I tried to play a bit with AOSP and thank to phhusson experiments with Treble I managed to have an AOSP 9.0 Pie ROM for our Moto G6, of course this is a WIP, I still have a lot of stuff to work on but it's a good starting point!
Since I use my Moto G6 also for my work I can't backup/format/flash my device every day, would be very very nice if anyone would like to help me to buy a new one dedicated to the development.
The goal is 250CHF (see here: https://goo.gl/mWeKFz)
If you would like to contribute you can donate here: paypal.me/pools/c/88dRQdo7o5
- Mobile data
What doesn't works / Not tested yet:
- Dolby Audio
- FM Radio
- Update to latest Android version
- Add GApps
- Add Browser
- Add WebView
- Update the kernel
- Cleanup & optimize
- [26.09.2018][TESTING] Moto G6
How to install:
- !!! First all you must have unlocked the bootloader.
- Extract the .tar.gz file.
- Put the device in fastboot mode: Press and keep pressed Volume - and then press and keep pressed Power for about 2-3 sec.
- Flash .img file using fastboot with:
$ fastboot flash system system.img
- Once done, reboot with:
$ fastboot reboot
- Have Fun!
Android AOSP 9.0 Pie, ROM for the Moto G6
Source Code: https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/tree/oreo-8.0.0-release-ali
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: AOSP
Current Beta Version: Pie-R01
Beta Release Date: 2018-09-26
Last Updated 2019-03-19