[WINDOWS][TOOL]Fire Toolbox V11.1

jaflame

Oct 2, 2020
I'm trying to install the original google calculator but the play store says device incompatible. I tried downloading the apk ones but there are parse errors when opening the downloaded file. The other calculator i tried is the xioami one but that one crashes and doesn't work. The rest of the calculator apps are crap to me. Any solutions?

Falcon342

Aug 24, 2020
I'm trying to install the original google calculator but the play store says device incompatible. I tried downloading the apk ones but there are parse errors when opening the downloaded file. The other calculator i tried is the xioami one but that one crashes and doesn't work. The rest of the calculator apps are crap to me. Any solutions?
Its possible that all of the calculator apps your trying have the same package name as the stock calculator (the stock calculator package name is "com.android.calculator2")

I would recommend trying Simple Calculator its a free and open source app (you can also get it from f-droid a appstore for open source apps) link:

But you do need this app to be able to customize the colors link:
(The app is light 5.8MB and you can have the icon removed from your launcher)

Reactions: Datastream33

jaflame

Oct 2, 2020
Its possible that all of the calculator apps your trying have the same package name as the stock calculator (the stock calculator package name is "com.android.calculator2")

I would recommend trying Simple Calculator
I didn't like it. The Google and xioami calculator has the result show at real-time on the bottom without having to press the equal button=. That's one of the things I love over the other apps.

blaacksheep

Jun 20, 2020
Buffalo
I didn't like it. The Google and xioami calculator has the result show at real-time on the bottom without having to press the equal button=. That's one of the things I love over the other apps.
You know you can re-enable the stock FireOS calculator in the Manage Amazon Apps section of the Toolbox. Even if you don't like that particular calculator, the Xioami and Google calculators will both install with the stock Calc enabled on my FireHD10 (2019).

edit: I was speaking of the apps from the Google Play store, just to clarify.

Last edited:

mirek54

Dec 21, 2013
You know you can re-enable the stock FireOS calculator in the Manage Amazon Apps section of the Toolbox. Even if you don't like that particular calculator, the Xioami and Google calculators will both install with the stock Calc enabled on my FireHD10 (2019).
I have installed xiaomi calculator on my FireHD8 (2028) too

vonichi

Jan 20, 2014
Dusted and reformated to stock my fire hd10 and and this tool makes the usually tedious steps into making it usable very very easy. Thank you very much.

ronald_halbal

Mar 1, 2014
good day everyone.
I just tried to debloat and install play services on my son's fire tablet (7th 2019)
it said successful after performing the modification, but now its stuck at "Fire is starting" screen.....can anyone assist? please?

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
good day everyone.
I just tried to debloat and install play services on my son's fire tablet (7th 2019)
it said successful after performing the modification, but now its stuck at "Fire is starting" screen.....can anyone assist? please?

This usually happens when Fire Launcher is disabled, and no alternative launchers are installed. At this point, would you like a custom launcher such as Nova Launcher, Evie Launcher, Lawnchair Launcher, or Microsoft Launcher? or would you like to keep Fire Launcher?

Whatever you decide to do is entirely up to you. Installing a new launcher can be done from the Custom Launcher tool. Where as restoring Fire Launcher can also be done from the Custom Launcher tool as well.

Here's how to restore Fire Launcher:
  • Launch the Toolbox (V11.0 is required).
  • Execute the Custom Launcher tool from the first page of the Toolbox.
  • Click the Tool Options icon to open the additional options context menu (the little : icon at the upper-right)
  • Wait a few seconds for the Toolbox to check the status of fire Launcher and if detected as disabled will allow you to Restore Fire Launcher by enabling the button to be clicked.
  • Click the button, and the Toolbox will begin to Restore Fire Launcher.

That should do the trick. If you need further help please do let me know! Best of luck! :) 🤞

Reactions: ronald_halbal

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
Dusted and reformated to stock my fire hd10 and and this tool makes the usually tedious steps into making it usable very very easy. Thank you very much.
Hey, happy to hear you find the Toolbox useful and are satisfied with what it has to offer! :D

Hope you are having a great Sunday so far!

pfeels

Jan 20, 2012
www.findingaltongass.com
I'm sure this has been talked about and is on the forum somewhere so if someone could send me a link I'd appreciate it. I did the Fire Toolbox v11 last night and set up my Amazon HD 10 tablet. Everything was perfect. Woke up this morning and the tablet is back to all the icons I removed the night before plus the new ones I added, Google play, Nova etc. Plus the top of the screen says the usual amazon catagories.

Is there a way to keep it so just NOVA works? IS this caused by auto updates or something similar?

Thanks again!

jcp2

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
I'm sure this has been talked about and is on the forum somewhere so if someone could send me a link I'd appreciate it. I did the Fire Toolbox v11 last night and set up my Amazon HD 10 tablet. Everything was perfect. Woke up this morning and the tablet is back to all the icons I removed the night before plus the new ones I added, Google play, Nova etc. Plus the top of the screen says the usual amazon catagories.

Is there a way to keep it so just NOVA works? IS this caused by auto updates or something similar?

Thanks again!
It sounds like it updated itself. Re-run the Toolbox and redo the settings as you like, and make sure to select 'disable automatic updates'.

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
I'll give it a try, Thank you!
Yep! @jcp2 is entirely correct! You will need to toggle off OTAs and Automatic Updates.

Disabling OTAs can be done like this:
1. Open the Toolbox.
2. Execute the Modify System Settings tool.
3. Click the toggle button next to Automatic Updates, and OTA Updates.

That should do it! :D

Reactions: jcp2

decosse

Jan 7, 2018
Is there something like this available for the Amazon Show Devices?
(or is it possible to include these also within this Toolbox ?)
I'd really like to get rid of the timeout back to the home screen and leave an Actiontiles screen on it as an interface
(I have this on a FIre Tablet, but would like to use similarly on a small Show as a Remote Terminal, mostly for my Alarm System Status)

Devix666

Jan 26, 2021
Debian Linux user here.

So I tried setting this up on a windows 10 VM and the toolbox doesn't detect the Fire 7 Tablet. I have the extension for virtualbox added, USB is enabled, and despite the drivers being installed. I get a code 10 error via device manager which is why the toolbox won't detect it as it won't start or prompt USB debugging as soon as I plug it in. It says its enabled when plugged but no fingerprint prompt or anything that it would usually do when its plugged into the computer.

blaacksheep

Jun 20, 2020
Buffalo
Debian Linux user here.

So I tried setting this up on a windows 10 VM and the toolbox doesn't detect the Fire 7 Tablet. I have the extension for virtualbox added, USB is enabled, and despite the drivers being installed. I get a code 10 error via device manager which is why the toolbox won't detect it as it won't start or prompt USB debugging as soon as I plug it in. It says its enabled when plugged but no fingerprint prompt or anything that it would usually do when its plugged into the computer.
Do you have Developer Options and USB Debugging enabled on the tablet?

Youngtusk

Apr 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a Fire HD 8 2018 (8th Gen I think?). Every time I try to sign into Google Play Services i get stuck in a loop.

After adding my email and password, it briefly says checking info, then goes back to the Play sign in screen. I know something is happening because I get a notification from Gmail that I was signed in to the device, but it seems to instantly sign me out or something else.

I have tried uninstalling all Google services, restarting, reinstalling, waiting 10-15 minutes, and then signing in again, but still stuck in this loop

For what it's worth, the same exact thing has happened to me when manually downloading and installing the Google service APKs. I was hoping this toolbox would work around this issue, but it seems to be happening here too.

Any suggestions? Seems like Amazon is somehow instantly signing me out of Google Play services.

Thanks,

EDIT: This is embarrassing. It took a simple Factory Reset to fix this issue. Once I reset, this tool worked in no time.

For anyone having Google sign in Loop issues, I hope you see this and try a factory reset.

Last edited: