• Custom Launcher: Enable Widget has been removed from Tool Options and placed underneath activation method.
• Custom Launcher: The Restore Fire Launcher subtool has been added to the Tool Options menu.
• Keyboard and Input: the ADB Keyboard subtool has been added.
• ADB Shell: If the Toolbox is Always-on-Top when a shell is started the shell's window is now moved to the front.
• Frequently Asked Questions: Added a list of questions and answers to commonly asked questions.
• Welcome Screen: a recommended Setup Guide has been added as an option in the Welcome Screen.
• Youtube Clients: Updated all clients to the latest version.
• Device Detection: Detected emulators, wireless debugging devices, and physically connected devices are now managed individually and the user is guided now on how to disconnect them.
• Device Detection: The Disconnect Wireless Debugging Devices subtool has been added to help users disconnect TCP/IP connected devices.
Agreed - I didn't come across this until after I spent a bunch of time figuring out which package was causing the problem. Restoring Newstand fixed it. I couldn't load Kindle Reader from Google Play like someone with a new kindle reported they could, so I had to find a fix for this.Mega thanks Datastream33!
The issue I had with Fire Toolbox 10.2 and which I was able to resolve was that when I applied the Standard Debloat option the Kindle icon no longer showed on the tablet and then when I tried to read a .kfx ebook on the tablet I got the "The requested action is not permitted. Check parental controls settings and retry." message. What I did to fix the problem after trying multiple options was to re-enable Amazon Newsstand and that restored the Kindle icon and allowed me to read .kfx ebooks again. I think it would be good to leave Amazon Newsstand enabled by default in the Standard Debloat option.
Hmmm... I just went to the Google Playstore, searched for Kindle and it came up with an 'enable' button. Pushing this restored use of the Kindle app. No Newstand required.Agreed - I didn't come across this until after I spent a bunch of time figuring out which package was causing the problem. Restoring Newstand fixed it. I couldn't load Kindle Reader from Google Play like someone with a new kindle reported they could, so I had to find a fix for this.
I'm not sure what makes it work on some and others - maybe different gens? I was able to find the app in Google Play and tap install, and it went through the process of downloading and installing, but when it was done the app would not show up and the Install button in Google Play would reappear instead of the usual Open. I tried installing numerous time and could not get it to work. For this reason, I had to go back to trying to make the built-in kindle functionality working again, in which having Newstand active is required to avoid the Parental Controls block.
I had the same struggle - several computers, several cords, several kindles. I knew that all the cords I used supported data transfer (some only support charing). I finally got one that worked, and it did have a much snugger fit into the kindle than the other cords I tried. All of my cords were generic extras. The take away is that they are built different! I was finally able to get my computer to detect our fire 8 and 10, both 7th gen, after much frustration.
Hey friend,Hey @Datastream33! Thanks again for this incredible tool. I was wondering if you were willing to accept a suggestion about the newly added FAQ section. In it, you state that it is not possible to replace the new (and annoying, imho) Device Manager button without rooting your device. However, you have underestimated your own tool's ability! All you have to do is use Toolbox to disable the navigation bar and then install one of the many navigation bar apps from the Play Store (I used Navigation Bar). No root required and took me like 5 minutes. Do you think this would be a good addition to the FAQ section, or am I overstepping my bounds? Either way, thanks again, and I look forward to further release.
Not only can it, but most people wan t it to block them. Amazon updates can restore all the things you took the trouble to disable.
Hey @Datastream33! Thanks again for this incredible tool. I was wondering if you were willing to accept a suggestion about the newly added FAQ section. In it, you state that it is not possible to replace the new (and annoying, imho) Device Manager button without rooting your device. However, you have underestimated your own tool's ability! All you have to do is use Toolbox to disable the navigation bar and then install one of the many navigation bar apps from the Play Store (I used Navigation Bar). No root required and took me like 5 minutes. Do you think this would be a good addition to the FAQ section, or am I overstepping my bounds? Either way, thanks again, and I look forward to further release.
ok, automatic update is problematic. But if I want to use the latest security patches I need to install updates from time to time. Even if i need to use this nice fire toolbox again.
Ready to download and experience the awesomeness of V23.0? Head on over to the Downloads' section of the OP! Remember, because the Updater is receiving an upgrade, V23.0 must be installed via the Installer or extracted from the Portable version.Fire Toolbox V23.0 - Changelog
- [About] Fixed incorrect pathing to the ADB/Installation folders when clicking their respective "Open Directory" buttons.
- [Install Debugger] Fixed missing error code not appearing when the debugger fails to install.
- [Sideload Apps] Added "Reinstall" and "Downgrade" installation flags.
- [Navigation Bar Modifier] Added the ability to set custom back, home, and recent icons.
- [Device Information] Added the Device, Memory, and Battery tabs.
- [Device Information] The build.prop information is now displayed in the right pane for easier access.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manual) Added the IMBd TV, and Files app to the manual (simple) app selection list for new gen devices.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manual) When an app fails to be disabled/hidden the Toolbox will properly inform you instead of notifying that it was successful.
- [ADB Shell] You can now paste text into the prompt by simply right-clicking the command textbox.
- [Play Services] Added support for changing play services download links for when they cease working.
- [Toolbox Webbrowser] Back and Forward buttons have been added to the webrowser tools.
- [Toolbox Updater] Added further fixes improvements to the micropatch process.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manaual - Advanced) Improved the labels for some of the unnamed system apps.
quick wrap up from yesterday:
1. Nova launcher works
2. Google services work.
3. Hiding amazon apps does not work ( see attached)
3. When I try to sideload amazondebugger.apk, instant failure: "INSTALLATION FAILURE"
4. When I try to use ADB shell and copy the code as per above I get (see attached )
5. When I try to hide amazon crap ( see attached ). Idk why but pop congratulates with successful execution but in reality all amazon apps are still there.
if you got any other ideas lets do it, if not, I will just stick with all these amazon apps and make it work. thanx
Why, thank you my good friend! As for the easy option, pat yourself on the back... you and @Falcon342's feedback really helped me realize how bad it would've been if it was to be removed. As for @Reed_Enwright's problem I'm just hoping we can find a solution.
|Amazon Fire 10/10+ (2021)|
|Amazon Fire 8/8+ (2020)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2018)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2016)|
|Amazon Fire HD10 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2014)|
|Amazon Fire HD6 (2014)|
Extended debloat list designed to disable/hide packages the Toolbox currently doesn't support.
Tablet: Amazon Fire HD8 (2018)[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Device Codename: karnak
* Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
* Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
* Settings: The UI has been updated.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
* Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
* Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
* Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
* Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
* Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
* User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
* User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
* User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
* Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.
* Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
* Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
* The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
* Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
* Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
* Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
* NEW THEME: Terminal!
* Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
* The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
* Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
* Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
* Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
* Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
* NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
* Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
* Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them