Should I use adb shell pm uninstall --user 0? or activate/disableI'd personally start with the packages listed in @Falcon342 and @maven33's Extended Debloat List. They've compiled a list of packages that are known safe to disable/hide. However, It's hard to recommend disabling/hiding other packages as we're still not entirely sure what the other system apps do, and what will break if we disable them.
Split screen is currently (as of the time of posting this) only supported on the Fire HD 10 (2021 / 11 Generation) and the Fire HD 10 Plus (2021 / 11 Generation)
Greetings my friend, and great question!Are notifications supposed to work for apps installed from the Google Play store? I'm having no luck with notifications on anything even after disabling battery optimization and granting all permissions. I've tried updating the Google apk files and that just caused Google apps to break.
Try disabling "Battery Optimization" for the apps you want notifications from.I am a Noob with this.
Is there a bridge (hack) to get notifications from Apps installed through Google Play Store.?
I have few apps I like to receive the notifications.
These apps do not show up under Amazon Recent Notification page.
I know this is a pipe dream.
thx in advance.
That looks like you have your font size set to 125% in Windows. The Toolbox doesn't deal with that well as you see. If you don't want to set your font size to the default 100%, the easiest thing to do is create another user account on your computer and use that when you need Toolbox.
It would be advantageous if you could be more specific about the error messages. Try to read them before they disappear. I know it's tough when they vanish before you get the chance to read them, but maybe you can find something that causes the error and repeat it a few times to read the message.
Hi All, I installed the GBoard (google keyboard) via the Toolbox, set as default, and enabled Voice Typing in Settings. Would anyone happen to have any ideas as to why my voice typing input would not be taking through the Google keyboard? Typing works fine then, but when I tick the microphone on the keyboard, no typing occurs as I speak. If I go back to the Fire Keyboard, the microphone works fine. I've deleted and downloaded from the PlayStore, same problem. Thanks!
In the top right cornor of the Toolbox there is a icon that looks like a person click that to change what profile your modifing
Fire Toolbox V24.0 - Changelog
- [Settings] Improved the speed of reading and writing setting changes.
- [Settings] Added an option to toggle off and on the Notification Center in the Startup category.
- [Tools] Added a brand new tool, the Notification Center!
- [Modify System Settings] When restoring default settings, only the settings in the currently selected category will be restored instead of restoring all settings.
- [Modify System Settings] Added the Networking tab, and a setting to change the DNS Resolver.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Apps that have already been disabled are now removed from the manual selection list (new gen only for now.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Added the Restore tab, and removed the debloat/restore radiobuttons.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] The Console output is now retained, instead of cleared after every operation.
- [Sideload Apps] The Toolbox now supports sideloading XAPK files!
- [Power Options] Redesigned and improved the UI.
- [Manage Amazon Apps] Fixed incorrect package name for IMBd TV.
- [YouTube Clients] Updated all clients to the latest versions.
- [Main Menu] Improved the look of the UI's buttons, and improved the update speed of the Tool Descriptions.
- [Hybrid Apps] Updated the download links for Disney+.
- [Theming] Fixed a bug that prevented Main Menu from adopting the Toolbox's current theme sometimes on launch.
- [Google Services (Manage)] Add an option to update the Play Services app.
Not so fast with the panic;-)Oh, you're right! You're on the latest version and still getting the error? That's not good...
I sincerely hope the error isn't a direct result of the tablets not being Play Certified. According to Google, devices that aren't certified:
We may want to look at alternative third-party solutions such as Aurora Store...
- Devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not be secure.
- Devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not get Android system updates or app updates.
- Google apps on devices that aren't Play Protect certified aren't licensed and may not be real Google apps.
- Apps and features on devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not work correctly.
- Data on devices that aren't Play Protect certified may not back up securely.
Heres what i recommend:
|Amazon Fire 10/10+ (2021)|
|Amazon Fire 8/8+ (2020)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2019)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2018)|
|Amazon Fire 10 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 8 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire 7 (2017)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2016)|
|Amazon Fire HD10 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD8 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2015)|
|Amazon Fire HD7 (2014)|
|Amazon Fire HD6 (2014)|
*Halloween Edition (V24.1)
*What's going on, guys? I hope everyone is having a wonderful October so far!
Hey, speaking of October... it's now spooky season! If you didn't know. Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday of all time! In celebration, I've prepared a fun little limited time theme for the Toolbox. I won't spoil it with any screenshots. Don't be scared, my friends... cop yourself the limited time Fire Toolbox V24.1 (Halloween Edition) build and experiance the spook!
**Due to an accidental deletion of code in the Remove Lockscreen Ads Run click event, the subtool was having issues launching. Please see the Bug Fix post, it includes a build that fixes this oversight. Sorry for the incovenice and please have a terrific day!
Extended debloat list designed to disable/hide packages the Toolbox currently doesn't support.
Tablet: Amazon Fire HD8 (2018)[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT] [INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]Device Codename: karnak
* Settings: Welcome Screen has been added to General Settings and can be toggled on/off at any time
* Settings: Settings now opens in a new window.
* Settings: The UI has been updated.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): When selecting an app it no longer appears in the output field.
* Manage Everything Amazon (Manual): the bug preventing the Camera and Calculator from being hidden on gens 7 and below has been fixed.
* Update Manager: After a successful update you can migrate your settings from the old version to the new one.
* Youtube Clients: Updated NewPipe and Smart Youtube TV to the latest versions.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Restore/Debloat now works with Toolbox added users.
* Device Detection: Support for the brand new Fire HD 8+ (2020) model have been added.
* Welcome Screen: Bug causing the Toolbox to close if the Toolbox wasn't installed to the default location has been fixed.
* Lockscreen Wallpaper: Gens 8+ can now change the lockscreen wallpaper without the use of WallChanger.
* User Management: The users list is now stored on the tablet itself instead of on the local PC.
* User Management: The Switch Users subtool has been added.
* User Management: When a user is removed the user is now properly removed from the users list.
* Manage Everything Amazon: Users created by the User Management tool can now utilize Remove/Restore Everything Amazon.
* Main Menu: The settings icon has been changed.
* Improved "Remove Everything Amazon" tool for Fire HD 8 and 10 (2017) models.
* Standard Shells in the "Adb Shells" tool now opens in a seperate window.
* The About page in the Settings now contains a direct link to the XDA Forum.
* Updated Automate, Launcher Hijack, GBoard, Nova Launcher, Smart Youtube TV, and YouTube Vanced apks to the latest version.
* Updated Mtk-su to version 9.
* Unwanted buttons have been removed from various tool UIs.
* NEW THEME: Terminal!
* Back and forward page buttons now match the current theme.
* The titlebar on the Main Menu now displays the number of pages, and the current page the user is on.
* Updater and Notification Center now use the Toolbox's current theme.
* Fixed padding issue with Device Found message.
* Fixed a Notification Center bug that prevented it from getting the notification from the server.
* Back button located in Sideload Apps tool has now been moved to the actionbar to the bottom left hand corner.
* NEW TOOL: Install Google Assistant!
* Architecture detection for the "Temporary Root Shell" tool has been reworked and improved.
* Upon startup the Toolbox will look for Fire tablet drivers and if drivers aren't found it will offer to install them