[WINDOWS][TOOL]Fire Toolbox V14.0

Search This thread

Crodley

Jun 2, 2010
You need to place the file in a pre-existing installation. Meaning if you have Toolbox V14.2 installed you need to place the micropatch in that directory. Default path for installations is: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Datastream\Fire Toolbox Vx.x\

Where the x's above represents the toolbox version (example 14.2)
That worked, thanks so much!!! 🎶

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
Can another person confirm if the micropatch works as well? Just making sure before putting out the new build. (after fixing the Updater of course)

schalli110

Dec 12, 2009
Micropatch out 🤞
I've tried 14.3 and it worked (downloaded the "PlayServices-9.0_x32.7z") and installed the apps, but while cleaning up, the toolbox deleted the file "GoogleServices.7z", so on my second tablet, installation failed.
I was able to reinstall the toolbox (which restored "GoogleServices.7z") and install the Google apps on the second tablet, but observed the same file deletion happening.
Looks like something's off in your cleanup logic.

Other than that, good work!

Reactions: Datastream33

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
I've tried 14.3 and it worked (downloaded the "PlayServices-9.0_x32.7z") and installed the apps, but while cleaning up, the toolbox deleted the file "GoogleServices.7z", so on my second tablet, installation failed.
I was able to reinstall the toolbox (which restored "GoogleServices.7z") and install the Google apps on the second tablet, but observed the same file deletion happening.
Looks like something's off in your cleanup logic.

Other than that, good work!
One step at a time I suppose. Thank for bringing this to my attention, and I'll be sure to look into it. :D

@Datastream33 I wanted to do a double thank you for putting this Toolbox together. Double because after I used it to set up a tablet for my three year old great-grandson, I went in and ran it on a Fire HD 10 that I'd set up myself and had been using for a year, and danged if I wasn't able to get rid of Launcher Hijack and a bunch of other stuff I wasn't crazy about and add in a few more hacks I didn't even know about before.

Keep up the good work!

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
@Datastream33 I wanted to do a double thank you for putting this Toolbox together. Double because after I used it to set up a tablet for my three year old great-grandson, I went in and ran it on a Fire HD 10 that I'd set up myself and had been using for a year, and danged if I wasn't able to get rid of Launcher Hijack and a bunch of other stuff I wasn't crazy about and add in a few more hacks I didn't even know about before.

Keep up the good work!
Why, thank you so much! It overjoys me to hear that you're enjoying the Toolbox and what it has to offer! Thanks for taking the time to share your appreciation, it really does mean the world to me! :D

Datastream33

Sep 17, 2017
Ok, I've updated the links for V14.0 to include all micropatches and bugfixes. Please let me know if you come across any other issues. I also want to thank you guys so much for being patient and so understanding when it comes to the mess that V14 brought. In addition, thank you so much for providing the command outputs... It really helped immensely! YOU GUYS ROCK! :D

rokes_h

Aug 20, 2020
Ok, I've updated the links for V14.0 to include all micropatches and bugfixes. Please let me know if you come across any other issues. I also want to thank you guys so much for being patient and so understanding when it comes to the mess that V14 brought. In addition, thank you so much for providing the command outputs... It really helped immensely! YOU GUYS ROCK! :D
High Five Datastream33,

have been following this thread for a while now and can say you are a great Dev and seem to love what you do.

my very first fire tablet arrived yesterday and i just downloaded the freshly updated toolbox v14 .
i read all the hints and just let it guide me.
its like magic, the good type.
now my tablet is bloat free and great and it only took a few clicks.

thank you so much Sir for your great work!

rokesh
writing from my amazon fire 10 2019 Android Tablet GT

oryx.callotis

Apr 8, 2021
Not a big deal, but I've been using the downgraded launcher, with Lawnchair2 launcher and I have to double tap the home key to actually get to the home screen. The first tap tries to bring the home screen up, but the current app comes back immediately, would be even better if the first tap brought the home screen up straightaway.

Great program either way.

alchemista2

Apr 6, 2021
I think maybe Datastream33 should include a note about disabling OTA updates either in his first post or in the Toolbox itself. Every time Amazon pushes an update, everybody who didn't disable OTA updates flocks to the forums and complains that they had to run the Toolbox again.
Using v14.0 just downloaded this morning that shows build date today (4/8 12:22am)

OTA Updates will not disable. Automatic updates are disabled, OTA Updates stay stuck on Enabled even after clicking it - no error message.

I did test on the tablet, and check now says "No updates found" so it is indeed still enabled.

HD 8 (2020), 7.3.1.8 (it looks like this firmware version may no longer work for OTA disabling? if so, suggest adding that to the instructions and/or tool text)

Last edited:

hollow0000

Apr 8, 2021
I can't seem to debloat/hide any of the Amazon apps. I tried Complete Debloat, Standard, and manually hiding an app, but the Amazon apps are still there in the launcher.

I'm using Fire HD 8 Plus (10th gen), 7.3.1.7

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!

Letitride

May 6, 2010
Metro NY/NE Region
Ok, I've updated the links for V14.0 to include all micropatches and bugfixes. Please let me know if you come across any other issues ... YOU GUYS ROCK! :D

I am very happy to report that based on the latest release (V14.x) that I am able to successfully uninstall and then reinstall/update Google Play Store on 2 devices -
has been keeping my/our devices as current as possible, was done via V13.1 before

2019 HD10 went from Play Store 24.6.31-32/PR34955343 to 24.7.20-21/PR366188017

2020 HD8 (on Fire OS 7.3.1.3) as well, and it just patched and undated Play Store, without having to manually uninstall and then reinstall. It recognized that the latest has been downloaded, simply went to "Extract" and then INstall Play Framework, then Play Services, install Account Manager and then finally install Play Store (same changes as above). Then, it launched Google Play Store with message to wait about 10 minutes before signing in ... and, just like HD10 - had a few Apps to update. Reboot devices and it is all good.

Still has a 3rd HD8 sitting here on the side, going to do that later - just so to have a baseline & reference point to go/fall back to, in case of errors or someone need a bit of help to check.

BTW, on a different & side note/off topic - I toss the towel in on the rooted/BL unlocked 2017 HD8 / Gen 7 - traded it back to Amazon for the much newer HD10 with the price dropped down to $95 + tax. Got an instant credit of $20 in Gift Card value and mailed in the old HD8, factory reset & put the original firmware on it - got $19 on the 20% allowance ... with another $3 bonus Gift card value elsewhere - my net cost came to about $56 with tax. It's a nice deal - almost 2/3 off its original "full" selling price. Got a decent case to protect it and with the Toolbox kit - it is all good, faster & more responsive; and, I can sideload and run more apps. HD8 2017 running Android 5 and even with newer/better custom Rom, just too far behind & struggled to keep up - Android 9 customized for the newer HD8's and 10's are better, superior and more responsive.

Again, Datastream33 - with sincere appreciation and mucho thank you for tackling the challenges to make Amazon's Android life experience for end users like us a breeze !

neFAST

Nov 9, 2013
I am very happy to report that based on the latest release (V14.x) that I am able to successfully uninstall and then reinstall/update Google Play Store on 2 devices -
has been keeping my/our devices as current as possible, was done via V13.1 before
Since the tool was broken yesterday, I used v13.1. Now how can I update? the button shows 'Google services (manage)' instead of 'Google services (install)' What have you done?

Top Liked Posts

apology first if this is off topics. after i use firetool on my system, i notice two unknown icons on my screen. I have done search but could find nothing relevant. i hope someone can shed me light on these two. One pops up once in a while on top right of system notification. it shapes like a compass arrow and only appears for a few seconds and gone. A typical navbar layout only have 3 icons: left arrow, home button and an apps view button but mine has an extra one on the bottom left corner. it shapes like a house and inside have two toggles, left one pointing up and right pointing down. i click on it but see no visible changes. no idea what it is
    Can you share a screenshot of the unknown icons, the house icon on the navbar is for amazon smart devices the reason its not working for you is because the toolbox disabled it, I believe you can disable the navbar via the toolbox and use a third party one if the house icon bothers you that much.
    On most tablets, you have the option to choose "none" when choosing the method to unlock the lock screen. Then you can then turn the screen off and on without seeing the lock screen at all. Is there anyway to accomplish this on the HD 10 9th?
    That option has just been added to the Toolbox V14. It's under Lockscreen Management, and it's the third option - Disable Lockscreen.
    How's it going guys?

I sincerely hope everyone is having a great Sunday so far and you continue to have a blessed day!

Excitingly, version 13.0 of the Fire Toolbox has been launched. When it comes to this update, I have to say it might be one of my favorites! So let's dive deeper and see what V13 brings to the table!

The Return of Themes!​

In the batch version, theming support was added in V2.0 and it kind of makes me laugh with the realization that it took this long for the .vbs version to obtain theming support. All be it, it was a little more difficult so I guess that's why? Anyways, unlike its batch counter part, not all themes are there. Currently the Toolbox supports the Terminal (the theme you know and love) and the Classic Blue (the OG theme from batch Toolbox) themes. More themes are planned to be added in the future, and I'm even thinking about letting the user create a custom theme but we will see. When you first launch V13.0 you will be asked to set a theme and from here you can select what theme you prefer. Furthermore, if you'd like to change the theme down the road you can do so from the Theme category in the Settings. I hope this spices things up a little bit!

Modify System Settings and the New System UI Subtool.​

Introducing a new subtool for the Modify System Settings tool. This subtool is designed to manipulate certain aspects of the System UI such as the system clock, Power Notifications, Do Not Disturb, etc. Its also important to note that the Navigation Bar option has been removed from the General subtool and added to the System UI subtool instead. I've also taken the liberty of optimizing the code for both subtools. However, please note the System UI subtool is designed for generations 8 and above (simply because it changes strings that don't exist in previous gens), but don't worry... gens 7 and below can still modify the Navigation Bar as usual. Hey, while your in the Modify System Settings tool don't forget to check out the new switches that replaced the boring old buttons.

Sideload Apps: Installing to new users and presenting error codes​

You know, if only we could find a way for users to stick after reboots. If you aren't aware, one of the tools in the Toolbox that is designed to create and manage users is the User Management tool (self explanatory i suppose and you probably worked out what the tool does but i digress). You may be wondering... "what does the User Management tool have to do with the Sideload Apps tool?" well you'd be asking a legitimate question and I suppose I should get to the point! Well, in this update the ability to install apps to different users (other then the default user like in the past) has been added. However, It's unfortunate because users created by the User Management tool simply are deleted after a restart... meaning this addition of sideloading apps to others users doesn't have a use quite yet. However, Installing to Toolbox created users, and Freetime users are all in the works and this addition is just a step closer... but we will see if either of these solutions are doable to begin with.

In addition, the tool has been reworked and as a result, error codes are now able to be produced in the event of a failed installation. Meaning, when an install fails you will now see the reason why and can act accordingly. I will admit though, this probably should of been added a long time ago but hey what can you do?

Wait, that's not everything this update has to offer! Please take a look at the changelog below for further details!
    Changelog (V13.0)

• Themes: Reintroduced themes and added theming engine.
    • Settings: Added the "Classic Blue" theme.
    • Startup: On first run, the user is now given the oppertunity to select a theme.
    • Startup: Checking for updates will now occur even if there is no Fire tablet connected.
    • Modify System Settings: Replaced buttons with switches.
    • Sideload Apps: Sideload error codes are now displayed when a sideload fails.
    • Sideload Apps: Added ability to install apps to other users.
    • Modify System Settings: Added System UI subtool.
    • Modify System Settings: Moved Navigation Bar from General to System UI.
    • TBShell: Updated to include recently added settings.

Don't have V13.0 installed yet? What are you waiting for? I'd recommend installing V13.0 directly from V12.1's Updater, simply because not only will it save you time, but it will also save you storage! If for some reason you don't have V12.1 installed you can download Toolbox V13.0 from the Downloads section of the OP!

Traditionally, its time for my favorite part of the update process... letting you guys know just how much I appreciate how awesome this community is, the wonderful support you show me and each other, and the amazing folks who've helped me out with a warm pot of joe! THANK YOU so much for everything and I truly feel honored to be able to be a part of this amazing community and to meet such fantastic people! All of this is what keeps the project going!

Well, I believe I've gone on long enough! I hope you guys enjoy the new update and until next time... Peace! :D
    How's it going everyone? I hope you all are having a great Easter Sunday so far!

Let's talk about today's release, and check out the most noteworthy changes in detail! Without further ado, let's get into it!

Google Services Rework​

Ah, the Google Services tool. A tool that massively needed a rework!

