Sorry for all the posts, I'm not having a good time here..
Last ditch attempt with factory reset, I'm guessing I have to let it do all the amazon updates before I stop ota and try the toolkit again, here goes..
Sorry for all the posts, I'm not having a good time here..
Dont let the tablet connect to wifi until you have disabled OTA and it wont update
These are some strange issues, i will do my best to help you resolve them,Hey folks, first off I'm going to apologise because I'm obviously missing something or doing something wrong but I can't seem to use many parts of the tool box without encountering issues. I've factory reset the device (fire HD8 plus 10th gen) multiple times, I bypass the wifi settings at the beginning by going into add network and back out allowing the skip option to appear. Into settings enable developer and USB debugging and connect to my PC ok the connection.
1. Google Services - Fails multiple times whether its downloading the 4 packages or installing them, I've deleted all the apk's in the services bin and have seen the tool box successfully reload them on an attempted installation, unfortunately there's no error code more than ''Installation Failures''. I can however install the play store via downloading over silk and installing that way but this seems to create other issues see no.3.
2. Installing a custom launcher, this has worked once or twice but usually I receive the error ''an error occurred during installation: Performing Push Install adb error: failed to get feature set: more than one device/emulator'' I've no emulators installed on my pc that I know and the only device plugged into my laptop is my mouse which I've even unplugged in case that causes it.
3. Google assistant, so even if I install google play services via silk it says ''uh oh google play services aren't installed''
4. Disabling updates etc is hit and miss too but as I don't connect it to wifi I don't think its causing an issue yet.
I've tried reinstalling the toolbox using v.17 etc still no joy, sorry I know this is probably me, any help would be greatly appreciated.
These are some strange issues, i will do my best to help you resolve them,
• reinstall the toolbox with Version 18.0
• Do you have other "smart devices" in your house, Roku, Alexa, Google assistant, or anything else that may have bluetooth on? If so unplug them restart your pc, then try the toolbox.
• Google assistant is hit or miss you can try the Google Assistant tool in the toolbox and see if that works.
• if you want to make sure updates are disabled, go into your tablet settings and try to check for updates, if it fails then your good to go.
• a fix for the custom launcher is: (v18.0 needed)
install the one you want onto your tablet via Google Play or any other sources,
Go into the "manage amazon apps" tool in the toolbox and disable fire launcher,
your new launcher should take over now.
Datastream33 had a fix for Google Contacts:Hi
Just got a Fire HD 10 Tablet 11th Generation. Used the Toolbox and now have a couple of minor issues.
First one concerns the Google Contacts app. When I run it it does not display any contacts. If I go into the settings for the app and click on "Google Contacts sync settings" nothing happens. If I then try and click on the "Accounts" setting I get an error "No app was found to handle this action". All the other Google apps (Gmail, calendar, drive etc) are syncing OK. Any thoughts?
Secondly the Alexa app does not load. I've tried disabling and restoring from the Toolbox. I can still use the wake word and issue voice commands without problems and use the show mode for a full screen Alexa but cannot run the app itself to configure and control it. As an aside I'm pretty sure that it ran OK earlier in the day. Again any suggestions?
However the rest of the tools worked great and I now have a fairly standard Android tablet without all the Amazon guff.
I don't think I can be of any help with Alexa though.
That fixed the contacts - thanks. I guess I could always start again to try getting Alexa app working - but that's a bit of a pain. I'll see how I get on without it - I have other devices I can set up smart devices. The device dashboard is actually very useful to me.
Have you tried re-enabling Device Setup on the Manage Amazon Apps page of the toolbox?Hi everyone, I've just used this toolbox on a 2021 Fire tablet and everything works perfectly.
However, I now want to change the system language, but every time I tap on language to change it, it just kicks me back to the previous menu.
It there any way to change this without having to do a full system reset?
• Disney+ can be kind of a pain, i got Disney+ working on a device without Google or Amazon by sideloading the apk from ApkmirrorFew things noticed:
1. Sometimes "install google services" gets stuck on first step without any progress. Restarting an app and trying again works properly in that case.
2. Hybrid Apps - installation for Disney+ worked through, but after that Netflix app wasn't installable via same menu. The both buttons for install broke and entire screen gets stuck on "Checking version". Even restart of app doesn't recover it so as uninstall of Disney+ manually. I was able to install both apks via adb tho.
