Windows Phone Future Updates

Search This thread

diyarox

Jan 20, 2012
please help

hello guys .

yesterday i did update my nokia lumia 800 windows 7 phone ' after update completed ' I cant touch my phone . everything s freezed touch screen keyboard buttons etc..

I did try restore it with zune programe But Nat Let Me I do ... I cannot see RESTORE Button at zune ..

Just says your phone up da te 8107 etc ..... no restore button there ...

my phone dont have insurance and i am stuck now ' i cant do nothing ...

please I need Help . What I can do ? Any ideas... ....

Thanks ..

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
hello guys .

yesterday i did update my nokia lumia 800 windows 7 phone ' after update completed ' I cant touch my phone . everything s freezed touch screen keyboard buttons etc..

I did try restore it with zune programe But Nat Let Me I do ... I cannot see RESTORE Button at zune ..

Thanks ..

Restore button is under phone - software updates on the left hand side.

diyarox

Jan 20, 2012
hi mate , yes i know button should be there but I cannot see ... no restore button at my zune ..

i did try different laptops stilll same..

i did format my laptop and update everything , stilll same(

no restore button..

Iam stuck here really.. : (

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
hi mate , yes i know button should be there but I cannot see ... no restore button at my zune ..

i did try different laptops stilll same..

i did format my laptop and update everything , stilll same(

no restore button..

Iam stuck here really.. : (

If nothing works, I would suggest, you might still be under manufacturer's warranty (are you?) If yes, that is your best bet!

However, never seen any case like this on the XDA so not much things to suggest. But make a thread in Q&A WP7 section, write all the details you can to explain what's happened so far - few pics might help other to see what you are seeing as well and hopefully someone will be able to suggest something very simple that will bring you back on track!

diyarox

Jan 20, 2012
hi again. I tell You what exacly proplem is ,

2 3 days ago I connected zune for upload some music videos etc

zune programe otomaticly started update (for better works for ur phone etc) I just trusted , i did leave it .

anyway after all update completed , phone did restart

I cannot play with touch screen , I cannot click nothing , Just u know volume buttons Only them working ,

Some pepoples says Try to restore update with zune . But I cant

Is there no have restore Buttton to click.

Zune : Setting : Update : Restore :

I cannot see restore button or create restore point

yesterday i contact with nokia support , They said send to us with post which is mean alot money to pay

I dont have insurance , i Just bought 2 weeks ago .

I dont Know what i can do . Really stuck :s Just waiting for news

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
hi again. I tell You what exacly proplem is ,

2 3 days ago I connected zune for upload some music videos etc

zune programe otomaticly started update (for better works for ur phone etc) I just trusted , i did leave it .

anyway after all update completed , phone did restart

I cannot play with touch screen , I cannot click nothing , Just u know volume buttons Only them working ,

Some pepoples says Try to restore update with zune . But I cant

Is there no have restore Buttton to click.

Zune : Setting : Update : Restore :

I cannot see restore button or create restore point

yesterday i contact with nokia support , They said send to us with post which is mean alot money to pay

I dont have insurance , i Just bought 2 weeks ago .

I dont Know what i can do . Really stuck :s Just waiting for news

I think send it to Nokia no matter what the cost. You are still covered in their warranty and that's your best bet to get a working phone back.

Beatsleigher

There never will be a mass sorage mode.

Hello, guys

I just wanted to adress, that there NEVER will be a mass storage mode for WP7.
And it's better that way, because Microsoft is making sure, that you don't modifiy the Software, that's on the phone.

Despite the fact that WP locks the SD Card, the second it gets installed.... :p

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

hello guys .

Thanks ..

To make this easy, just goto C:\Program Files\Zune\
And click on WPSupporttool.exe
And restore using that...
If that doesn't work, then Use CMD... I you want me to give a tutorial on that, just message me ^^

pexer-abc

Jan 29, 2012
Purpose

The purpose of this list is to fully educate current and prospective owners about any features that are missing and will be added in a future update as confirmed by an official source. Hopefully this will avoid frustration and uncertainty since knowing is half the battle.

Missing Features

Copy & Paste (addressed in Update 2)
Custom ringtones (addressed in Update 4)
Turn-by-turn Navigation (addressed in Update 4)
Multitasking (addressed in Update 4)
Adobe Flash (doubtful)
HTML5 (addressed in Update 4)
Silverlight
Tethering
Video Calling (addressed in Update 4)
VoIP Calling
Smart Dialer
Mass Storage Mode
Bluetooth Transfer
Universal Search
System Wide File Manager
On-device Encryption
VPN

Official Microsoft Request Forums

Thanks a lot for a great and informative thread!
I'm a new owner of a Lumia 800 that I'm very found of. Previous devices have been iPhone 4, Nokia E72 and (believe it or not) HTC Touch Diamond. The last one ended, after a short flight, in a wall... :)

As I did on iPhone, I'm missing the smart dialer function. How certain is the knowledge of this list to be "official"? Has microsoft released any official list like that?
For me at least System wide file manager seems more like a rumour then possible upcoming features.

