• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Windows Phone Internals updated to version 2.4

Search This thread

DaniDeVega

Jun 23, 2016
Huelva
Not sure about 2.x, but WPI 1.x can flash the phone in emergency mode. Connect the phone, select "restore bootloader", and you should be able to flash the bootloader back

It worked fine. Thanks! I used Windows Phone Internals 1.2 and it solved the brick problem.

I'm still getting the trouble while flashing any Windows 10 Mobile Rom to my Lumia 920. Windows Insider gets "Error while connecting to servers" and Preview for Developers gets "You need to have a Developer account" but I really have my account registered as Developer and Lumia prepared through the tool needed to do it (Can't remember now if it was something called like Windows Kit 8, 8.1, 10, but I really did it well.)

Tried with Custom Roms, stock Roms, but always getting any kind of trouble like "sad icon with blue background", "Couldn't find any bootable option", "bootlooping on Nokia logo", but never gets full booted on W10m, with unlocked bootloader, neither locked bootloader.

Saying first that, I use a NOKIA Lumia 920 (RM-821), in Spain

General info (When this comment was posted)

Brand/Model: Nokia Lumia RM-821_eu_spain_435
Product Code: 059RJ74

Operator: 000-ES
Firmware version: 3051.50009.1451.1005

Questions:

1 - To Re-lock and Unlock Bootloader, must use how reference the official ffu file that used when flashed Windows Phone 8?

2 - Is there any tool available to build a ffu file with EFIESP, MainOS and Data files to use it like reference? ( If not yer, It's very very very strange, few years later since the first ffu appeared in our lives, that nobody found yet the way or the tool to build a ffu with the needed files or resources.)

3 - Must I upgrade first from 8.1 to 10 trying to Interop Unlock and modifying the internal name of my device, before to flash it or get any full upgrade? (I use to don't update NEVER the Extras & Info app, because I read always that it is neccessary to avoid problems, but I'm still getting those LOL).

maruf8

Feb 11, 2015
Rajshahi
my lumia 525 is in emergency mode.. how to get its product code? the letters ito the sticker is faded.. so please tell an alternate way

maruf8

Feb 11, 2015
Rajshahi
You cannot get its product code in emergency mode, but you shouldn't need that for anything anyways. If you want to fix it, any 525 emergency file should work (they are the same)
It doesn't work i already tried thor2 codes

It throwes this error "SAFE hex file was used and unallowed memory address was being written.
Reset the device and use the correct HEX file."

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

You cannot get its product code in emergency mode, but you shouldn't need that for anything anyways. If you want to fix it, any 525 emergency file should work (they are the same)
Then how to return from qhsusb?? Tell me the thor2 code plz

Last edited:

spavlin

Dec 26, 2006
Windows Phone Internals 2.5 released with support for more phones and other fixes

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
A question
I unlocked my 640xl successfully. then updated to win 10 and reset it. Is it normal that the program cannot backup the phone anymore? it looks like that bootloader is locked again.

rashazad

Mar 3, 2011
Nokia 8
WPI Getting Started page says you should relock the bootloader before attempting to update the phone. The update partially relocked your bootloader, so you have to unlock it again. If it's the same as it was on WPI2.3, then you'll have to start with clean-flashing the phone again

If so, it's not possible to backup a win10 rom?
btw thanks for hard works

mattyj!

Aug 7, 2018
Thanks Heathcliff74 for your hard work!

So I noticed that that v2. 5 allows changes to the partition right? So does that mean that the HTC 8X could go to windows 10 possibly - I understand that this is the limiting step for this phone, as it can otherwise handle W10M?

RomLord14495

Sep 28, 2017
Is this normal guys I've never seen this before..my recovery key isn't working ethier.

Attachments

• IMG_20180917_102511_881.jpg
    IMG_20180917_102511_881.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_20180917_101814_616.jpg
    IMG_20180917_101814_616.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 305

marianodelfino

Apr 30, 2015
You didn't check the reset protection status before unlocking? How come?[/
It was off I made sure of it.i just flashed stock and that happened was on a custom rom

If you want to unlock a phone what you do is:

//This is the more important step
1. GET A CLEAN ROM FROM WDRT. Doesn't matter if you have w10m on your device, if your base rom is a 8.1, you get that 8.1 clean from WDRT.
//
2. You unlock with WP internals.
3. Do whatever the **** you want with your device.

RomLord14495

Sep 28, 2017
I know how to unlock a device LMFAO been doing it since wp internals 1.1 Ive already did that lol still does it it's a problem with the reset protection chip in the phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! Windows Phone Internals 2.4 is ready to download. It beats the modern SecureBoot implementation. And furthermore, it brings custom ROM's, Mass Storage Mode, Root access and many more hacks to all Windows Phone 8 and Windows 10 Mobile-based Lumia-models. There is also a new Download-section in the tool, where you can download everything you need for your phone.

Short demo here:
    https://wpinternals.net/index.php/128-introwpi22

Version 2.3 is released:
    https://www.wpinternals.net/index.php/129-wpi23released

Version 2.4 is released (changelog in the link):
    https://wpinternals.net/index.php/130-here-s-windows-phone-internals-2-4

René (Heathcliff74)
    What We do now? Microsoft kidnapped Heathcliff74

Hahaha! No, I'm still alive and kicking. I released that intro video 2 weeks ago, because at that time i was sure i was able to release the tool within a few days. I still haven't released the tool yet, so I owe a little explanation.

Two weeks ago I was just wrapping up some final pieces of code. But there was a problem with the implementation of the bootloader unlock. It had to do with updatability. When the bootloader was unlocked, the phone could not be updated anymore, which makes sense. But after relocking the phone, the phone still couldn't be updated anymore. That means, that when the phone was unlocked once, it could never be updated anymore, unless you would flash a stock ROM and start over. I realized the impact of this problem later on. Because many Lumia models only have WP 8.1 based stock ROM's and the update-process from WP 8.1 to the current W10M build is painfully long. Doing experiments this way would be agonizing. And this implementation would never be useful for people who want to use this on a phone which they still want to update regularly.

So I was looking for a solution for this problem. It took me a while to get it right. I needed a new hack and many attempts to get it implemented correctly. But I have fixed it now. I still need to finalize some stuff, but it is almost ready. If I wouldn't have been able to fix this shortly, I would have released the tool without this, but that would really have been a big disappointment for me. Because you only make a first impression once.

If I knew all this in advance, I would have waited to release that intro-video. I mean, I worked on this for two years already. And I've worked on this in silence all that time. Because I knew that when I would publish about my progress, I would also get questions about ETA's all the time. And I simply can't answer them. I need to focus on my work. I didn't release that video to tease a lot of people and then sneak out again on purpose. I'm just as anxious as others to release this tool. And now that I have this problem fixed, I guess I can release the tool soon. But you got to realize that it is important for me to test everything properly. It is important to get it right, or else phones get bricked. So, it is ready when it is ready. Sorry to test your patience. Hang in there just a bit longer.

Heathcliff

PS. I will try to answer all other questions when I release the tool. No time now.
    Hey Heathcliff74, Please is there a fix to turn off reset protection after what you software has caused to many Lumia phones? It be nice if you could build a program that does a cross scan between each device IMEI and upon Microsoft Reset protection status site that states on there site that is off which will force it off on a phone that should have been off? Or at least give us something were we can disable Reset Protection. The bypass solution is a pain even though that works. Though not idea to do for any owner of a Lumia especially for us Lumia 950/XL owners.

Wow, wow, wow! Hold it right there! The tool is full of warnings. And when you started the tool for the first time, you agreed to the Disclaimer. This text is a part of the Disclaimer-text of the Windows Phone Internals tool:

This software is a "proof of concept" tool which uses dangerous and largely untested techniques on Windows Phones ("Target Devices"). By using this tool the target device may start showing unstable behavior and crashes. There is significant and real potential that irreversible permanent damage will occur on some devices. As such this tool must only be used against target devices which it is acceptable for such damage to occur (for example retired devices used only for test purposes). This tool should not be used against target devices, which are intended as your primary means of telecommunications, because in some circumstances you may not be able to place calls (including calls for emergency services), or you may experience increased data charges. Use of this tool may void the warranty of any chosen target device.

It is not my software who caused problems. You took the risk and used the software on your phone. So YOU caused the problem and YOU are responsible for the problem!

That said, I investigated the issue. Reset Protection is only present on US phones. So I was not aware of how it could be triggered, because I am not from the US. To prevent the issue, I made changes to WPinternals 2.4. It will try to backup the Reset Protection Response Data and restore it when the bootloader is restored. So there should be no new cases of this problem when using version 2.4.

There are a couple of ways to get around Reset Protection. Some people already succeeded by using a certain ROM version in combination with Interop Tools but that is indeed very cumbersome. I contact users all the time to help with various problems. Not because I feel obliged. Just because I want to help.

René
    Windows Phone Internals 2.3 is released!

Version 2.3 is released:
    https://www.wpinternals.net/index.php/129-wpi23released

Heathcliff74
    Will this work on any w10m build or we will have to downgrade to an specific version(i'm at 15254.12 in both 635 and 550)??

WPI only works on supported OS versions. Version 15254.1 and 15254.12 are both supported.

So HTC one m8 for windows is suporrted?

HTC One M8, HP Elite X3 and Alcatel Idol 4S are not supported. It would take me a lot of time to research. I have to see which hacks are compatible. And where I would need to find new hacks. I don't think I will have time to do this, unfortunately.

Will the new WP Internals work with my Lumia 730 now?
    It will support lumia 635??
    If this is the case, then for sure the 1520...I hope...
    Any chance this could work on the Lumia 435?

WPI 2.2 still supports all old Lumia's. It is now also successfully tested on Lumia 1520, 435, 550, 630, 640, 650, 830, 930, 950 and 950 XL. So I think it is fair to say that it works on all Lumia's.

Heathcliff74,
    First of all, thanks for the hard work you've put into this. Quick question: If you unlock the bootloader and gain root access, can you remove root access and re-lock the bootloader? (I'm assuming you can, but I'd like to verify). I like the fact W10M is a secure OS. I would only want to unlock the bootloader and gain root access on a temporary basis.

Yes, this is possible. However, there are still some issues with updates after having relocked the phone. I'm working hard on a fix for that.

With this tool, will it be theoretically possible to install Windows 10 on ARM on i.e 950xl, when it's released?

In theory.. yes. But you would need to merge the drivers into the OS. Not an easy thing to do.

Heathcliff74.