• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Windows Update settings in Windows 10 Mobile

Search This thread
A

Andrew[N]

Has anyone checked if changing this registry entry can influence on Windows Update work?

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate

I have info that changing this value to these numbers will affect WU in such ways:
2 - WU will warn before downloading and installing updates.
3 - WU will automatically download and suggest to install updates.
4 - WU will automatically download and automatically plan the installing of updates.
5 - WU won't do anything; a user should download and install updates manually.

But is it right?

EspHack2

Aug 8, 2016
Has anyone checked if changing this registry entry can influence on Windows Update work?

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate

I have info that changing this value to these numbers will affect WU in such ways:
2 - WU will warn before downloading and installing updates.
3 - WU will automatically download and suggest to install updates.
4 - WU will automatically download and automatically plan the installing of updates.
5 - WU won't do anything; a user should download and install updates manually.

But is it right?

as of 1607 it doesn't work unless on enterprise SKU, it did work back in 1511 I think, and option 5 was selected by default, I don't remember my phone ever doing anything other than checking for updates, I had to press download every time

but.. some people say it does work, so give it a try, I personally just gave up and just changed the phonemodelname to a 920

A

Andrew[N]

I cleared the question.
It works only in Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise. Windows ICD has these settings.
I installed W10M Enterprise on my phone and will check if it works, but it seems, that everything will be OK.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you have registry, you have value and someone told you it will effect the WU. ...but you asking someone else to check because you are too lazy. LOL