3. Even tho I installed Hybrid Apps and disabled all amazon apps via necessary toolbox menus, the Disney+ wasn't working properly and was reporting "Amazon Appstore is not found", and was forcing me to install one. Once I enabled it back via respective Amazon apps menu, the Disney+ now shouted at me at app is not owned (lmao). In this moment I figured that apparently Disney+ is in status "Unavailable" in Canada on Amazon Appstore. Stupidly enough, with few random actions the Disney+ app still allowed me to close annoying windows with ownership and enter credentials. After that it kept complaining about ownership, but now I "disabled" Amazon Appstore back, and suddenly Disney+ is now working without any complaints while logged in. Am I asking too much from such tablet to just work properly for poor kid to watch goddamn cartoons?
4. Once in a while "Microsoft Launcher" that is installed is glitching heavily with lags and/or navbar is disappearing for it. I'm not certain if its due to games launched or such. Reboot usually helps.
If you are fine with one of the launchers that the toolbox offers than just use the custom launcher tool,
You need to use this tool:
Try going into your tablet settings and clearing data for the Alexa app,That fixed the contacts - thanks. I guess I could always start again to try getting Alexa app working - but that's a bit of a pain. I'll see how I get on without it - I have other devices I can set up smart devices. The device dashboard is actually very useful to me.
Fire Toolbox V24.0 - Changelog
- [Settings] Improved the speed of reading and writing setting changes.
- [Settings] Added an option to toggle off and on the Notification Center in the Startup category.
- [Tools] Added a brand new tool, the Notification Center!
- [Modify System Settings] When restoring default settings, only the settings in the currently selected category will be restored instead of restoring all settings.
- [Modify System Settings] Added the Networking tab, and a setting to change the DNS Resolver.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Apps that have already been disabled are now removed from the manual selection list (new gen only for now.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Added the Restore tab, and removed the debloat/restore radiobuttons.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] The Console output is now retained, instead of cleared after every operation.
- [Sideload Apps] The Toolbox now supports sideloading XAPK files!
- [Power Options] Redesigned and improved the UI.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Fixed incorrect package name for IMBd TV.
- [YouTube Clients] Updated all clients to the latest versions.
- [Main Menu] Improved the look of the UI's buttons, and improved the update speed of the Tool Descriptions.
- [Hybrid Apps] Updated the download links for Disney+.
- [Theming] Fixed a bug that prevented Main Menu from adopting the Toolbox's current theme sometimes on launch.
- [Google Services (Manage)] Add an option to update the Play Services app.
Not so fast with the panic;-)Oh, you're right! You're on the latest version and still getting the error? That's not good...
I sincerely hope the error isn't a direct result of the tablets not being Play Certified. According to Google, devices that aren't certified:
We may want to look at alternative third-party solutions such as Aurora Store...
- Devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not be secure.
- Devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not get Android system updates or app updates.
- Google apps on devices that aren't Play Protect certified aren't licensed and may not be real Google apps.
- Apps and features on devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not work correctly.
- Data on devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not back up securely.
Heres what i recommend:
|Amazon Fire 10/10+ (2021)|
|Amazon Fire 8/8+ (2020)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2018)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2016)|
|Amazon Fire HD10 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2014)|
|Amazon Fire HD6 (2014)|
*What's going on, guys? I hope everyone is having a wonderful October so far!
Hey, speaking of October... it's now spooky season! If you didn't know. Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday of all time! In celebration, I've prepared a fun little limited time theme for the Toolbox. I won't spoil it with any screenshots. Don't be scared, my friends... cop yourself the limited time Fire Toolbox V24.1 (Halloween Edition) build and experiance the spook!
Extended debloat list designed to disable/hide packages the Toolbox currently doesn't support.
Tablet: Amazon Fire HD8 (2018)[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Device Codename: karnak
* Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
* Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
* Settings: The UI has been updated.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
* Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
* Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
* Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
* Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
* Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
* User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
* User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
* User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
* Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.
* Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
* Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
* The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
* Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
* Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
* Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
* NEW THEME: Terminal!
* Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
* The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
* Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
* Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
* Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
* Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
* NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
* Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
* Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them