[WIP/APP] Volume+ (Gingerbread) v1.7 - Advanced Settings

Search This thread

Meltus

Jan 11, 2009
Manchester
www.androidaudiohacks.com
Q - Which is better? This or DSP Manager?
A - Neither. DSP Manager has a fully editable EQ whereas mine has EQ pre-sets and a volume multiplier. They both use the same API's (albeit in a slightly different way) but use different methods to achieve the volume boost. This app can also go much louder than DSP Manager can (not always a good thing!) so you will encounter distortion with the higher values.

THIS APP AND DSP MANAGER WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS IF THEY ARE BOTH ENABLED. PLEASE DISABLE ONE TO USE THE OTHER.

Q - Which is better? This or Voodoo Sound?
A - Voodoo Sound, If your kernel/phone supports it. See thread here - clickyclicky!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only for Gingerbread (2.3) Roms.

------------------------------------------
Current Version: 1.7.4
Version in Testing: 1.7.5 [not available yet]

KNOWN BUGS:
* None known

This is only for the main loudspeaker, turn it up too loud and it will distort horribly. You have been warned!
DSPManager will probably not work too nice with this app but it should be ok if you disable the "phone speaker" EQ in the settings.

The same effect can be achieved with DSPManager, but this can go much louder.

This shouldn't cause any damage to your phones speaker (unless you turn it up to +15 or so), but i would strongly advise against playing music out of your phone's speaker constantly. It distorts, therefore it's doing some damage, however minor it may be.
Enjoy!

Update: Volume+ v1.7.4 (ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET. WILL BE UPLOADING TO MY WEBSITE SOON)
* Disclaimer updated
* Credits list added
* Version Checker added
* Help and Info page added
* In-Call problems should be fixed

Android Market Links

>> For those of you who like my work and would like to donate, please consider downloading the 'Donate' version on the Android Marketplace (priced at £0.99) or click the PayPal banner in my sig!

>> Direct Market Link for phones

>> DOWNLOAD LINK FOR FREE VERSION!!!

Credits: Everyone on the CM team and especially the DSP Dev.

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for anything you do to your phone. If this breaks your phone's loudspeaker/your eardrums, well, I warned you.

Last edited:

rickytenzer

Sep 10, 2009
Awesome! Any chance to include a boost percentage? I find that it's a LITTLE bit too loud.

EDIT: Turned it off as I just realised that it COMPLETELY distorts my notification sound (Pollux).

Last edited:

rickytenzer

Sep 10, 2009
Thanks for the added features. However, it still distorts my notification tone (Pollux) at any setting but low. Any chance a treble fix would help?

abhi0n0nakul

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2010
delhi
Buy a different phone :)

Seriously, the speaker on the Nexus is dreadful, there's not a lot you can do.
I'm trying to get a compressor working but it's not responding very well.

you cant say its dreadful..
in cm 6.1.1 the speakers sound was as high as your volume fix does, but it was very smooth without any cracks..
its not yet achieved on gingerbread but that would be unfair to say that speakers are bad, coz on froyo they were loud enough.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Q - Which is better? This or DSP Manager?
    A - Neither. DSP Manager has a fully editable EQ whereas mine has EQ pre-sets and a volume multiplier. They both use the same API's (albeit in a slightly different way) but use different methods to achieve the volume boost. This app can also go much louder than DSP Manager can (not always a good thing!) so you will encounter distortion with the higher values.

THIS APP AND DSP MANAGER WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS IF THEY ARE BOTH ENABLED. PLEASE DISABLE ONE TO USE THE OTHER.

Q - Which is better? This or Voodoo Sound?
    A - Voodoo Sound, If your kernel/phone supports it. See thread here - clickyclicky!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only for Gingerbread (2.3) Roms.

Current Version: 1.7.4
    Version in Testing: 1.7.5 [not available yet]

KNOWN BUGS:
    * None known

This is only for the main loudspeaker, turn it up too loud and it will distort horribly. You have been warned!
    DSPManager will probably not work too nice with this app but it should be ok if you disable the "phone speaker" EQ in the settings.

The same effect can be achieved with DSPManager, but this can go much louder.

This shouldn't cause any damage to your phones speaker (unless you turn it up to +15 or so), but i would strongly advise against playing music out of your phone's speaker constantly. It distorts, therefore it's doing some damage, however minor it may be.
    Enjoy!

Update: Volume+ v1.7.4 (ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE MARKET. WILL BE UPLOADING TO MY WEBSITE SOON)
    * Disclaimer updated
    * Credits list added
    * Version Checker added
    * Help and Info page added
    * In-Call problems should be fixed

Android Market Links

>> For those of you who like my work and would like to donate, please consider downloading the 'Donate' version on the Android Marketplace (priced at £0.99) or click the PayPal banner in my sig!

>> Direct Market Link for phones

>> DOWNLOAD LINK FOR FREE VERSION!!!

Credits: Everyone on the CM team and especially the DSP Dev.

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for anything you do to your phone. If this breaks your phone's loudspeaker/your eardrums, well, I warned you.
    Update 1.2
    * Calculations were wrong making each option louder than it should have been. Now fixed.
    * Disclaimer added. Hell, i ain't getting sued! :D
    I will try this today on my N1 and NS. I will purchase it from the market as soon as I have a chance to try it out. Thank you for making it available here.:D:D
    It will. sorry, been away for the last few days. Ill upload it later :)
    Sorry for the delay

Update: Volume+ v1.4
    * Now includes various EQ pre-sets, separate from the Volume settings.
    * Bass Enhance will not do anything with certain EQ settings (treble boost, for example) because the lower frequencies have been removed completely.

Enjoy :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone