I believe the launcher delay problem is a function of the firmware version you are running. I disabled OTA updates first thing on my HD 10 (9th gen) and am running 18.104.22.168 firmware. There is absolutely no flickering or delay on Nova Launcher with it but later firmware revisions seem to be more troublesome. I think Amazon made some changes to prevent the replacement of their launcher. Check your firmware and I think you'll find you have a later version than 22.214.171.124.I have two Fire HD 10 tablets - one is a 7th Generation (2017) and the other is a 9th Generation (2019). I factory reset both and built them up from scratch. I selected Nova Launcher as the replacement launcher. Launcher Hijack is installed and configured on both. Accessibility is set correctly. When I tap the home button to return to the Nova home screen, the older tablet (7th/2017) is behaving as expected (five second pause at the Fire Launcher home screen and then the Nova home screen is presented). When I tap the home button on the newer tablet (9th/2019), it returns to the Fire Launcher home screen but only sometimes presents the Nova home screen after. I can't establish a pattern to the behavior...sometimes I get the Nova home screen and sometimes I don't. I factory reset them both and set them up again and same thing.
Anyone else seeing this behavior? Are there manual ADB commands I can run to check that things are set correctly? Are there other settings I should check?
Yeah, it's not so much the delay I'm concerned with as I understand that's just something we have to deal with right now as part of Amazon's efforts to discourage replacement launchers. I'm more bothered by the inconsistent behavior of the home button sometimes giving me Nova's home page and sometimes not. I do agree that this could just be additional efforts to squash other launchers.I believe the launcher delay problem is a function of the firmware version you are running. I disabled OTA updates first thing on my HD 10 (9th gen) and am running 126.96.36.199 firmware. There is absolutely no flickering or delay on Nova Launcher with it but later firmware revisions seem to be more troublesome. I think Amazon made some changes to prevent the replacement of their launcher. Check your firmware and I think you'll find you have a later version than 188.8.131.52.
Trona, huh? Ok, thanks a thousand for the codename friend!
Greetings my friend!
- Settings: Added "Kill ADB on Close" to the General category.
- Theming: Fixed a bug preventing the background of forms from changing to match the current theme.
- Modified System Settings: Added the Quicksettings Modifier subtool to the System UI category.
- Google Assistant: All packages pertaining to Alexa are now disabled/hidden instead of just the Alexa app.
- Device Detection: Added support for the new Fire HD 10 (Trona) tablet.
- Hybrid Apps: Updated Disney+ to the latest version.
- YouTube Clients: Updated clients to the latest version.
- Android Debug Bridge: Updated client from version 29.0.4 to 31.0.2.
- Main Menu: Fixed the next/previous button tooltip from displaying 3 pages even though there are only 2.
- Theming: Added the "Eurasian Teal" theme.
adb shell pm disable-user com.amazon.firelauncher, and obviously
adb shell pm enable-user com.amazon.firelauncherto enable.
Happy to hear you are enjoying the new update and theme my friend!@Datastream33, the new update is awesome! I'm a big fan of the new theme. If I may, I have one quick request. One of the things I spend the most time doing is fooling around with different launchers to try to find one that works best. Because of the sheer amount of launchers out there, the vast majority of them are not in the Custom Launcher tool. That's, of course, to be expected, as it would obviously be an impractical amount of work to maintain and update dozens of launchers, but one thing that would make it easier for me is if you could add Fire Launcher (the default launcher FireOS ships with) to the Manage Amazon Apps tool. That way, instead of having to go through ADB, I could just disable it there and then do whatever I wanted with my other installed launchers.
If it helps, the input to disable the launcher is
adb shell pm disable-user com.amazon.firelauncher, and obviously
adb shell pm enable-user com.amazon.firelauncherto enable.
Thanks again for all you do!
@echo off TITLE Enable/Disable Fire Launcher set adbpath=C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Datastream\Fire Toolbox V17.0\adb REM Change the path above to a valid adb directory. REM IF the script is already in the adb directory, replace the path with %cd%. :Home color 7 cls echo. echo 1 - Enable Fire Launcher echo 2 - Disable Fire Launcher echo. Set /p sel=Selection: if %sel% == 1 GOTO :EnableLauncher if %sel% == 2 GOTO :DisableLauncher color c&echo.&echo Invalid option.&TIMEOUT /T 2 >nul&GOTO :Home :EnableLauncher cls echo. echo Enabling Fire Launcher... echo. cd %adbpath% adb shell pm enable --user 0 com.amazon.firelauncher echo. color a TIMEOUT /T 3 >nul GOTO :Home :DisableLauncher cls echo. echo Disabling Fire Launcher... echo. cd %adbpath% adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.firelauncher echo. color a TIMEOUT /T 3 >nul GOTO :Home
Glad to see you are also satisfied with the update/Teal theme my friend!Thank you so much for the update, love the teal.
I'm unable to download the installer currently, keeps expecting me to sign into a Microsoft account I don't have.
But, I went to try updating my Netflix
and Disney+ (Disney+ wouldn't load, and Netflix just kept prompting for an update).
I'm now unable to run Disney+ (Amazon Appstore Connection Failure - an error occurred connecting to Amazon Appstore. Please try opening the app again). I've tried restarting the app a few times, uninstalled and reinstalled through FTB and nothing.
Netflix I uninstalled from the tablet to update, as it failed through FTB, and now FTB won't push the update across either.
Any advice would be greatly received.
I'm running Fire OS 184.108.40.206 (Build date 9th October 2020 @ 2132), on a Fire HD8.
Edit: Disney+ now working. Netflix is failing to install through FTB.
exit cd .. adb\adb install \bin\HybridApps\Netflix_AmazonStore.apk
If you are ready to download the new update, head on over to the Download's section of the OP. Please keep in mind, because the Toolbox Updater is receiving an upgrade, the update must be downloaded and installed manually using the Installer or Portable methods.Fire Toolbox V22.0 - Changelog
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Added an "advanced" manual subtool, giving power users more control over both system and user apps.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] You can now restore from debloat lists without having to manually edit the ListType variable.
- [Lockscreen Management] Added the Custom Lockscreen Shortcut subtool for tablets running Android 9.
- [Screen Capturing] Fixed the screenshot icon's background not adopting the current Toolbox theme.
- [Screen Capturing] Improved the speed and process of screenshot capturing.
- [Downloads] Added internet connection check to all download processes.
- [Custom Sounds] Improved and made some minor changes to the UI.
- [Modify System Settings] Added the "Animation Scales" setting to the SystemUI tab.
- [Theming] Added the "Deep Red" theme.
- [Toolbox Updater] Fixed the Updater remaining indefinitely open if an internet connection isn't available.
- [YouTube Clients] Updated NewPipe to the latest version.
- [Play Services] Integrity Check is now performed after each individual download instead of after all downloads have finished, allowing files to be re-downloaded if needed.
- [Play Services] Integrity Check now compares final downloaded file size to total transfered bytes instead of just checking if the file is zero bytes.
- [Play Services] Updated the download links for Play Services to the latest versions.
- [Custom Launcher] Added Niagara Launcher to the supported list of launchers.
- [User Selector] Fixed bugs where the foreground user wan't being displayed in the user's list if the user isn't the primary, and fixed the checkbox value for "Use Foreground User" not being preserved correctly.
Ready to download and experience the awesomeness of V23.0? Head on over to the Downloads' section of the OP! Remember, because the Updater is receiving an upgrade, V23.0 must be installed via the Installer or extracted from the Portable version.Fire Toolbox V23.0 - Changelog
- [About] Fixed incorrect pathing to the ADB/Installation folders when clicking their respective "Open Directory" buttons.
- [Install Debugger] Fixed missing error code not appearing when the debugger fails to install.
- [Sideload Apps] Added "Reinstall" and "Downgrade" installation flags.
- [Navigation Bar Modifier] Added the ability to set custom back, home, and recent icons.
- [Device Information] Added the Device, Memory, and Battery tabs.
- [Device Information] The build.prop information is now displayed in the right pane for easier access.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manual) Added the IMBd TV, and Files app to the manual (simple) app selection list for new gen devices.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manual) When an app fails to be disabled/hidden the Toolbox will properly inform you instead of notifying that it was successful.
- [ADB Shell] You can now paste text into the prompt by simply right-clicking the command textbox.
- [Play Services] Added support for changing play services download links for when they cease working.
- [Toolbox Webbrowser] Back and Forward buttons have been added to the webrowser tools.
- [Toolbox Updater] Added further fixes improvements to the micropatch process.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manaual - Advanced) Improved the labels for some of the unnamed system apps.
Clicked on the sideload apps, found an app in amazon debugger folder, the second I clicked on sideload it was an instant error. No hesitation. Also tried installing it with APK installer but no luck. I tried but msg popped up saying app not installed.
lol... after playing with amazondebugger.apl file , toolbox does not recognize my tablet anymore... ok... will revisit tomorrow... appreciate your help internet stranger...Alright, let's see if we can get this resolved.
Ok, let's firstly check to see if it's a system app or not:
- Open the Toolbox, and execute an ADB Shell.
- Uncheck the box next to "Run-as Debugger".
- Click the box after the $ to set the focus on the textbox.
- Enter in the following command and press enter:
pm list packages -s | grep facebook
- Copy the output of the command, and please quote this post and include the output if you'd be so kind. Thanks!
quick wrap up from yesterday:
1. Nova launcher works
2. Google services work.
3. Hiding amazon apps does not work ( see attached)
3. When I try to sideload amazondebugger.apk, instant failure: "INSTALLATION FAILURE"
4. When I try to use ADB shell and copy the code as per above I get (see attached )
5. When I try to hide amazon crap ( see attached ). Idk why but pop congratulates with successful execution but in reality all amazon apps are still there.
if you got any other ideas lets do it, if not, I will just stick with all these amazon apps and make it work. thanx
|Amazon Fire 10/10+ (2021)|
|Amazon Fire 8/8+ (2020)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2018)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2016)|
|Amazon Fire HD10 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2014)|
|Amazon Fire HD6 (2014)|
Extended debloat list designed to disable/hide packages the Toolbox currently doesn't support.
Tablet: Amazon Fire HD8 (2018)[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Device Codename: karnak
* Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
* Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
* Settings: The UI has been updated.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
* Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
* Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
* Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
* Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
* Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
* User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
* User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
* User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
* Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.
* Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
* Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
* The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
* Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
* Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
* Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
* NEW THEME: Terminal!
* Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
* The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
* Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
* Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
* Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
* Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
* NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
* Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
* Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them