Silly question but where do I type this command in??
Greetings friend and great question!Hello together,
first of all this tool is amazing, thanks for the great work @Datastream33
Thanks to the Prime Day I bought a bunch of Fire HD 10 to distribute in our family. I tried to modify them in the same way but I found following difference after installing Nova Launcher:
When opening the task manager on the square button, one tablet still shows the original Amazon task manager with vertical swipes to close apps, the other one apparently has another task manager with horizonzal swipes to close.
Does anyone know what could be the root cause?
View attachment 5347063
View attachment 5347067
The ADB shell tool (you might need to leave out the "adb" part of the command when using the ADB shell tool from the toolbox)
adb devices -l
I downloaded that and ran the adb.exe. The screen flashed for a split second but nothing else happened. I tried running it in the shell and i get this.
adb devices -l
Wait 10-15 minutes to sign in,
Hiya again! Umm I tried that and got this.. I am not very good at using commands so I probably did it wrong. I did the Code: then Exit all combos to make sure i didn't do it wrong. Well tried anyhow.
adb devices -l
Ok I used the right command this time... I get this now.
Awesome! very handy list you have there
I don't know what version of .NET is required by the toolbox. Datastream would know, maybe others who are more familiar would also. I've got Win7 with .Net 4.8 and all ESU updates through July. No problems here.
Fire Toolbox V19.0 - Changelog:
• [About] Redesigned and added more information such as ADB version, Installation/adb directory locations, etc.
• [About] Added buttons for accessing the Toolbox's ADB/Installation directories.
• [Google Services] Implemented integrity check to ensure downloads succeed.
• [Google Services] Added timeout detection for downloads.
• [Settings] Added Setup Tour to the Startup category.
• [User Management] Reworked the tool and updated the UI.
• [Manage Amazon Apps] Added Music and Downloads to the manual app selection list.
• [Navigation Bar Modifier/Quick Settings Modifier] Now reads the configuration and applies changes to the foreground user instead of only applying to the default user.
• [Modify System Settings] Improved the "Hidden" option for Device Dashboard Icon.
• [Privacy Controls] Included the ability to randomize the Household ID if device is tied to one.
• [Manage Amazon Apps] Included the ability to "Load From File..." to the presets for Disable/Hide Amazon Apps.
• [YouTube Clients] Updated all YouTube Clients to the latest versions.
Any text after this character will appear in the debloat list's description line when loaded into the Toolbox. It also supports multiple lines.
This character (and any text after it) is ignored by the Toolbox and will be skipped. Basically, the Toolbox's equivalent of the comment character in other languages.
This character can be used to output text to the screen. (one newline)
The same as the + character except two newlines will be added after the text instead of 1.
This line indicates what function the debloat list will perform. The supported types are: debloat, or restore. Can be placed anywhere in the list.
Well, what are you waiting for? Head on over to the Downloads section of the OP or feel free to update using the Toolbox Updater if you've installed a previous version of the Toolbox before!Fire Toolbox V20.0 - Changelog
• [Main Menu] Improved the speed of page switching, and added notification demonstrating how to switch between pages.
• [Device Detection] Added support for Windows 11 to the OS driver check function.
• [Google Services] Added notification about potentially encountering tool issues.
• [Google Services] Reworked download method to hopefully fix the bug causing the download to hang.
• [Custom Keyboard] Added OpenBoard and Google Keyboard to the list of supported keyboards.
• [Hybrid Apps] Added fallback method to ensure if checking for updates fails then ensure hybrid apps can still be downloaded and installed.
• [Lockscreen Management] Added the Change Lockscreen Security Type subtool.
• [Lockscreen Management] Replaced the 8+ gen Prime Photos method with the Automate method for the Custom Lockscreen Wallpaper subtool.
• [General] Various under the hood improvements and bug fixes.
• [Sideload Apps] Replaced blacklist/whitelist permission granting method with native adb permission granting.
i highly doubt Private DNS is anywhere hidden in FireOS's code, i have looked through a bunch of hidden settings and have never seen a trace of Private DNS,
|Amazon Fire 10/10+ (2021)|
|Amazon Fire 8/8+ (2020)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2018)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2016)|
|Amazon Fire HD10 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2014)|
|Amazon Fire HD6 (2014)|
Tablet: Amazon Fire HD8 (2018)[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Device Codename: karnak
* Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
* Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
* Settings: The UI has been updated.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
* Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
* Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
* Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
* Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
* Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
* User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
* User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
* User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
* Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.
* Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
* Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
* The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
* Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
* Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
* Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
* NEW THEME: Terminal!
* Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
* The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
* Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
* Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
* Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
* Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
* NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
* Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
* Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them