@blaacksheep. I think I might have figured it out. Toolbox > "Google Services (Manage)" does not enable the Android Settings app which controls both the Google Account App and Android Calendar Sync App's features, Rather the Amazon Settings app remains in place which will not work for the above-mentioned Calendar's Sync purposes, and the Google Settings app is not installed. Is it possible for @Datastream33 to add the Android Setup app to the "Google Services (Manage)" selection box or is there any other solution that will enable me use the Google Calendar Sync app. In other works, why do the users who enable Play Store, Play Services, etc. need the Amazon Settings app in the first place?Amazon has selectively removed several of the normal API's available to apps and replaced some of them with their own Amazon API's. These have reduced/different functionality. The end result being that an app may call an API to draw something on the screen, but the API might not be there or it responds differently than the app expects. This seems to happen on widgets quite a lot. I suppose it all depends on your widget of choice.
Your tablet (assuming its running the lastest FireOS version available for your tablet)So I went through all the steps of setting up the tablet mine is a 5th gen dont know exact year or anything but its one of the older models still accepted and at first nothing changed I let it do its thing for a bit and re used the launcher to make sure everything was downloaded properly but im trying to use touch portal and when I open the application after a while it will kick me out and either put me to the screen I was just on or it will take me to the page where it shows all of my background application windows including nova launcher and each time I launch the touch portal application it does the same exact thing over and over agian.
Ok thanks im going to factory reset the device cause at first it was not and do a clean install and see if maby that helps since it could have also been missing an update from fire in the beginning that caused the download not to finish right, plus it was low on storageYour tablet (assuming its running the lastest FireOS version available for your tablet)
is running Android 5 which nowadays gets more outdated and unmaintainable for app developers by the day,
i would recommend contacting the app developers and see if they can help you resolve your issue, if they are unable or unwilling to help you then its possible it could just be one of those apps that doesnt play nice with Android 5 anymore or FireOS.
Thanks for testing for me,i use android 9 though, and playstore doesn't offer pixel launcher for android 9,i'll trt poking apkmirror for another version. BTW what version of android does your HD 10 use?I don't know if it's the same with the HD 10 (2019) that I have, but the Pixel Launcher in the App Store installed and seemed to work without any issues. You'll have to dig around in the settings to bring up a dialog that asks you to make it your default launcher if you don't do it the first time it asks, because Amazon doesn't expect you to change their launcher and takes that option out of the settings.
My HD 10 (2019) uses Android 9, even though I'm only on the second firmware version (184.108.40.206). I searched the Playstore for pixel launcher and although it wasn't offered to me, the section below called "more like this" or whatever it's called, had it as the first choice. If you can't find it that way, you can always look it up on a PC and forward it to your device.Thanks for testing for me,i use android 9 though, and playstore doesn't offer pixel launcher for android 9,i'll trt poking apkmirror for another version. BTW what version of android does your HD 10 use?
I can't even find pixel launcher on my Tablets playstore
Yet on my Laptop, i can find it, maybe i need a older version of pixel launcher? :/
Any text after this character will appear in the debloat list's description line when loaded into the Toolbox. It also supports multiple lines.
This character (and any text after it) is ignored by the Toolbox and will be skipped. Basically, the Toolbox's equivalent of the comment character in other languages.
This character can be used to output text to the screen. (one newline)
The same as the + character except two newlines will be added after the text instead of 1.
This line indicates what function the debloat list will perform. The supported types are: debloat, or restore. Can be placed anywhere in the list.
Well, what are you waiting for? Head on over to the Downloads section of the OP or feel free to update using the Toolbox Updater if you've installed a previous version of the Toolbox before!Fire Toolbox V20.0 - Changelog
• [Main Menu] Improved the speed of page switching, and added notification demonstrating how to switch between pages.
• [Device Detection] Added support for Windows 11 to the OS driver check function.
• [Google Services] Added notification about potentially encountering tool issues.
• [Google Services] Reworked download method to hopefully fix the bug causing the download to hang.
• [Custom Keyboard] Added OpenBoard and Google Keyboard to the list of supported keyboards.
• [Hybrid Apps] Added fallback method to ensure if checking for updates fails then ensure hybrid apps can still be downloaded and installed.
• [Lockscreen Management] Added the Change Lockscreen Security Type subtool.
• [Lockscreen Management] Replaced the 8+ gen Prime Photos method with the Automate method for the Custom Lockscreen Wallpaper subtool.
• [General] Various under the hood improvements and bug fixes.
• [Sideload Apps] Replaced blacklist/whitelist permission granting method with native adb permission granting.
A screensaver kind of exists with the stock clock app,
Datastream33, got another idea for you.Think we could add screensavers?
Like its predecessors, Windows 11 and Windows 10 also ship with a bunch of screensavers. 3D Text, Blank, Bubbles, Mystify, Photos, and Ribbons are thewww.intowindows.com
Would really love that
Sorry for late reply.
System.TypeInitializationException: Inicializační metoda typu AmazonFireToolbox.SideloadApps vyvolala výjimku. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Převod řetězce na typ Boolean není platný. ---> System.FormatException: Vstupní řetězec nemá správný formát. v Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat) v Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value) --- Konec trasování zásobníku pro vnitřní výjimku --- v Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToBoolean(String Value) v AmazonFireToolbox.SideloadApps..cctor() --- Konec trasování zásobníku pro vnitřní výjimku --- v AmazonFireToolbox.SideloadApps.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) v System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) v System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) v System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) v System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) v System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) v System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) v System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) v System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Ready to download and experience the awesomeness of V23.0? Head on over to the Downloads' section of the OP! Remember, because the Updater is receiving an upgrade, V23.0 must be installed via the Installer or extracted from the Portable version.Fire Toolbox V23.0 - Changelog
- [About] Fixed incorrect pathing to the ADB/Installation folders when clicking their respective "Open Directory" buttons.
- [Install Debugger] Fixed missing error code not appearing when the debugger fails to install.
- [Sideload Apps] Added "Reinstall" and "Downgrade" installation flags.
- [Navigation Bar Modifier] Added the ability to set custom back, home, and recent icons.
- [Device Information] Added the Device, Memory, and Battery tabs.
- [Device Information] The build.prop information is now displayed in the right pane for easier access.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manual) Added the IMBd TV, and Files app to the manual (simple) app selection list for new gen devices.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manual) When an app fails to be disabled/hidden the Toolbox will properly inform you instead of notifying that it was successful.
- [ADB Shell] You can now paste text into the prompt by simply right-clicking the command textbox.
- [Play Services] Added support for changing play services download links for when they cease working.
- [Toolbox Webbrowser] Back and Forward buttons have been added to the webrowser tools.
- [Toolbox Updater] Added further fixes improvements to the micropatch process.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] (Manaual - Advanced) Improved the labels for some of the unnamed system apps.
quick wrap up from yesterday:
1. Nova launcher works
2. Google services work.
3. Hiding amazon apps does not work ( see attached)
3. When I try to sideload amazondebugger.apk, instant failure: "INSTALLATION FAILURE"
4. When I try to use ADB shell and copy the code as per above I get (see attached )
5. When I try to hide amazon crap ( see attached ). Idk why but pop congratulates with successful execution but in reality all amazon apps are still there.
if you got any other ideas lets do it, if not, I will just stick with all these amazon apps and make it work. thanx
Why, thank you my good friend! As for the easy option, pat yourself on the back... you and @Falcon342's feedback really helped me realize how bad it would've been if it was to be removed. As for @Reed_Enwright's problem I'm just hoping we can find a solution.
|Amazon Fire 10/10+ (2021)|
|Amazon Fire 8/8+ (2020)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2018)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2016)|
|Amazon Fire HD10 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2014)|
|Amazon Fire HD6 (2014)|
Extended debloat list designed to disable/hide packages the Toolbox currently doesn't support.
Tablet: Amazon Fire HD8 (2018)[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Device Codename: karnak
* Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
* Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
* Settings: The UI has been updated.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
* Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
* Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
* Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
* Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
* Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
* User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
* User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
* User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
* Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.
* Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
* Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
* The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
* Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
* Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
* Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
* NEW THEME: Terminal!
* Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
* The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
* Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
* Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
* Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
* Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
* NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
* Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
* Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them