- Sep 17, 2017
We can only hope and pray this isn't a continuous thing.
We can only hope and pray this isn't a continuous thing.
Greetings!Apologies if this has been covered already; searching turns up a bunch of irrelevant results, too may to wade through.
A very long time ago I recall being able to disconnect an Amazon app from the play market, so Play won't keep trying to update it. It's been too many years (VERY early generation fire tablet) and I don't remember how to do that. I was hoping the toolkit would do the job for me, but I can't find anything in the menus that would do that.
The core issue is Alexa. I want to keep that app on my Fire HD8 so I can drop in on my echo when I'm away from home, and I don't want Play trying to update it, because it will break it.
Any suggestions on where to look to hide an Amazon app from Play?
I previously made a post which mentioned this issue and the solution, but I'll reiterate it here. In the recent Fire OS updates the name of the IMDb TV app package has changed from com.amazon.imdb.tv.android.app (which is the package the toolbox attempts to disable) to com.amazon.imdb.tv.mobile.app . Since the package has a different name the toolbox will always fail to disable it, as the package it is attempting to disable doesn't exist on your tablet. You can manually disable the current package using adb shell commands. To do so open the adb shell in toolbox and run the following command:
pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.imdb.tv.mobile.app
Sorry, about that gents! I'll make sure to fix in the next update! Thank you @Random_person563 for the report! I really appreciate it
Yeah, Play Services seems to be freaking out about needing to update for some reason even though the Play Store won't let us (we are hoping it's just a bug that will hopefully get fixed). You may need to sideload the latest version of Play Services using the Sideload Apps tool.Question - I used the tool to install Google Play Services on a new HD8 but it recently complained that the Google services were out of date and would no longer work (forgot the exact warning). I cannot update them from the device - uninstall seems to be the only option from the Play store.
Do I need to use the tool here to keep the libraries up to date constantly? Why can't I get them to auto update from the Play Store?
Hmm, try using the Sideload Apps auto-load for easy installation:Hello everyone.
I'm using Fire 10 (7th Gen). I cannot find a particular app in the Google Play Store called Easy Scroll. I can find it in the Play Store for my Kindle 8 Plus but not my Kindle Fire 10 (7th Gen). I've also tried downloading the .apk file and it doesn't show up in the "push" or "sideload" options. Any help would be appreciated.
Awesome, thanks! (Actually didn't know you could have it auto download - I was pulling from apkmirror and then using the sideload apps function) Will look into thatHmm, try using the Sideload Apps auto-load for easy installation:
That should do the trick. Hope this helps!
- Open the Toolbox, navigate to Main Menu 2, and execute the Sideload Apps tool.
- Check the box next to "Load app for sideloading after downloading" at the bottom of the window.
- Type in the name of the app into the search box.
- Press enter, and wait for the webpage to load.
- Select the desired app from the results, and click the "Download APK" button.
- When asked if you want to open or save the file choose "Save".
- Navigate to the "Downloads" folder and click "Save" (You must save the apk to the Downloads folder or the auto-load won't work as it's monitoring that directory in specific for new apks).
- Wait for the download to finish and close out of the Toolbox's Web Browser.
- You should see the app loaded into the App #1 field automatically.
- Now click the "Sideload" button to install the app.
Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for, but it will do.Greetings!
Unfortunately, the Toolbox isn't able to disable auto-updates in the Play Store automatically. You can however disable auto-updates globally for all apps (perhaps a little overkill), or you could visit each app's Play Store page and disable auto-updates that way.
To disable auto-updates globally:
To disable auto-updates per app:
- Open the Play Store.
- Tap your profile picture at the top right.
- Select "Settings" from the list.
- Expand the "Network Preferences" section.
- Tap "auto-update apps" and select the "Don't auto-update apps".
- Tap "Done" to save the changes.
- Open the Play Store.
- Search for the app you want to disable auto-updates for.
- Tap the app from the results to bring up it's page on the Play Store (page with Uninstall, Open, or Update buttons).
- Tap the ":" icon at the top right, and from the list uncheck the box for "Enable auto-updates".
- Rinse and repeat for an other apps you'd like to disable auto-updates for.
Just got toolbox to work and as someone else said, for such a productive piece of software kinda surprised that its a "coffeeware" app. Im kinda hooked on toonblast. The only game that after seeing an advertisement for an android game, over, and over and over-got it. Im hooked. In trying to sideload it - might just be able to get it through google apps - a funny situation came up. Toolbox is programed to accept APK's. Many new apks are also available or only available in XAPK format. Toolbox wont accept an XAPK because it only recognizes apks. Bug? I guess u need a fix and I need to send you a cup of coffee....or is there something im missing.
Greetings my friend!Just got toolbox to work and as someone else said, for such a productive piece of software kinda surprised that its a "coffeeware" app. Im kinda hooked on toonblast. The only game that after seeing an advertisement for an android game, over, and over and over-got it. Im hooked. In trying to sideload it - might just be able to get it through google apps - a funny situation came up. Toolbox is programed to accept APK's. Many new apks are also available or only available in XAPK format. Toolbox wont accept an XAPK because it only recognizes apks. Bug? I guess u need a fix and I need to send you a cup of coffee....or is there something im missing.
Greetings my friend!Hi I'm new to forum but got interested in this app since I wanted to customize my 11 gen Fire HD. Everything installed correctly and I had no problem doing some changes but I have stumbled across one that I can't find any kinda info to help work out. The parental controls keep blocking my ability to look at images I've moved from my PC to the tablet and the parental controls are not on at all! I even turned them off and on to see if that would make it work but it has not. Everytime I open the camera to access my gallery it keeps sending to turn off parental controls to view images but I go there and they are off and when I turn them on I do not see an option to grant access to the camera at all. What can I do? Thank you.
Greetings!Thanks. Not quite what I was looking for, but it will do.
It used to be possible to hide an app so Play doesn't even see it.
Maybe that's not possible any more, or maybe it takes rooting the tablet. I just don't want to invest the eternal vigilance to be sure root survives Amazon's updates. Too many other shiny objects clamoring for my attention.
At least turning off auto-update will keep Play from mangling that app. I'll make myself content with that.
Greetings!Hello, i have an issue with the Google Assistent. After a voice command, for example: Hey Google play minimalmix radio of tunein to item in bedroom, eveything works. But after a while, the google assitent is gone (the mic in the status bar disappeared). I have to go in the settings and change the standard app to none and back to google to get it working again and the mic symbol is shown in the status bar. This happens after every voice command. Without a voice command the mic symbol never disappears in the status bar. Any solution for this problem?
More information: I switch on (Standby) the Fire HD 10 (2019), i said: OK Google play Radio on the device bedroom. The music starts playing. I switch off (Standby) my Fire HD and after switch on again the mic symbol in the status bar disappears after 3 seconds.
That totally worked!!! Thank you so much!!Greetings my friend!
Parental Control messages usually appear if an an integrated activity fails to launch. Try restoring the Amazon Prime Photos app in the Manage Amazon Apps simple manual subtool and see if that helps. Best of luck and please let us know how it goes!
Greetings my friend!Thanks for this awesome toolbox! I have a Fire HD 10(2021) and I am having issues removing the lockcreen ads with the toolbox. When I click the option nothing happens. For the meentime I tried you old Automate feature and that seems to be working but automate has to always be running, is there anyway I can make the toolbox option work?
pm disable-user --user 0 com.amazon.kindle.kso
Device: Fire HD 10 (2019) Latest Fire OS
Running Toolbox 24.1 on a Windows 10 PC
Been using Toolbox for quite a while and hadn't needed to do anything until I started getting a Google Play Service error telling me to update services recently.
But no update in app / on the tablet was available.
So I opened TB and it auto updated, but not to the latest version of TB (weird), so I uninstalled/reinstalled to 24.1.
Tried Clear Data/Cache for play services
Uninstall Play Services
Update Play Services: Reinstall (21.36.14)
Restarting tablet in-between, but keep getting the same error:
View attachment 5435691
Can't seem to figure out what to do.
All suggestions are welcome.
Yep, that should do the trick!
In addition to what @Falcon342 has suggested, you could try simply toggling OTA Updates in the Modify System Settings - General tab. If that doesn't work then I'd highly recommend Falcon's suggestion!Hi
I hope you can help me, I purchased the new fire hd 10 plus about 2 month ago, I used fire toolbox to get Google play store, however I also like my tablet to have the latest software, I went into fire toolbox today to find that it has disabled automatic updates for software updates and I can't get this to enable again, is there a way for this to be done?
Fire Toolbox V24.0 - Changelog
- [Settings] Improved the speed of reading and writing setting changes.
- [Settings] Added an option to toggle off and on the Notification Center in the Startup category.
- [Tools] Added a brand new tool, the Notification Center!
- [Modify System Settings] When restoring default settings, only the settings in the currently selected category will be restored instead of restoring all settings.
- [Modify System Settings] Added the Networking tab, and a setting to change the DNS Resolver.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Apps that have already been disabled are now removed from the manual selection list (new gen only for now.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Added the Restore tab, and removed the debloat/restore radiobuttons.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] The Console output is now retained, instead of cleared after every operation.
- [Sideload Apps] The Toolbox now supports sideloading XAPK files!
- [Power Options] Redesigned and improved the UI.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Fixed incorrect package name for IMBd TV.
- [YouTube Clients] Updated all clients to the latest versions.
- [Main Menu] Improved the look of the UI's buttons, and improved the update speed of the Tool Descriptions.
- [Hybrid Apps] Updated the download links for Disney+.
- [Theming] Fixed a bug that prevented Main Menu from adopting the Toolbox's current theme sometimes on launch.
- [Google Services (Manage)] Add an option to update the Play Services app.
Not so fast with the panic;-)Oh, you're right! You're on the latest version and still getting the error? That's not good...
I sincerely hope the error isn't a direct result of the tablets not being Play Certified. According to Google, devices that aren't certified:
We may want to look at alternative third-party solutions such as Aurora Store...
- Devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not be secure.
- Devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not get Android system updates or app updates.
- Google apps on devices that aren't Play Protect certified aren't licensed and may not be real Google apps.
- Apps and features on devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not work correctly.
- Data on devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not back up securely.
Heres what i recommend:
|Amazon Fire 10/10+ (2021)|
|Amazon Fire 8/8+ (2020)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2018)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2016)|
|Amazon Fire HD10 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2014)|
|Amazon Fire HD6 (2014)|
*What's going on, guys? I hope everyone is having a wonderful October so far!
Hey, speaking of October... it's now spooky season! If you didn't know. Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday of all time! In celebration, I've prepared a fun little limited time theme for the Toolbox. I won't spoil it with any screenshots. Don't be scared, my friends... cop yourself the limited time Fire Toolbox V24.1 (Halloween Edition) build and experiance the spook!
Extended debloat list designed to disable/hide packages the Toolbox currently doesn't support.
Tablet: Amazon Fire HD8 (2018)[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Device Codename: karnak
* Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
* Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
* Settings: The UI has been updated.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
* Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
* Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
* Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
* Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
* Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
* User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
* User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
* User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
* Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.
* Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
* Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
* The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
* Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
* Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
* Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
* NEW THEME: Terminal!
* Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
* The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
* Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
* Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
* Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
* Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
* NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
* Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
* Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them