I originally thought that all Google Services would update themselves in the background, and it seems that I couldn't have been more wrong. I soon realized that only the Play Store would update itself, while the remaining services stayed at their installed versions. This was a problem because In previous versions, the Toolbox would install services targeted at Android Lollipop. This meant if you were using a 10th gen device you were running outdated versions of Play Services... which could result in some interesting effects. One of these side effects being the inability to install purchased apps and use in app purchases.

The rework now takes all of this into account. So, instead of sideloading the Lollipop apks like in the past... it downloads the correct Play Services targeted at your tablet's Android version and installs them. This ensures you are running services designed around your Android version. In addition, I'm also happy to announce that this also results in app purchases being restored, and purchased apps being downloadable without needing to install Play Games on your tablet. I'd also recommend those who have already installed Play Services with a previous version of the Toolbox, uninstall and re-install Play Services using Toolbox V14.0.

Automate - Premium (In-app purchase)

Installing Play Services with V13.1:
    BeforeV14.jpg

Installing Play Services with V14.0:
    AfterV14.jpg

Toolbox Updater Upgrade​

When releasing the micropatch for V13.0 not too long ago I soon realized another (i know, i know you are probably tired of me complaining about the Updater not being perfect) issue that was in fact, effecting the way updates are pushed out. I soon realized that it was either the micropatch or the update, as the Updater wasn't capable of handling both at the same time. Meaning, if a micropatch was pushed out... it would overwrite the update and prevent folks who haven''t downloaded it from doing so... as the micropatch would show up instead.
    Well in V14.0 this issue has been resolved and the Updater is now capable of handling both Updates and Micropatches at the same time!

The New and Improved Welcome Tour!​

I've decided it was time to update the Welcome Tour and give it a more impactful approach. Instead of living in the Welcome Screen, it will now display before the Welcome Screen and guide the user through the UI using a more unique method (you'll have to see it for yourself to understand what I mean). I'm just hoping this tour helps new users understand the Ui more easier then the previous one, and plus, I gotta say its kind of fun to play around with!

Reduced File Sizes​

Yeah, you read that right! The main goal of this update was to try and reduce the overall storage taken up by the Toolbox and it's files and I have to say... I think that goal was reached!

Installation File:
    • Before: 321.50 MB
    • After: 115.70 MB
    Archived Version:
    • Before: 370 MB
    • After: 145 MB
    Toolbox Installation (installed/unarchived)
    • Toolbox V13.1 and below: 500 MB
    • Toolbox V14.0: 215 MB

Toolbox Web Browser:​

In this update, the browser has been updated to allow resizing of the window! This should help with those websites that just need a little more space (*cough* ApkPure *cough*). In addition, the bug causing the "Loading Webpage..." message to appear even after the webpage is fully loaded has been squashed! Hopefully these changes makes using the Toolbox's browser a more enjoyable experience!

Wait, that's not everything this update has to offer! Please take a look at the changelog below for further details!
    Fire Toolbox V14.0 - Changelog

• Toolbox Updater: Rewritten from the ground up for better performance,reliability, and update detection.
    • Toolbox Updater: Micropatches and updates are now seperated, and managed independently.
    • Push and Pull: Added additional details to the pulling/pushing prompt.
    • Google Services: Reworked and improved.
    • Google Services: The correct Play Service file(s) relating to your tablet's Android version are now downloaded and installed.
    • Welcome Tour: Reworked and improved the tour and its UI.
    • Modify System Settings: Removed the category selection on launch, and replaced it with a tabbed system.
    • Toolbox Webbrowser: The window is now scalable.
    • Toolbox Webbrowser: Fixed the "Loading Webpage..." message being visible after the webpage has finished loading.

Haven't downloaded V14.0 yet? Head on over to the Downloads section of the OP and get you V14.0!

I want to thank you guys SO MUCH for sticking around, showing your support, downloading and using the Toolbox, supporting the project with donations, and just being all around great people! As I've always stated, it's what keeps this lovely project going! :D

Well, that's all I've got for now and until next time guys... Peace!
    Alright, that was quite painful!

Anyways, upon opening the Toolbox, you should see an update in the Toolbox Updater. I had to push the micropatch through the update channel in order to add a key directory to the Google Services folder. As mentioned in the changelog DO NOT install this "update" unless you already have V14.0 (or V14.1) installed.

I made some key changes and reworked the download process. Please try it now and let me know how it goes! I'm seriously hoping this solves the issues as that took quite a bit a time, and I want to apologize for that. Anyways... 🤞
    High Five Datastream33,

have been following this thread for a while now and can say you are a great Dev and seem to love what you do.

my very first fire tablet arrived yesterday and i just downloaded the freshly updated toolbox v14 .
    i read all the hints and just let it guide me.
    its like magic, the good type.
    now my tablet is bloat free and great and it only took a few clicks.

thank you so much Sir for your great work!

rokesh
    writing from my amazon fire 10 2019 Android Tablet GT
    High-five right back at you my friend! :D

Magic you say? Well, let me share something with you, you've hit the nail on the head... it is magic!

Lol, but in all seriousness I really do love this project! It's been a pleasant opportunity to meet new people and really make an impact on someone's life and for that I'm so grateful to this community for being willing to put up with me and giving me that opportunity!

═══════════════════════════════════
    Fire Toolbox V14.0

All-In-One Toolbox for Fire Tablets!
    ═══════════════════════════════════

FireToolboxV14.PNG

What is the Fire Toolbox?

The FIre Toolbox is a collection of useful tweaks that can be applied to Amazon's Fire Tablets. The Toolbox aims to turn a stock Amazon Tablet into what the user wants it to be, and to enhance the Android experience. The project aims to help users who are less tech-savy, or those who want an easy, reliable, and fast method take full control over their devices without having to run the risk of rooting their tablets. With a clickable UI, and lightning-fast performance you can return the power back into your hands.

Device Compatibility:
    • Amazon Fire 8/8+ (2020)
    • Amazon Fire 10 (2019)
    • Amazon Fire 7 (2019)
    • Amazon Fire 8 (2018)
    • Amazon Fire 10 (2017)
    • Amazon Fire 8 (2017)
    • Amazon Fire 7 (2017)
    • Amazon Fire HD8 (2016)
    • Amazon Fire HD10 (2015)
    • Amazon Fire HD8 (2015)
    • Amazon Fire HD7 (2015)
    • Amazon Fire HD7 (2014)
    • Amazon Fire HD6 (2014)
    In this forum, you may hear the word "generation" being used when talking about Fire Tablets. Just know that "generation" effectively means the same as "what year was the tablet manufactured?". This may seem confusing and as a result a reference table has been provided for you below.

screenshot-2020-12-15-174539-jpg.5158661

Getting Started:

Getting the Toolbox up and running with your tablet is surprisingly a very easy procedure. The only thing required is for you to enable Developer Options and ADB on your tablet. So, without further ado, let's get started.