By the way: system wide search just like in iPhone and Windows 7 would be really nice! I've voted for all theese three in the suggestion box...

nicksti

Sep 7, 2009
Thanks a lot for a great and informative thread!
I'm a new owner of a Lumia 800 that I'm very found of. Previous devices have been iPhone 4, Nokia E72 and (believe it or not) HTC Touch Diamond. The last one ended, after a short flight, in a wall... :)

As I did on iPhone, I'm missing the smart dialer function. How certain is the knowledge of this list to be "official"? Has microsoft released any official list like that?
For me at least System wide file manager seems more like a rumour then possible upcoming features.

By the way: system wide search just like in iPhone and Windows 7 would be really nice! I've voted for all theese three in the suggestion box...

I owned a Touch Pro. I sold it instead of threw it into a wall. :D

This is just a list of features that may be found in other phones. This is not a list of upcoming features. System wide file manager is a feature found in some smartphones that to this date does not exist in Windows Phone. Will it ever be added? Who knows for sure, but it seems unlikely right now. Bluetooth file transfer, and Adobe Flash are two more features I would not hold my breath for.

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
I owned a Touch Pro. I sold it instead of threw it into a wall. :D

This is just a list of features that may be found in other phones. This is not a list of upcoming features. System wide file manager is a feature found in some smartphones that to this date does not exist in Windows Phone. Will it ever be added? Who knows for sure, but it seems unlikely right now. Bluetooth file transfer, and Adobe Flash are two more features I would not hold my breath for.

Regarding Flash
Especially since alot of Flash can be converted automatically to HTML5
http://www.flash-to-html5.net/?gclid=COfR3LK39q0CFQWFQAodpn-kug

And here is using Adobe tools: http://cookbooks.adobe.com/post_How_to_convert_Flash_files_into_HTML5-18667.html

And commentary on it: http://mashable.com/2011/03/08/adobe-wallaby/

Adobe provides the tool and it is basically a drag and drop process to convert flash to HTML5, so there is no excuse for a website not to convert.

pexer-abc

Jan 29, 2012
Wp7 is a good choice for twitter and facebook?

Yes. I'm using both of them and the integration of different information sources like FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Live and so on is outstandning on WP.
I'm comparing with iOS and WP stands out in this point of view.

Last edited:

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
Yes. I'm using both of them and the integration of different information sources like FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Live and so on is outstandning on WP.
I'm comparing with iOS and WP stands out in this point of view.

The integration with Facbook is what I miss the most about Windows Phone 7, since work forced me into an iPhone 4S which uses a Micro SIM card instead of a standard SIM card. Looking to get an adaptor so that I can switch between both phones, expecially once Apollo comes. Looking forward to seeing how they integrate Skype.

It would be excellent if it offers real skype calling over data.

suroor969

Feb 7, 2009
New Delhi
waiting for skype integration in windows phone

eagerly waiting for the skype integration, that will be awesome in the windows phone and will probably make windows phone more popular

pexer-abc

Jan 29, 2012
This is just a list of features that may be found in other phones. This is not a list of upcoming features.

Actally it says in the Intro to the thread:
"The purpose of this list is to fully educate current and prospective owners about any features that are missing and will be added in a future update as confirmed by an official source"

I'm just curious in how official that source is...? Wouldn't bet any money on it though... ;)

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Actally it says in the Intro to the thread:
"The purpose of this list is to fully educate current and prospective owners about any features that are missing and will be added in a future update as confirmed by an official source"

I'm just curious in how official that source is...? Wouldn't bet any money on it though... ;)

Official would be - Microsoft, Windows Phone Team, Joe, etc sort of people I would have thought. So if it comes from any of those, I would bet my money on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Purpose

The purpose of this list is to fully educate current and prospective owners about any features that are missing and will be added in a future update as confirmed by an official source. Hopefully this will avoid frustration and uncertainty since knowing is half the battle.

Missing Features

Copy & Paste (addressed in Update 2)
    Custom ringtones (addressed in Update 4)
    Turn-by-turn Navigation (addressed in Update 4)
    Multitasking (addressed in Update 4)
    Adobe Flash (doubtful)
    HTML5 (addressed in Update 4)
    Silverlight
    Tethering
    Video Calling (addressed in Update 4)
    VoIP Calling
    Smart Dialer
    Mass Storage Mode
    Bluetooth Transfer
    Universal Search (to be addressed in Tango Build)
    System Wide File Manager
    On-device Encryption
    VPN

Official Microsoft Request Forums

User Feature Requests
    Developer Requests
    Bugs & Features

Update History

Update 7.0.7008.0(February 21st 2011)
    • Improvements to the way software updates will be delivered to ensure that the process keeps working smoothly.

Update 7.0.7390.0 - NoDo (March 22nd 2011)
    • Copy & Paste
    • Faster Apps & Games
    • Improved Marketplace
    • WiFi Improvements
    • Microsoft Outlook improvements
    • Messaging Improvements
    • Facebook Intergration
    • Camera Improvements
    • Audio Improvements
    • Other Performance Improvements

Update 7.0.7392.0 - Bug Fix (May 2011)
    • Fix for Fraudulent third-party digital certificates

Update 7.10.7720.68 - Windows Phone 7.5 (Fall 2011)
    • Custom ringtones
    • Visual voicemail
    • New speech commands
    • Email & messaging - threads, conversationale view, linked inboxes
    • People & social networking - groups, increased sharing, integrated Twitter and LinkIn, improved Me Card, history view
    • Multitasking
    • App Connect
    • Improved Live Tiles
    • Improved Marketplace
    • Calendar
    • Improved browser search
    • Local Scout
    • Mall maps
    • Driving directions
    • Camera improvements - picture sharing & tagging, persistent camera settings, redesigned Picture Hub
    • Music & videos - playlists, smart DJ, Podcasts
    • Skydrive
    • Improved Office Hub
    • Onenote to do list
    • Improved Excel
    • Redesigned Game Hub
    • Networking - Wi-Fi hotspot, connect to hidden networks
    • Manage phone from web

Update 7.10.8107.79 - Bug Fixes (Jan 2012)
    • On-screen keyboard - Fixes an issue to prevent the keyboard from disappearing during typing.
    • Email - Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.
    • Location - Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.
    • Security - Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.
    • Email threads - Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.
    • Voicemail - Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.
    DOS hasn't been "built in" to home versions of Windows since Windows XP. Windows ME was built on DOS, but prevented direct access to it in the way previous versions allowed. Enterprise versions of Windows have been based on the NT kernel since the mid-90s.

A large amount of older software is very difficult to use on newer versions of Windows. Windows XP is as old as Windows 95 was in 2005, so it doesn't count as "modern" by any stretch - unless, of course, someone was running Windows 95 on an Athlon 64 X2 in 2005. Windows Vista and Windows 7 have severe compatibility issues with programs written for versions of Windows prior to Windows 2000, and occasionally run into issues with those designed for 2000/XP.

Windows Mobile was dropped because it was considered a failure. It was, to a large degree, an attempt to place a desktop OS on a phone. It simply didn't work well.

Windows Phone 7, though still based on Windows CE, is a completely different platform that makes use of different APIs. Windows Phone 7's relation to Windows Mobile is no closer than Windows 7's relationship to Windows NT 4.0.

Your assertion that "Windows Phone is a fail because people said so" is also flawed. Everyone may have an opinion, but there is certainly a such thing as an invalid opinion. I, for example, am a mathematician. I am not a very creative individual. I see things very logically and algorithmically. I am also colorblind and have absolutely no education, interest, or background in fine art. I can assert that a piece of art is "a fail," but in the end, my opinion is meaningless because my opinion is uninformed and invalid.

The average salesperson has absolutely no idea that there's a difference between Windows Phone and Windows Mobile, not to mention people pushing technology generally have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. Around 2004, going to Best Buy would result in having an Intel Pentium 4-based PC pushed on you, completely ignoring the fact that AMD's offerings at that time were superior in every way.
    Hi there!

Inspired by this topic, i've made a new one on the Portuguese forum Zwame with lots of improvements, including more info about the updates, more included future updates and homebrew alternatives to missing features.

The website is in Portuguese, but you can use Google or Bing translator do check it out!

Here is the link: http://forum.zwame.pt/showthread.php?t=645544

Google Translator (PT to EN): http://translate.google.pt/translat...http://forum.zwame.pt/showthread.php?t=645544

Bing Translator (PT to EN): http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...http://forum.zwame.pt/showthread.php?t=645544

And don't forget to thank me! :D

----
    Camaradas Portuguese passem pelo fórum da Zwame onde coloquei um novo tópico sobre as actualizações do Windows Phone, inspirado neste, mas com uma data de novidades e até alternativas à falta de funcionalidades (homebrew).

Eis a ligação: http://forum.zwame.pt/showthread.php?t=645544

E não se esqueçam de agradecer! :D
    This is only partially fixed.
    Seriously I can only paste once, then it clears the clipboard

That is not fixed, not fixed at all

/edit spelling fail

It doesn't clear the clipboard. Where you see the paste icon slide off to the left, you can slide to the right and bring it back and paste as many times as you want.
    I haven't get update yet. But I afraid that Chervon Tool will be deactivated, too.
    Need more news from ppl who has updated and using Chervon tool...

I took my risk to update it.

Everything goes smoooth... and the Chervon unlock is still there! Walah.... :D
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone