[WINDOWS][TOOL]Fire Toolbox V11.1

Devix666

Jan 26, 2021
Do you have Developer Options and USB Debugging enabled on the tablet?
Yeah, Dev options are unlocked and so is USB Debugging. It just doesn't seem to prompt me when it's plugged into the VM. On the Linux Distro, it'd work fine, but when being passed through to the Windows 10 VM I get the "cannot start" error when I view the device in the device manager.

trav06

Apr 25, 2013
I've been having an issue lately where apps on my tablet Fire HD 10 (2019) won't update via the Play Store. I have a huge queue of pending updates and none of them ever make progress. I've tried clearing Play Store data and cache, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the Play Store framework. Any ideas?

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
I've been having an issue lately where apps on my tablet Fire HD 10 (2019) won't update via the Play Store. I have a huge queue of pending updates and none of them ever make progress. I've tried clearing Play Store data and cache, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the Play Store framework. Any ideas?
I would try disabling wifi and then force close the Play Store, and Download Manager from the settings app. Then re-enable WiFi, and give it another try.

If that doesn't work maybe try manually clearing the data/cache for Play Store, play services, play framework, and download manager. Should hopefully resolve the issue. Do let me know how things go and if you require additional assistance. Best of luck! 🤞

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
Yeah, Dev options are unlocked and so is USB Debugging. It just doesn't seem to prompt me when it's plugged into the VM. On the Linux Distro, it'd work fine, but when being passed through to the Windows 10 VM I get the "cannot start" error when I view the device in the device manager.
I seem to recall having the same issues you are experiencing. For what ever reason, Virtualbox does not play nice with USB Debugging over USB. No matter what i tried, i couldn't get mine to work either. If you don't mind, I think you'd have much more success with VMWare instead.

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
Where is the " Modify System Settings " located? I'm trying to disable the updates.
Yep, as pointed out by @AntwonJenkins you will find the Modify System Settings tool on the second page of the Toolbox. To switch to the second page, look in the bottom right hand corner (on the Main Menu 1) of the Toolbox and click the > icon to proceed to the next page. To return to page one again, just click the < icon.

Reactions: AntwonJenkins

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have a Fire HD 8 2018 (8th Gen I think?). Every time I try to sign into Google Play Services i get stuck in a loop.

After adding my email and password, it briefly says checking info, then goes back to the Play sign in screen. I know something is happening because I get a notification from Gmail that I was signed in to the device, but it seems to instantly sign me out or something else.

I have tried uninstalling all Google services, restarting, reinstalling, waiting 10-15 minutes, and then signing in again, but still stuck in this loop

For what it's worth, the same exact thing has happened to me when manually downloading and installing the Google service APKs. I was hoping this toolbox would work around this issue, but it seems to be happening here too.

Any suggestions? Seems like Amazon is somehow instantly signing me out of Google Play services.

Thanks,

EDIT: This is embarrassing. It took a simple Factory Reset to fix this issue. Once I reset, this tool worked in no time.

For anyone having Google sign in Loop issues, I hope you see this and try a factory reset.
Ah, I see you've managed to fix the issue. Nice work! In addition, thank you for sharing your experience and the solution! :D

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
Is there something like this available for the Amazon Show Devices?
(or is it possible to include these also within this Toolbox ?)
I'd really like to get rid of the timeout back to the home screen and leave an Actiontiles screen on it as an interface
(I have this on a FIre Tablet, but would like to use similarly on a small Show as a Remote Terminal, mostly for my Alarm System Status)
Hey, how's it going?

Unfortuently, the Toolbox doesn't support any other devices besides the Fire Tablets at the moment. Perhaps, one day the list of supported devices will expand to other similar devices! I'm terribly sorry friend!

Reactions: decosse

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
I had the same struggle - several computers, several cords, several kindles. I knew that all the cords I used supported data transfer (some only support charing). I finally got one that worked, and it did have a much snugger fit into the kindle than the other cords I tried. All of my cords were generic extras. The take away is that they are built different! I was finally able to get my computer to detect our fire 8 and 10, both 7th gen, after much frustration.
I'm terribly sorry for the frustration the whole situation has caused you. I'm just thrilled to hear that you've managed to find a resolution, and the Toolbox is finally working! :D

Devix666

Jan 26, 2021
I seem to recall having the same issues you are experiencing. For what ever reason, Virtualbox does not play nice with USB Debugging over USB. No matter what i tried, i couldn't get mine to work either. If you don't mind, I think you'd have much more success with VMWare instead.
I'll have to give that a try. First time I've heard of VMWare.