At this point, please read the section below, and make sure to follow the correct guide that is made for your tablet on how to set up the device so it works with the Toolbox.

FIRE HD 7, 8, 10 (2018 - 2020) Guide:

1. Turn on your tablet and go to Settings > Device Options > About Fire Tablet and tap on the Serial Number until you unlock Developer Options.

2. Press the back button and find the new Developer Options and toggle it on.

3. Scroll down till you find USB Debugging and enable it.

4. Download the latest version of the Toolbox from the Downloads section of this page and install it onto your PC.

5. *Plug your tablet into your computer and allow Windows to install the necessary drivers (if you haven't done so already).

* If you are on Windows 8.1 or below the drivers for "Fire" WILL FAIL. This is normal and is to be expected.

6. Open the Toolbox and wait for it to setup the environment and start ADB (It may appear that the Toolbox is frozen, just please give it a second).

7. If you are on Windows 8.1 or below the Toolbox will inform you that additional driver setup is required and will ask for your permission to download and install the required drivers. Click the "Yes" button, wait for the download to finish and follow the driver setup. If this for some reason doesn't work, please follow this guide to manually install the drivers.

8. At this point, If drivers are setup properly... the Toolbox will inform you that the "device isn't authorized. Please authorize your device now."

9. On your tablet, you should see a new prompt asking if you want to Allow USB Debugging and should show the computer's RSA key fingerprint. Tick the box that says "Always allow from the computer" and hit ok.

That's it, the Toolbox should recognize your tablet and will take you to the main menu. Enjoy!

FIRE HD 6, 7, 8, 10 (2014 - 2017) Guide:

1. Turn on your tablet and go to Settings > Device Options and tap on the Serial Number until you unlock Developer Options.

2. Find the new Developer Options and tap on it.

3. Scroll down till you find Enable ADB and enable it.

4. Download the latest version of the Toolbox from the Downloads section of this page and install it onto your PC.

5. *Plug your tablet into your computer and allow Windows to install the necessary drivers (if you haven't done so already).

* If you are on Windows 8.1 or below the drivers for "Fire" WILL FAIL. This is normal and is to be expected.

6. Open the Toolbox and wait for it to setup the environment and start ADB (It may appear that the Toolbox is frozen, just please give it a second).

7. If you are on Windows 8.1 or below the Toolbox will inform you that additional driver setup is required and will ask for your permission to download and install the required drivers. Click the "Yes" button, wait for the download to finish and follow the driver setup. If this for some reason doesn't work, please follow this guide to manually install the drivers.

8. At this point, If drivers are setup properly... the Toolbox will inform you that the "device isn't authorized. Please authorize your device now."

9. On your tablet, you should see a new prompt asking if you want to Allow USB Debugging and should show the computer's RSA key fingerprint. Tick the box that says "Always allow from the computer" and hit ok.

That's it, the Toolbox should recognize your tablet and will take you to the main menu. Enjoy!

Tools and Subtools:

• ADB Shell - Spawn a Unix shell that can be used to communicate with the device and execute commands.
    • Custom Launcher - Replace Fire Launcher with a custom launcher.
    • Enable Widget Support - Enable widgets on supported launchers.
    • Custom Sounds - Set custom sounds for notifications, lock/unlock events, low battery, and more!
    • Density Modifier - Change the value of pixels per inch to either decrease or increase resolution.
    • Restore Default Density - Restore the factory default density.
    • Google Assistant - Replace Amazon Alexa with Google Assistant.
    • Google Services - Install Google Services and the Play Store.
    • Google Services (Manage)
    • Add/Remove Google Accounts
    • Clear Data/Cache for Play Services
    • Uninstall Play Services
    • Hybrid Apps - Sideload Amazon Appstore apps without having the Appstore enabled.
    • Keyboard and Input - Manage other input methods and install custom keyboards.
    • Lockscreen Wallpaper - Replace the lockscreen's wallpaper with a custom one.
    • Manage Amazon Apps - Manage the Amazon apps installed on your tablet.
    • Hide/disable Amazon Apps - Hide and Disable Amazon apps through presets or manually select apps.
    • Restore Amazon Apps - Completely restore every Amazon app or manually select apps to restore.
    • Modify System Settings -
    • Power Options - Reboot, shutdown, reboot into recovery, or reboot the tablet into bootloader mode.
    • Parental Controls Hide - Installs a service that auto-dismisses messages from Parental Controls.
    • Privacy Controls - Disable telemetry collection of app usage data, interest based ads, etc.
    • Push and Pull
    • Push - Transfer files from your computer to your tablet.
    • Pull - Retrieve files from your tablet and transfer them to your computer.
    • Remove Lockscreen Ads - Remove ads from the lockscreen.
    • Screen Capturing - Record the device's screen, or capture a screenshot.
    • Sideload Apps - Install APKs from sources outside of the Amazon Appstore.
    • System Backup
    • Backup - Create a backup of the current system configuration.
    • Restore - Restore system configuration from a previously created backup.
    • User Management (8th gen and above)
    • Create a User - Create a new user.
    • Delete a User - Delete a toolbox created user.
    • Switch Users - Switch the current user to a different Toolbox created user.
    • YouTube Clients - Install third-party Youtube clients.

Downloads:

*Version 14.0 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.zip) - Update Post - VirusTotal
    *This version CANNOT be downloaded via the Toolbox Updater because the Updater is receiving an upgrade in this release.

Previous Versions:

Version 13.0 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip)

Version 12.0 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 11.1 -
    Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 11.0 - Installer (.exe) -
    Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 10.2 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 10.1 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) -
    VirusTotal Results

Version 10.0 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 9.2 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 9.1 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 9.0 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 8.2 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 8.1 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 7.2.1 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 7.1 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 7.0 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 6.56 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 6.55 - Installer (.exe) - Mirror 1 (.exe) - Mirror 2 (.zip) - VirusTotal Results

Version 6.54 - Installer (.exe)

Frequently Asked Questions:

» I don't see my tablet listed in the supported devices, how can I request support to be added?

