
Set the input boxes on this menu as follows:
Select ROOT_PATH: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Input SUB_PATH: \System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo\
Input KEY: MobileOperator
Data Type: STRING
Select Query and write down the result for re-branding (just in case)
To debrand leave the input data field “000-88″, apply the changes.
Connect to Zune and check for updates.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

I live in Argentina so the update is not only regional..

Slinky826

Oct 28, 2012
Hi! I m also on att, but today i was able to get WP7.8, the way to do it is debranding your phone!

Enable the MFG application by going to the dialer and dialing ##634# then pressing call. LG Phone Problem and Solution

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 04:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

This. I did this as well and now running 7.8.

timotei21

Mar 25, 2012
Guys. I tried the debranding... but nothing (LG Quantum AT&T, but I live in Romania).

So, I've used the SevenEighter app and that worked superb. The app will crash after each successive update, and you have to reselect the languages (6 for me) existing on the phone before each install. But other than that, works just fine :) Got like 4-5 updates (I think from 7720) till 7.8.

The app is here: http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/want_windows_phone_7.8_now_try_this_easy_tool-01-31-13

relietz

Dec 1, 2011
Guys. I tried the debranding... but nothing (LG Quantum AT&T, but I live in Romania).

So, I've used the SevenEighter app and that worked superb. The app will crash after each successive update, and you have to reselect the languages (6 for me) existing on the phone before each install. But other than that, works just fine :) Got like 4-5 updates (I think from 7720) till 7.8.

The app is here: http://windowsphonehacker.com/articles/want_windows_phone_7.8_now_try_this_easy_tool-01-31-13

Thanks for the tip. I got impatient when nothing was working, so I tried Seven-Eighter. Worked for me! Yay =)

Dr.Alani

Dec 20, 2010
Abu Dhabi, UAE
The windowshonehacker tool worked for me but not the first time. It gave me error 80180048 and then I did a phone reset and chose only English language and it worked.
Thanks guys.

otnos

Nov 15, 2009
Dallas
What is 7.8 OS version #?

Good luck!

I did the de-branding above and it ATT LG-C900 updated, but I don't thin it is 7.8. It still says Windows Phone 7.5
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware 1.1.6.10

Can someone verify if this 7.8?

I don't think this is 7.8 because the home screen hasn't changed.

xTerraH

Jan 25, 2013
I did the de-branding above and it ATT LG-C900 updated, but I don't thin it is 7.8. It still says Windows Phone 7.5
Firmware 1.1.6.10

No it won't be. The home screen will change if it is 7.8

Sent from my ST21a using xda app-developers app

otnos

Nov 15, 2009
Dallas
How strange, mine shows 7.8 and the new start screen

What is your OS version #?

update:
ok, the 7.8 OS version # is 7.10.8858.136

I finally got my ATT LG C900 updated to 7.8, here's what I did:
1. De-brand the phone: this got the phone updated up to 7.10.8107.79

2. Do the "Disconnect" method: by placing the phone into airplane mode and then timing to see how many seconds it took from clicking the Update until it give you the message that the your phone is up to date. Now do it again, but this time disconnect your computer's internet 1 second before the time that you just measured. This is just trial and error. You have to do this many time until you get the message that you have an update. Now, when you get the message that you have an update, turn on your computer's internet and then click on the Update button to update your phone. You have to repeat step 2 for every update until you get to OS version #7.10.8858.136 (it took me about 4 or 5 updates before reaching 7.10.8858.136).

Last edited:

nikhil.pgm

Mar 28, 2012
:p Disconnect Method

How many updtes are there between 7883 and 8858?
Its taking awefully long...

Has anyone tried the Bluetooth yet?

What is your OS version #?

update:
ok, the 7.8 OS version # is 7.10.8858.136

I finally got my ATT LG C900 updated to 7.8, here's what I did:
1. De-brand the phone: this got the phone updated up to 7.10.8107.79

2. Do the "Disconnect" method: by placing the phone into airplane mode and then timing to see how many seconds it took from clicking the Update until it give you the message that the your phone is up to date. Now do it again, but this time disconnect your computer's internet 1 second before the time that you just measured. This is just trial and error. You have to do this many time until you get the message that you have an update. Now, when you get the message that you have an update, turn on your computer's internet and then click on the Update button to update your phone. You have to repeat step 2 for every update until you get to OS version #7.10.8858.136 (it took me about 4 or 5 updates before reaching 7.10.8858.136).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Still nothing for me, LG Quantum US on AT&T. My build is still 7.10 (7720), really old. Wonder if I could force the update??

Good luck!

Firmware 1.1.6.10

How strange, mine shows 7.8 and the new start screen
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2134599

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Using the LG utility flash your phone to Telstra or AT&T 7.5 ROM via emergency mode.
    Problem After Updating to 7.8

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2134599

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Using the LG utility flash your phone to Telstra or AT&T 7.5 ROM via emergency mode.

Hii Pranjal,

I'm Sai Swarup(You used to be in touch in ebay message). You gave me the link...Thanks for the reply buddy:)

Yesterday, I have tried the Hard Reset(Cold Boot). After the reboot, It was downgraded to WIndows Phone 7. But same problem was there in Phone,Messaging, Wi-FI Settings About :(

So I Connected to ZUne and tried to restore it but the restore failed and..My Phone went to Connect to PC Mode Now :(

What is the solution..?? I'm worried that my phone will be died If I do any thing..If we do any thing, Is there any chance of becoming died or Hardware problems.
    There can always be a hardware problem but that does not seems to be ur case.
    You didn't read the entire post. The link I gave you have another link. The other link is the one you are supposed to follow. You will find all the flashing utility & a comprehensive guide there.

& please do not take flashing casually. YOU CAN BRICK YOUR PHONE!!! IT"S VERY EASY!!!
    DOn't cold boot it. Use the LG utility to do a clean insallation of Telstra 7.5 ROM.

this is what i'm talking about
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1508150

the only thing is...emergency mode is power button+space bar

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

right now your only worry should be that every thing is working properly. Forget about version resurrect your device first. After that i'll tell you how to update the wp version