AntwonJenkins

Sep 26, 2010
SC
Regarding Device Dashboard icon on lock screen...

It was driving me nuts on my child's tablet. (My OCD got the best of me.) I realized she didn't need or even use the lock screen. I found a way to disable it for anyone else interested.

Using Activity Launcher:
1. Install Activity Launcher from Google Play or APKPure

2. Open Activity Launcher

3. Scroll down, select Settings and find the activity Settings$ScreenLockSuggestionActivity

4. If in lock screen settings, select None

This was all thanks to @AmznUser444 Dev

Reactions: blaacksheep

trav06

Apr 25, 2013
I would try disabling wifi and then force close the Play Store, and Download Manager from the settings app. Then re-enable WiFi, and give it another try.

If that doesn't work maybe try manually clearing the data/cache for Play Store, play services, play framework, and download manager. Should hopefully resolve the issue. Do let me know how things go and if you require additional assistance. Best of luck! 🤞
The "Downloads" app was the problem. I force stopped it and cleared data and cache, then everything started downloading and installing from the play store. The only problem now is that removing the play store and framework while attempting to fix this seems to have broken the link with all of my apps and the play store. Previously there were like 30 apps with pending play store updates that no longer try to update via the play store.

UPDATE: I manually browsed to an app in the play store that I had installed and it showed the update option there. I clicked that thinking I was going to have to do this for every app to bridge it back to the play store but while that app was updating the rest of my apps started populating back into the play store and I just started the bulk update of all of them. The updates did get stuck in "pending" again at the start but clearing the data/cache of the Amazon "Downloads" app cleared the bottleneck. I don't know if my experience is a one off or if it's indicative of a wider spread issue with Downloads that should be investigated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Datastream33

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
Regarding Device Dashboard icon on lock screen...

It was driving me nuts on my child's tablet. (My OCD got the best of me.) I realized she didn't need or even use the lock screen. I found a way to disable it for anyone else interested.

Using Activity Launcher:
1. Install Activity Launcher from Google Play or APKPure

2. Open Activity Launcher

3. Scroll down, select Settings and find the activity Settings$ScreenLockSuggestionActivity

4. If in lock screen settings, select None

This was all thanks to @AmznUser444 Dev
Wow, nice find @AmznUser444 Dev and thank you @AntwonJenkins for sharing the information and steps! :D

Reactions: AntwonJenkins

AntwonJenkins

Sep 26, 2010
SC
Wow, nice find @AmznUser444 Dev and thank you @AntwonJenkins for sharing the information and steps! :D
There is also an ADB command you can use to disable the lock screen you which you might consider adding to your toolbox but doesn't appear to work with all Fire variations, hence me having to use the previously stated approach.

Disable via ADB:

1. Enable ADB in developer options

2. Connection your Fire tablet to your PC

3. Enter this command
Code:
adb shell
settings put secure lockscreen_disabled 1

4. Reboot
Code:
adb reboot

Although I do believe you might be able to achieve the same thing the Activity Launcher app does and expand it to more devices for your toolbox. I assume it's basically just doing the same thing ADB code.

Last edited:

SteveAZ

Jan 28, 2021
was anyone able to update from 10.2 to 11.0 of the tool? just keep getting an error that it failed so i just clean installed 11.0.
I had to clean install.

I notice there is no longer any version for 'Fire Toolbox' in the start menu, unlike the previous which was 'Fire Toolbox v10'

I was previous running the version from FTB_V10.0_Installer.exe (17th dec)

Reactions: maxq1

decosse

Jan 7, 2018
I'm struggling with location services not working after Playstore install in a Fire HD 10 9th gen generation
(it's really screwing up my ability to get Smartthings working properly and linking to SharpTools correctly)

Admittedly I had initially installed the 4 google apks individually (not from the Toolbox) and then subsequently deleted them (although I'm not sure whether I first deleted the cache & data first)
Then I installed Playstore from the Toolbox
I just cannot get the Location services to work!

From this thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-google-location-services-march-2019.3813111/ - it says to use the Google Apks listed - should I use those or will the Toolbox method be OK? I tried to change the 'location_providers_allowed' value, but it wouldn't update.

So my first question is - will the PlayStore installation from the Toolbox give the Location Services issue?
If not, what do I need to do to fix this:
Clear cache and data from each of the 4 google apps
then what
Just go ahead & install from toolbox? Or use the files per the linked thread?

Then what - do I need to do anything else?

Thanks for any assistance!

p.s. I just removed the 4 google apps and re-started and the location service still is not working
Please don't tell me I have to reset the device and start all over?

Last edited: