[WIP][Ali] Android AOSP 9.0 Pie (android-9.0.0_r1)

Search This thread

secuflag

Feb 1, 2018
Locarno
secuflag.blogspot.ch
2d7d2km.png

Hello all,

I tried to play a bit with AOSP and thank to phhusson experiments with Treble I managed to have an AOSP 9.0 Pie ROM for our Moto G6, of course this is a WIP, I still have a lot of stuff to work on but it's a good starting point!

Since I use my Moto G6 also for my work I can't backup/format/flash my device every day, would be very very nice if anyone would like to help me to buy a new one dedicated to the development.
The goal is 250CHF (see here: https://goo.gl/mWeKFz)
If you would like to contribute you can donate here: paypal.me/pools/c/88dRQdo7o5

BIG thanks!

What works:
  • RIL
  • SMS
  • Camera
  • WiFi
  • Mobile data
  • Bluetooth
  • Root

What doesn't works / Not tested yet:
  • NFC
  • Dolby Audio
  • FM Radio
  • Fingerprint
  • Other?

Next steps:
  • Update to latest Android version
  • Add GApps
  • Add Browser
  • Add WebView
  • Update the kernel
  • Cleanup & optimize

Download:

How to install:
  • !!! First all you must have unlocked the bootloader.
  • Extract the .tar.gz file.
  • Put the device in fastboot mode: Press and keep pressed Volume - and then press and keep pressed Power for about 2-3 sec.
  • Flash .img file using fastboot with:
    Code:
    $ fastboot flash system system.img
  • Once done, reboot with:
    Code:
    $ fastboot reboot
  • Have Fun!

XDA:DevDB Information
Android AOSP 9.0 Pie, ROM for the Moto G6

Contributors
secuflag
Source Code: https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/tree/oreo-8.0.0-release-ali

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Pie-R01
Beta Release Date: 2018-09-26

Created 2018-09-26
Last Updated 2019-03-19

Last edited:
G

GuestK00235

I really appreciate the work you are doing here! :good:

What about SafetyNet? Does it pass or fail? It's kinda important to me.

G

GuestK00235

Didn't test it yet, it's not a priority at the moment.
Oh okay. Actually I don't have the device. I'll probably get it next week, and as an android enthusiast, I couldn't stand Lenovo pushing updates late to the Moto G6 so I got excited when a Custom kernel and now your GSI showed up... Thanks for your work again.

teckgiik101

Jun 30, 2016
Navi Mumbai
@secuflag

I was successfully able to root phh's AOSP GSI.
If this ROM is based on that, root might most likely work on this one as well.

I'm just waiting to be able to flash gapps, that's the only thing stopping me from moving to 9.0

G

GuestK00235

I have one more question. Is this a 32bit or 64bit firmware? I'm really interested in using the GCam port with this device.

Dadud

Jun 11, 2012
@secuflag

I was successfully able to root phh's AOSP GSI.
If this ROM is based on that, root might most likely work on this one as well.

I'm just waiting to be able to flash gapps, that's the only thing stopping me from moving to 9.0

you can flash Gapps just fine, back when treble roms didnt come with android go gapps baked in, you would have to boot the phone up once, reboot into recovery, install gapps from unencrypted sd card or internal memory if you're using the encryption disabler zip, and then wipe/reboot again.

I have one more question. Is this a 32bit or 64bit firmware? I'm really interested in using the GCam port with this device.

G6 is not 64 bit compatible yet, there's a 64bit twrp out there and progress is being made, but nothing public yet.

G

GuestK00235

G6 is not 64 bit compatible yet, there's a 64bit twrp out there and progress is being made, but nothing public yet.

But The Moto G6 runs on Snapdragon 450 which is a 64BIT SoC, so...? I thought maybe This GSI would be 64bit?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2d7d2km.png

Hello all,

I tried to play a bit with AOSP and thank to phhusson experiments with Treble I managed to have an AOSP 9.0 Pie ROM for our Moto G6, of course this is a WIP, I still have a lot of stuff to work on but it's a good starting point!

Since I use my Moto G6 also for my work I can't backup/format/flash my device every day, would be very very nice if anyone would like to help me to buy a new one dedicated to the development.
    The goal is 250CHF (see here: https://goo.gl/mWeKFz)
    If you would like to contribute you can donate here: paypal.me/pools/c/88dRQdo7o5

BIG thanks!

What works:
    • RIL
    • SMS
    • Camera
    • WiFi
    • Mobile data
    • Bluetooth
    • Root

What doesn't works / Not tested yet:
    • NFC
    • Dolby Audio
    • FM Radio
    • Fingerprint
    • Other?

Next steps:
    • Update to latest Android version
    • Add GApps
    • Add Browser
    • Add WebView
    • Update the kernel
    • Cleanup & optimize

Download:

How to install:
    • !!! First all you must have unlocked the bootloader.
    • Extract the .tar.gz file.
    • Put the device in fastboot mode: Press and keep pressed Volume - and then press and keep pressed Power for about 2-3 sec.
    • Flash .img file using fastboot with:
      Code:
      $ fastboot flash system system.img
    • Once done, reboot with:
      Code:
      $ fastboot reboot
    • Have Fun!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android AOSP 9.0 Pie, ROM for the Moto G6

Contributors
    secuflag
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotorolaMobilityLLC/kernel-msm/tree/oreo-8.0.0-release-ali

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Pie-R01
    Beta Release Date: 2018-09-26

Created 2018-09-26
    Last Updated 2019-03-19
    Is this 32 bit or 64 or any progress with the update ? Keep up the good work buddy

I'm working on a new release with some updates, I should be able to release it in the week end.

Stay tuned!
    We've contacted the OP regarding a lack of GPL compliant source code. Once he/she responds. we can re-open, in the meantime it's closed.
    GSI has so many variants with no guarantee that it'll work. Nice to have someone to work for noobs
    In reality, the situation is a bit different. As someone that's flashed all arm a only builds publicly available, there's a reason device support is the same on all of them: they're all built off phhusson's device trees. This is also why new GSI builds after v105 of phhusson's trees don't boot for us (upstream breaking change we need to submit logs for).

Additionally, the correct way to have full device support on treble builds is only vendor changes, with no need to modify system. We're also about to have all new GSI built come with adaptive brightness, ble, and twist to open cam functionality.

And as the z2 has shown us, the way to get fingerprint gestures and other Moto actions functionality like double chop for torch is through moving Moto actions to vendor. Again, no need for a system change.

Probably the best noob-friendly way to support treble builds is to just post a working boot and vendor partition with the G6 overlay pushed, soundfx blobs removed, magisk flashed, and Moto actions working (what I've been waiting to get working before posting a full vendor partition).

And in the future when pursuing initial arm64 treble support, the modifications will still be (or should be) staying to only vendor and boot.
    Realistically, what needs to happen is we need to build a base ROM (like LineageOS), same as they've done for other treble compatible devices. This will then make it easier to maintain device, kernel, and vendor changes and will ultimately make GSI's more compatible rather than relying on the GSI developers to fix any bugs our device has while using them.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone