• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Windows Phone 7 Build 6414 (July 'Beta') Unlocked Emulator

Search This thread

RustyGrom

Apr 18, 2006
Orlando
Windows Phone 7 Dev tools Beta released

Here's the updated emulator build. It seems very similar (and the build number is only a bit higher) than the one leaked last week. As with that build, there's no options to add data sources to sync/connect with. Ugh! I'll keep working at it as it's bound to be there somewhere but we'll see.

systemabout.jpg

Unlike previous builds, it seems that you need to pass a VMID to the XDE executable. As follows...

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft XDE\1.0\XDE.exe" "C:\Users\YOU\Desktop\WM70C1-6414-unlocked.bin" /VMID {E575DA31-FC47-4766-853F-018D823B9EE6}

Or you can place the file in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images" with the name "WM70C1.bin" and debug with visual studio and it will launch. I've only tried a super basic app but this appears to be the first one that actually works fully with debugging! This should help the devs that want to be able to test with the various task launchers with some actual data.

So here's the download!

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyGrom

Apr 18, 2006
Orlando
Windows Phone 7 Dev tools Beta released

Download Here

I'll have to wait til I get home from work to download/look into it. Let us know what you find! I wonder if this is the same emulator build that found it's way out last week?

manueleb.

Mar 21, 2010
duek8computer.altervista.org
I'm installing that.
Little Tips: If you installed the April CTP, installing the beta from the April CTP's uninstaller (Open uninstaller -> click Repair/Reinstall -> when the uninstaller ask the CD, click the option for re-downloading the file from Internet). In that mode, you don't uninstall Visual Basic 2010, Visual Studio 2010 or XNA Studio. Enjoy!
(Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian :D)

daniel-t

Mar 17, 2010
Now we need to wait for an unlock of the new OS Image. It is very much improved with bootup, transitions, and everything really. I cant wait to see how the apps, and hubs are looking and performing now...

bernd420

Apr 29, 2010
I'm installing that.
Little Tips: If you installed the April CTP, installing the beta from the April CTP's uninstaller (Open uninstaller -> click Repair/Reinstall -> when the uninstaller ask the CD, click the option for re-downloading the file from Internet). In that mode, you don't uninstall Visual Basic 2010, Visual Studio 2010 or XNA Studio. Enjoy!
(Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian :D)

Wow, that's really cool. If I just would have heard about this earlier...

Tom Servo

Aug 1, 2009
Eh, I created a new WP app project in Expression Blend and immediately ran it. The basic title layout already doesn't match the system layout. *sigh*

the-hq

Mar 26, 2010
Got problems installing it via the repair routine - just getting errors that some parts of the install couldn't complete. Damned....

pivotal

Jul 12, 2010
Yes, it's *much* safer to do a full uninstall of CTP tools, reboot, then install the Beta.

cslawren

Sep 4, 2008
Here's a couple of the default sounds pulled from the image for use on our phones if you want them...

WP7_pure.mp3 is the default ringtone, for those wondering what that is.

Attachments

• Sounds.rar
    120.1 KB · Views: 264

fr_krg

Aug 13, 2008
Thanks for the image!
But I've got a problem with the emulator. It's choppy like hell, it always was for me. I've got a Core 2 Duo 2,14 GHz so I don't think that should be a problem, but I see it is using just one core. Is there a trick to enable emulator using the 2nd core or get it somehow hardware accelerated?