* For the requested tablet to be supported, we need a little more information from you in order to add support. Please download this .zip file, extract the folder within the zip to the desktop, and run the Identify.bat (make sure your tablet is plugged into the PC) file to get the code name of the device. Once the code name is found by the tool, press any key to copy it to the clipboard. Now reply to the forum with the code name, and the tablet's complete name. See the example below for reference:
    Tablet: Amazon Fire HD8 (2018)
    Device's Codename: karnak

* Please note that any devices produced before 5th generation unfortunately cannot receive support. I'd recommend visiting the forum for your device and rooting if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

» What does the error "one of more ADB enabled devices are connected. please remove all devices except a supported amazon fire device." mean?
    This error occurs when more then one ADB enabled devices are connected to your computer. Because multiple devices are connected, the Toolbox isn't sure which device to send the commands to so it simply closes and asks that you remove all ADB devices except the Fire Tablet. You may see the following terms being used in the PLUGGED IN list the Toolbox provides:
    Code:
    G0W0xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    This is likely your Amazon Fire Tablet. Furthermore, any connected device connected via a usb cable to your computer will likely be a single string (such as the one shown above) and will not contain any special characters.
    Code:
    emulator-xxxx
    This likely means an Android emulator is running on your system. Ensure programs like Bluestcks, Nox, Android Studio, Genymotion, LDPlayer, Virtualbox (emulating android), etc aren't running in the background while attempting to use the Toolbox.
    Code:
    192.168.0.xx
    This means a device is connected to your computer via TCP/IP (wireless debugging) and has ADB debugging (USB Debugging) enabled. Ensure all devices that run Android in your household are either disconnected from the network temporary, or ADB Debugging (USB Debugging) is disabled. Examples of Android devices that may have ADB enabled: Fire TV, Android TV, phones, tablets, etc.

» How can I remove a Google Account from my tablet?
    Because of the missing accounts section in the Settings app it will be a little more difficult to remove Google Accounts directly from the tablet. The easiest way that I've found is to visit this page: https://myaccount.google.com/security, sign-in to your Google Account, scroll down to "Your Devices" and click the "Manage devices" button. From the list of devices find your tablet and in the upper right-corner click the 3-dot icon and from the list select "Sign out".

» How can I run the Toolbox on Linux?
    As of now the Toolbox will not run on Linux natively. However, the Toolbox is being completely re-written in Visual Basic and will hopefully be able to be ran on Linux in the near future. At the moment, the best way to run the Toolbox on Linux is to use VMWare and emulate Windows.

» Will this tool root my tablet?
    Unfortunately, the Toolbox is not yet capable of rooting any of the supported devices. There are plans to include root methods for a few select tablets but will take some time before they are ready.

» Why is the Toolbox being marked as a virus?
    The Toolbox (and it's installer) isn't signed with a software license and therefore your computer isn't sure who the publisher is which may worry some anti-viruses, effectively producing a false positive that flags the Toolbox as a virus. The same issue goes for Windows smart screen as well. As always, I take your security and privacy VERY seriously! If you do not feel safe with installing the Toolbox due to virus concerns, I respect and support your decision. It is always up to the user and their judgment! :D

» Where did the Changelog go?
    Due to the changelog's length it has been given its own post entirely. You can find it here.

» I found a bug/issue in the Toolbox, how do I report it?
    You may leave a post on this forum. Please include the error/issue and possible ways to replicate it, then copy down the error information (if the Toolbox presents any) and paste it as a post here on the forum. If you could also share a screenshot or video that would also help greatly. In addition, please make sure to also include what tablet you have and what tool the error is coming from and I will do my best to fix it ASAP. Thanks!

Support the Project:

If you like my work and would like to support me/help with server costs feel free to Donate. Thank you!
    Fire Toolbox Changelog

╔══════════════╗
    Changelogs
    ╚══════════════╝

» VB Toolbox:

Version 14.0
    • Toolbox Updater: Rewritten from the ground up for better performance,reliability, and update detection.
    • Toolbox Updater: Micropatches and updates are now seperated, and managed independently.
    • Push and Pull: Added additional details to the pulling/pushing prompt.
    • Google Services: Reworked and improved.
    • Google Services: The correct Play Service file(s) relating to your tablet's Android version are now downloaded and installed.
    • Welcome Tour: Reworked and improved the tour and its UI.
    • Modify System Settings: Removed the category selection on launch, and replaced it with a tabbed system.
    • Toolbox Webbrowser: The window is now scalable.
    • Toolbox Webbrowser: Fixed the "Loading Webpage..." message being visible after the webpage has finished loading.

Version 13.0
    • Themes: Reintroduced themes and added theming engine.
    • Settings: Added the "Classic Blue" theme.
    • Startup: On first run, the user is now given the oppertunity to select a theme.
    • Startup: Checking for updates will now occur even if there is no Fire tablet connected.
    • Modify System Settings: Replaced buttons with switches.
    • Sideload Apps: Sideload error codes are now displayed when a sideload fails.
    • Sideload Apps: Added ability to install apps to other users.
    • Modify System Settings: Added System UI subtool.
    • Modify System Settings: Moved Navigation Bar from General to System UI.
    • TBShell: Updated to include recently added settings.

Version 12.0
    • Web Browser: Redesigned and updated the user interface.
    • Sideload Apps: When searching for an app, the results are now opened in the Toolbox's built-in web browser.
    • Startup: Improved the debugger detection method, and added a re-installation method for outdated debugger installs.
    • Hybrid Apps: The tool's UI has been updated, and the tool has been re-written for better performance.
    • Hybrid Apps: Both Netflix and Disney have been updated to the latest versions.
    • Settings: Redesigned/updated the user interface, and added the Logging category.
    • Lockscreen Management: Added the Disable Lockscreen subtool.
    • Performance: Various under the hood changes/improvements.
    • YouTube Clients: Updated all clients to the latest versions.

Version 11.1
    • Main Menu: Remove Lockscreen Ads and Lockscreen Wallpaper have been moved to the Lockscreen Management tool.
    • Main Menu: The Toolbox will now notify you about disabling OTA Updates if they remain enabled after executing tools.
    • Custom Sounds: The tool has been rewritten for better performance and reliability.
    • Custom Sounds: Removed the 3 at a time selection limit from the tool.
    • Density Modifier: Tool has been re-written for better performance and reliability.
    • YouTube Clients: Updated all clients to the latest versions.
    • Google Services: Fixed a bug that was causing the Toolbox to think that Play Services is installed when it actually isn't.
    • General: Under the hood improvements and changes.
    • Google Services (Manage): The Restore App Purchases subtool has been added to the list of subtools.
    • Toolbox Updater: Fixed a bug that was preventing updates from extracting successfully.
    • Toolbox Updater: Improved checking and applying methods for updates and micropatches.

Version 11.0
    • Custom Launcher: Enable Widget has been removed from Tool Options and placed underneath activation method.
    • Custom Launcher: The Restore Fire Launcher subtool has been added to the Tool Options menu.
    • Keyboard and Input: the ADB Keyboard subtool has been added.
    • ADB Shell: If the Toolbox is Always-on-Top when a shell is started the shell's window is now moved to the front.
    • Frequently Asked Questions: Added a list of questions and answers to commonly asked questions.
    • Welcome Screen: a recommended Setup Guide has been added as an option in the Welcome Screen.
    • Youtube Clients: Updated all clients to the latest version.
    • Device Detection: Detected emulators, wireless debugging devices, and physically connected devices are now managed individually and the user is guided now on how to disconnect them.
    • Device Detection: The Disconnect Wireless Debugging Devices subtool has been added to help users disconnect TCP/IP connected devices.

Version 10.2
    • TBShell: ADB Commands can now be executed directly from the shell.
    • TBShell: You can now open the Toolbox's root directly from the shell.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: Name of tool has been changed to Manage Amazon Apps.
    • Manage Amazon Apps: Tool has been rewritten, and improved.
    • Manage Amazon Apps: Standard Debloat preset has been added.
    • Privacy Controls: Advertisement ID is now properly randomized when a new id is requested.
    • Manage Amazon Apps (Manual): Subtool has been completely rewritten and redesigned.
    • YouTube Clients: Updated all clients to the newest releases.

Version 10.1
    • Startup: TBShell is no longer killed when the Toolbox starts up.
    • Startup: Welcome Screen is now displayed after the Toolbox's main form loads.
    • Welcome Tour: Improved demonstration video resolution and load times.
    • Welcome Tour: The button for starting the welcome tour has been highlighted in green for better visibility.
    • Welcome Tour: Hopefully fixed the issue that was causing the Toolbox to crash after ending the tour.
    • Main Menus: Fixed improper or missing Tool Descriptions.
    • Google Services: Reverted Google Services back to the versions included with Toolbox V8.2 (temp fix).
    • Toolbox Updater: Reworked for better update detection.

Version 10.0
    • Settings (Startup): Option to set the 2nd page as the Homepage has been added.
    • Remove Lockscreen Ads: The Automate method has been replaced with a more effective one.
    • System Backup: Updated the Device Lock Detection of restoring backups for all methods.
    • Keyboard & Input: The Custom Keyboard subtool has been added.
    • Sideload Apps: Additional checks have been added to the sideload process.
    • Sideload Apps: Code and UI improvements have been implemented.
    • YouTube Clients: Updated Vanced, Vanced Manager, and Newpipe to the latest versions.
    • Toolbox Updater: Removed debug msgbox from the updater.

Version 9.2
    • Hybrid Apps: Updated Netflix and Disney+ to the latest versions.
    • Custom Launcher: Added Lawnchair Launcher as a custom launcher option.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: The Device Dashboard app has been added to manual and automatic methods.
    • Modify System Settings: Added the ability to restore modified settings back to defaults.
    • Modify System Settings: Changed settings are now differentiated from default settings.
    • Custom Launcher: Added support for enabling widgets on generations 7 and below.
    • User Interface: The "Yes" button has been replaced with the "Execute Tool" button on tool confirmations.
    • Tool Options: Provides additional options or features to various tools.

Version 9.1
    • Toolbox Updater: Changelog for the update is now displayed directly in the updater.
    • System Backup: Timed out backups are now discarded and the user is now informed when the backup has failed.
    • System Backup: Tool performance enhancements.
    • Custom Launcher: Updated Nova Launcher, Evie Launcher, and Microsoft Launcher to the latest versions.
    • Custom Launcher: If the selected launcher is already installed, then the installation step is now skipped.
    • Push and Pull: Fixed a bug that crashed the Toolbox when attempting to pull more then one file at a time.
    • Push and Pull: Fixed a directory read error that was causing crashes in the push subtool.
    • Youtube Clients: Updated all clients to the latest versions.
    • Remove Lockscreen Ads: Bug causing an incorrect push of the adblock flow has been fixed.
    • User Interface: The loading animation has been added to almost all tools.

Version 9.0
    • System Backup: Device Lock Detection has been fixed for Maverick devices.
    • System Backup: Backup save location is now displayed after a successful backup.
    • Screen Capturing: The ability to show screen touches while recording has been added.
    • Lockscreen Wallpaper: Warnings for installing WallChanger have been added.
    • Lockscreen Wallpaper: Subtool to uninstall Wallchanger and revert changes has been added.
    • Lockscreen Wallpaper: Additional checks have been added to ensure wallchanger processes succeed.
    • Custom Launcher: After downgrading Fire Launcher the cmd window is closed automatically.
    • Modify System Settings: The ability to toggle searchbar on the lockscreen has been added.
    • YouTube Clients: Installing YouTube Vanced directly has been brougt back.
    • YouTube Clients: The option to install Vanced Manager has been added.
    • Performance: Method of installing APKs has been reworked and improved.
    • TBShell: Help information is displayed when the shell launches.
    • Toolbox Updater: Update method has been improved.
    • Privacy Controls: disable telementry and data collection.

Version 8.2
    • System Backups: Incorrect labeling of backup folder has been fixed.
    • Settings: Ability to toggle on/off checking for updates on startup has been added.
    • Google Services (Manage): The option to manage Google Accounts has been added.
    • Updates: Enhanced update system has been added.
    • TBShell: Settings can be toggled directly from the shell.
    • Settings: Close on Disconnect and Check for Updates have been added to the Startup group.
    • Youtube Clients: The Vanced Youtube Manager will be sideloaded instead of Vanced itself.
    • Google Services (Manage): Extra checks to make sure Google Services uninstall correctly has been added.
    • Screen Capture: Updated a few aspects of the UI to improve usability.
    • Google Assistant: The option to retain Alexa after installing Google Assistant has been added.
    • System Backup: The restore and backup subtools have been reworked and improved.
    • System Backup: The UI has been updated and enhanced.
    • General: Bug fixes and under the hood improvements.

Version 8.1
    • Main Menu: When the user hovers over a button, the Toolbox now displays a description of the tool.
    • Sideload Apps: When sideloading an app the user has the option to grant all requested permissions by the app automatically.
    • Custom Sounds: Replace stock system sounds with custom sounds.
    • Remove Lockscreen Ads: the adblocking script is now automatically imported into Automate.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: the UI for the Manual subtools has been updated.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: The output box now scrolls down with the output.
    • Modify System Settings: Activity to remove Google Accounts can be launched from the Account Management option.
    • Modify System Settings: Activity to remove Google Accounts can be launched from the Account Management option.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: the bug causing Swiftkey and Nova Launcher to not install after a successful debloat has been fixed.
    • Welcome Tour: View a tour all about important aspects of the Toolbox and how it functions.
    • Google Services: All APKS have been updated.
    • Driver Installation: The Amazon drivers have been replaced with Google drivers and the method has also been updated.
    • Performance: All tools have been optimized for better performance and speed with tablet generations 7-4.
    Version 7.3
    • Sideload Apps: UI has been updated.
    • Sideload Apps: Capabilities to batch sideload up to five apps automatically has been added.
    • Modify System Settings: Ability to toggle installation from Unknown Sources has been added.
    • ADB Shell: Standard Shell now executes after clicking the button on the Main Menu.
    • Push and Pull: Folders that contain spaces on the device's internal storage can now be navigated.
    • User Management: Additional checks have been added to make sure the users list is present.
    • Bugs: Issues with messageboxes appearing behind the Toolbox or defaulting to minimized has been fixed.
    • Device Information: Battery level and device codename information has been added.
    • Device Detection: Method of obtaining generation has been reworked.
    • Startup: The Toolbox now displays a message informing the user that it's starting up ADB.
    • Welcome Screen: Fixed the issue causing the current installation to appear in Installation Management.
    • Push and Pull: Files can now be pushed/pulled to (or from) directories that contain spaces.
    • Update Service: If the user denies to download the update the Toolbox will wait until the PC is rebooted before asking again.
    • Google Services: Loading animations have been added.

Version 7.2
    • Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
    • Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
    • Settings: The UI has been updated.
    • Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
    • Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
    • Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
    • Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
    • Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
    • Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
    • Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
    • User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
    • User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
    • User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
    • Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.

Version 7.1
    • Power Options: after performing a power event the Toolbox now waits for the device to*reconnect.
    • UI: the About, Splash screen, and Welcome UIs have been updated.
    • Custom Launcher: The tool has been optimized to reduce CPU usage.
    • Custom Launcher: Downgrade Fire Launcher method has been added for generations 7-4.
    • The Toolbox now closes when it doesn't detect the tablet anymore.
    • TBShell has made its return and features the abilities to restart adb, and reset settings to defaults.
    • Startup: Changelog has been moved to the Welcome Screen.
    • Welcome Screen: You can now uninstall older versions of the Toolbox directly from the Welcome Screen.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: Bug that causes the Toolbox to disappear if the user chooses to install Swiftkey and Nova Launcher has been fixed.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: When disabling everything amazon on gens 8+ Fire Launcher is now properly disabled.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: The Asian and Chinese keyboards are now properly removed.
    • Device Detection: The UI for the no device detected window has been updated.
    • Device Detection: If you are on Windows 8.1 or below the Toolbox will install the proper drivers for ADB to function correctly.
    • Device Detection: The bug that prevented the Toolbox from informing users about the device needing authroization has been fixed.
    • Patch: Micropatch for V7.0 has been included in this release

Version 7.0
    • Window title is now persistent across all tools.
    • Internal APKs: NewPipe, Netflix, and Disney+ APKs have been updated to the latest versions.
    • Google Services: Updated the Play Services APKs to the latest versions.
    • Hybrid Apps: The UI has been updated.
    • Custom Launcher: The UI has been updated.
    • Modify System Settings: You can now toggle OTA Updates on and off.
    • Manage Everything Amazon: The issue with a messagebox appearing behind the Toolbox has been fixed.
    • Google Services: The ability to manage Google Services has been added.

Version 6.56
    • ADB Shell: Executing a Standard Shell on older gens will now open a debugging shell instead.
    • Sideload Apps: When browsing for an APK the initial directory is now the bin folder.
    • Bugfix: Issue with Tooltip not appearing while hovering over device name has been fixed.
    • UI: The "No" button has been removed and the "<" button has been added to confirmation dialogs.
    • UI: the back button in the User Management tool has been fixed.
    • Automatic Updates Service has been added.
    • Push and Pull: You can now copy files and retrieve files directly from the tablet.
    • Always on Top: All tools now honor this setting.
    • Changelog: When viewing the changelog the Toolbox is hidden until its closed.

Version 6.55
    • Device Detection has been improved.
    • Incorrect labeling of Maverik devices has been fixed.
    • New method of storing settings has been added.
    • NewPipe was updated to the latest version.
    • Fixed some minor bugs with Manage Everything Amazon.
    • Fixed device not being detected when switching to the second page of the Toolbox.
    • Added tool tips to next page, and setting icons to help identify what the buttons do.
    • Added Device Information Tool.
    • Automate has been updated to the latest version.
    • Changelog has been added directly into the Toolbox.

Version 6.5

• Initial Release.

» Batch Toolbox:
    View the full changelog for Batch Toolbox by clicking here.

Special thanks to @markbnj for sorting out the changelog from newest to oldest!
    Amazon Fire Toolbox Meets VB.NET

New Year, New Language, New Toolbox

Toolbox-VB.png

What's up guys?

First off I want to say that this will be quite the lengthy post. Please bare with me.

If you aren't aware, today is a very special occasion. Today marks the 1-year anniversary of the Amazon Fire Toolbox! :victory:

Let's go back in time to the very beginning and see how the Amazon Fire Toolbox was first developed.

It all started with this post. The removal of ads from the lock screen on all Fire devices. A simple string located in the Android Settings Database governing the lock screen ads was all it took. At that point, I knew what I had found was very important and thus shared it with the XDA community. However, some commands were needed to run and a few permissions for Automate were required to get things up and running. I've always strived to make things as easy as possible. So I sought after creating a batch file complete with a UI and everything... just to automate the permission granting, and automate installation so less tech-savy people could run the adblocker with ease. So, I fired up Notepad and began to write out this script. While I was doing this I decided to see what other things I could tweak on the tablet. So, I began to change things... "What if I could automate the installation of Google Services?", "what if I could automate this... what about this... perhaps this"? and on and on. At this point, I realized I could make the automation script for the adblocker something even bigger.

