• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Wintec Class 10 microSDHC 16GB Card - $29.49

Search This thread

spanglmd

Dec 21, 2007
Saw this card on Newegg today. Pretty cheap for a Class 10 16GB card and reviewers state it meets Class 10 standards, and that it appears to be a rebranded Samsung card, so it is a quality product.

Android only supports Class 6, meaning this card should be plenty quick, and will utilize full Class 10 potential during file transfers over USB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161405

Merry Christmas!

MrDowntown12

May 22, 2010
Anybody got a good report on this? I wanna buy it but I see a few reviews saying it works for a week then dies... can anyone vouch for this card being solid?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

xenotech1

Nov 27, 2010
Wintec 16gb CL10

Just got the Wintec 16gb CL10 from Newegg, put it in my Sprint Hero to format and as soon as it finish saying setting SD card the screen locked up. removed battery/ installed and saw installed apps icons were gone in its places gear icon. Installed original 8gb and app icons were back but apps came up with FC. removed each app and reinstalled and they work fine now. I'm afraid to put the 16gb back in, it seems fine in my laptop. I have no idea whats wrong!

guitardoc64

Sep 26, 2007
Lake Charles,LA
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8T
I got one of these around Christmas. Formatted, partitioned and transferred my stuff. I thought all was well until I had to restore a nandroid and it bootlooped. I put my old 8G Sandisk back in and haven't tried again. So my experience was it worked about a week. I guess it's a write/read issue. I had trouble with recovery mounting the card to even see my backups. I had read reviews of spotty quality and I guess I had the bad luck of the draw.

Last edited:

jcj77d

Jul 26, 2010
on htc website, it says microSD 2.0 compatable, & i know some phones can only support so much extra storage, ie: some say microSD up to 16gb, so maybe the hero doesnt support high capasity cards.

anybody got a conformation on how big a microsd card we can go, that wont cause issues.

i was looking @ this card in the OP, but now im double thinking.

F

FdxRider

on htc website, it says microSD 2.0 compatable, & i know some phones can only support so much extra storage, ie: some say microSD up to 16gb, so maybe the hero doesnt support high capasity cards.

anybody got a conformation on how big a micro sd card we can go, that wont cause issues.

i was looking @ this card in the OP, but now i'm double thinking.

32GB class 6,a class 10 card will run at class 6 speeds when mounted in the phone.When unmounted and transferring files from your computer to phone or the opposite.

Last edited:
F

FdxRider

what brand?

If you mean the 32gb your gonna have to search cuz I've seen very few. Don't remember what brand,most that are 32 gb I've seen are class2. I have a class 10 8gb here and it runs slower in my phone than my class 6 does.Sorry I can't give you more info.My class 10 is a Patriot :(

Buda76

Jun 17, 2010
Olathe, KS
I bought the wintech 16 gig card back in january and 15 days later I woke up and my phone said the sd card was not formatted. Both windows 7 and ubuntu 10.10 only saw the card as 1 gig but neither could format it nor create new partition tables. I lost all the data but luckily had a semi recent backup on my computer. RMA'ed it back to newegg and got a 16 gig class 6 card from a more reliable manufacturer.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw this card on Newegg today. Pretty cheap for a Class 10 16GB card and reviewers state it meets Class 10 standards, and that it appears to be a rebranded Samsung card, so it is a quality product.

Android only supports Class 6, meaning this card should be plenty quick, and will utilize full Class 10 potential during file transfers over USB.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820161405

Merry Christmas!