As a result, I scrapped the automation script I already had and began to develop what I called "The Amazon Fire Toolbox". An all-in-one tool for Fire Tablets that could put the control back in the user's hands. The community over here on XDA reacted quite positive about it and encouraged me to keep going... to make it better. Because of you all is the reason why the Toolbox is as expansive as it is today. You guys made it happen!

Release after release the Toolbox grew, and so did its impact. Today we are on Version 6.5 and so many new features have seen the light of day. it's just so crazy to think that this small project has gotten this big. Sure, we've suffered through some hard times, with a few features not working, the Toolbox being marked unfairly as a virus, and just things, in general, were broken... but you guys stuck with me through it all and I want to say thank you!

Now here is where things are taking a turn for 2020. The Toolbox will now be shifted over from the batch programming language to VB.NET! I'm hoping with this transition the Toolbox will thrive even more. My reason for doing this is because like a gentleman here on XDA pointed out... the Toolbox deserves so much more. In addition, the Toolbox will run on PCs that aren't running English (this time you don't need to do anything special to get it to work), I'm planning on coding it in such a way that the Toolbox may be able to run under Linux using Wine, and best of all, because the UI is made in Visual Basic we no longer need the button injector, therefore, the Toolbox shouldn't alarm AVs any longer.

Now, please note that the Toolbox is still being developed and a lot of features aren't present. However, I will be releasing an installer here on XDA that will allow you to install the VB version of the Toolbox and check out what is/isn't working all for evaluation purposes. When the Toolbox is stable and finished I will release it here on XDA for download.

See how the Toolbox has grown since launch:
    Ads-Remover-Installer.png

Created: 5/27/2018

V​

Toolbox-V1.png

Released: 01/13/2019

V​

https%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2Fk5Rhr3rN%2FToolbox6-5.png

Released: 1/07/2020

What do you guys think about this? Is it a step in the right direction? What would you like to see in the new version of the Toolbox? Please share your thoughts with me, I'd love to hear them!

HERES TO A HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE TOOLBOX!

:highfive: :victory:
    [UPDATE]Amazon Fire Toolbox V7.2

What's up guys? I hope everyone is having a fantastic Sunday so far and you are safe and healthy!

Firstly, I want to give thanks to all of you who have been so patient with me and I also want to give a huge thanks to those of you who wished me luck on the cert exam. I'm happy to say that I passed and am now MTA network certified! Thanks so much for all the support! :D

Now brace yourself! It's gonna be a long post! :p

With that being said, today marks the release of the Amazon Fire Toolbox V7.2 update! In today's release a few bugs have been dealt with, some of the UIs have been reworked, some tools have received new subtools/enhancements, and new device models are now supported.

Alright, let's take a quick look at the highlights of the V7.2 update. Probably the most important out of the lot is the support for the new 2020 models has been added. Please let me know how things go with these tablets and if you come across any issues with any of the tools while tweaking these tablets.

There has been a lot of talk of custom wallpapers for the lockscreen and how to achieve the goal of applying the wallpapers to the lockscreen easily. Fortunately, in this update support for setting custom wallpapers has been added to the Lockscreen Wallpaper tool. This subtool is designed to automate most of the process of setting a custom image for you (however, some manual steps are required, but the Toolbox will walk you through it). Unfortunately, this method only works for generations 8 and above. I'm currently looking into a solution for gens 7-4.

Now let's talk User Management. The method of storing users created by the Toolbox has been re-written and instead of storing the users on the local PC, they are stored on the tablet itself. This should prevent the Toolbox from showing the users list on a tablet where those users don't actually exist. In addition, the subtool Switch Users has been added. NOTE: THIS SUBTOOL MUST BE USED TO SWITCH FROM A CUSTOM USER TO THE DEFAULT USER OR THE CUSTOM USER MAY BE REMOVED BY THE SYSTEM!

Next, we have the Manage Everything Amazon tool changes. Because of the revamped User Management tool it is now possible to debloat custom users using the Disable/Hide Amazon subtool and even the Restore Everything Amazon subtool will work with custom users. Enjoy!

Finally, we have changes to the Settings. When you open Toolbox V7.2 for the first time you will find that the settings icon has changed from the [:] to a cog icon. It's also important to know that the Settings UI has been revamped. I will let you take a look for yourself. Hope you like it!

Hey, that's not all that changed! If you are interested in everything that the update has to offer, feel free to take a look at the changelog below for more information:

Changelog:​

* Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
    * Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
    * Settings: The UI has been updated.
    * Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
    * Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
    * Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
    * Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
    * Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
    * Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
    * Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
    * Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
    * User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
    * User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
    * User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
    * Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
    * Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.

NOTE: When you first start the Toolbox it will appear to be frozen and unresponsive. This is due to the Toolbox setting up the environment and starting ADB for the first time. As a result, please do NOT close out of the Toolbox. It should be responsive again in the next 10 seconds. Please also keep in mind that first startup is the only time this should occur. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are ready to download the new update head on over and visit the Downloads section of the OP.

Again, thank you all for being so patient and understanding! I REALLY appreciate it and would like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I'd also like to give a huge shoutout to the wornderful folks who have been donating! YOU GUYS ARE THE MVP! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :highfive:

Well, that's all I got for now. Until next time guys, I'll catch you later! ;)
    Amazon Fire Toolbox V4.0 Has Been Released!

I'd like to inform everyone that VERSION 4.0 OF THE TOOLBOX IS NOW RELEASED!! :victory:

This is a very big and important update because it finally addresses big time issues such as: architecture detection, Remove Everything Amazon tool issues with 7th gen devices, adb shell not working as intended in some tools, and buttons showing up in unintended locations. I'm so HAPPY to have finally released this version and I hope you guys find it satisfactory! :D

Now, to download the update you can use the Toolbox Updater, or download it from the downloads section of this forum!

In case you're interested in every change, I've included the changelog below!
    Changelog:​

Version 4.0
    * Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
    * Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
    * The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
    * Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
    * Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
    * Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
    * NEW THEME: Terminal!
    * Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
    * The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
    * Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
    * Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
    * Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
    * Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
    * NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
    * Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
    * Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them

I also wanted to take the time to THANK all of you who have been patient with me, those who have reported bugs and issues, and those who have shown their support! YOU GUYS are freaking AWESOME! :D

In addition, I really do appreciate the donations you guys have been throwing my way! IT'S JUST SO KIND OF YOU! :D

Here's to another UPDATE! :highfive:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone