[WIP] ClockworkMod Recovery - FreeXperia

Search This thread

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Hi,

here comes Recovery for Play of Team FreeXperia.

Download here: (Beta1 - Update 20.06.2011 - 18:28h GMT+1)
http://www.multiupload.com/VC3JRZ74H0

Broken:
Cannot backup&restore boot partition (kernel related)

To test use this command:
fastboot boot recoveryPLAY.img

Button mapping: (thanks Logseman)
Back- Back
Home/Vol UP - Up
Menu/Vol DOWN - Down
Search - OK

Please DO NOT FLASH! This recovery is designed to work just as recovery, if you flash it to your device it will NOT boot system anymore!

Please test and report functions. If there are errors please include EXACT outpot of errormessage.

Thanks to Blagus for his Xperia Play Kernel!

To gain root on every ROM (Stock ones too) just flash the attached RootXperia.zip via Recovery :)
Regards
Bin4ry & Team FreeXperia

Attachments

• RootXperia.zip
    469.4 KB · Views: 72,467
Last edited:

Blagus

Jun 10, 2010
I assume we need to install the custom kernel first?

The recovery image is structured exatcly as boot.img, with the difference in executable files - regular boot.img boots Android system from /system partition, while recovery boots into... well, recovery :p
So, since it's structured just as boot.img, you have to pack kernel inside as well. That's where, in this case mine, zImage comes in handy ;) instead of unpacking SE's special boot.img structure, it was easier to take zImage from standard boot.img.

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
It looks weird in this DDMS capture, but in the phone it looks all right (black background, orange text). I've had no error messages of any kind.

Button mapping:
Back- Back
Home/Vol UP - Up
Menu/Vol DOWN - Down
Search/Power - OK

device-2011-06-19-152913.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Bin4ry

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
This capture looks funny :p
But important is how it looks on device. I doubt that ddms cannot capture 32bit framebuffers ;)

Regards
Bin4ry

Reactions: Nimche

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Ok, i did a nandroid, rebooted, booted back into bootloader and fastboot erased /system/, pushed the recovery back and tried to restore /system/ but i get the error " Error formatting system " i also get the same error in the mounts & storage menu :) can i flash the nandroid image from fastboot? :confused:

*edit* no it wont let me flash it from fastboot, it tells me the image is too large lol probably because i moved some widgets and lwp's to /system/, no worries i'll flash the image in the development section.

Last edited:

mehmehmen

Nov 26, 2008
Recovery booted fine, did a nandroid backup worked fine, not sure i want to follow suit and delete a load of stuff and try restore. will wait to see what androhero and bin4ry can figure out first with andro's issue

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Recovery booted fine, did a nandroid backup worked fine, not sure i want to follow suit and delete a load of stuff and try restore. will wait to see what androhero and bin4ry can figure out first with andro's issue

try and clear cache, see if you get the same error? if the action works it wont matter if cache gets formatted :)

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
I hope you can help me figure this out, because right now I am astonished at least.

I've been poking around with ClockworkMod, and getting a couple of errors. I know there is an error reporting utility inside CWM, "Report Error" in "advanced" so I made use of it. However, the log would save to "/sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log".

Since I'm using the custom kernel, I'm not able to use the sdcard as it seems to be improperly mounted. It shows as mounted in CWM, I unmounted it and remounted it again to no avail... though it can be mounted on the computer properly.

However, that's not the point. I thought I'd do a search on "recovery" with Root Explorer, wanting to find the Recovery.log somewhere else. And boy, did I find it. I found the two recovery logs I saved inside the folder /data/system/dropbox :confused::confused:. I happen to have DB installed in my Android. But not only that, I found my kmsg logs, and boot logs, registered there as well.

Hereby I attach the two recovery logs. Does it make sense that these kinds of logs are saved in such a folder? Am I worrying unnecessarily? :(

Attachments

• DropboxLogs.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 118

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Thanks for the logs.Dunno why they was stored in DB folder :p

@AndroHero:
Yes just restore the img files from backup via fastboot flash.

Regards
Bin4ry

svenk919

Oct 12, 2008
Enschede
When backing up the progress bar doesn't work and it can take some minutes, so just be patient when doing a back-up.

Are their any specific options you like us to play with?

mehmehmen

Nov 26, 2008
okay so i formatted the cache and it comes back

Cach wipe complete.
E:Can't Mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't Open /cache/recovery/log
E:Cant mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Cant Open /cache/recovery/last_log

it wiped cache ok but is this error something i need to be worried about in away before attempt wipe and restore of system with my nandroid?

svenk919

Oct 12, 2008
Enschede
The back-up made a cache.img, data.img, system.img and a .android_secure.img

I assume I can flash the system.img with fastboot like I used to do when rooting through fastboot? Could safe me the bloatware removal trouble after I get into a bootloop (yet again :p).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

here comes Recovery for Play of Team FreeXperia.

Download here: (Beta1 - Update 20.06.2011 - 18:28h GMT+1)
    http://www.multiupload.com/VC3JRZ74H0

Broken:
    Cannot backup&restore boot partition (kernel related)

To test use this command:
    fastboot boot recoveryPLAY.img

Button mapping: (thanks Logseman)
    Back- Back
    Home/Vol UP - Up
    Menu/Vol DOWN - Down
    Search - OK

Please DO NOT FLASH! This recovery is designed to work just as recovery, if you flash it to your device it will NOT boot system anymore!

Please test and report functions. If there are errors please include EXACT outpot of errormessage.

Thanks to Blagus for his Xperia Play Kernel!

To gain root on every ROM (Stock ones too) just flash the attached RootXperia.zip via Recovery :)
    Regards
    Bin4ry & Team FreeXperia
    No! You have NOT to install custom kernel to use this.
    Just issue the command i wrote on your windows console. Then phone boots into recovery!

Regards
    Do you plan on adding a "reboot into fastboot" feature in CWM?

Is not possible. You cannot invoke fastboot start from system. You always need a key pressed to get the blue light on :D

But we will implement a reboot into recovery feature, and maybe smth. like RomManager :)

Regards
    I assume we need to install the custom kernel first?

The recovery image is structured exatcly as boot.img, with the difference in executable files - regular boot.img boots Android system from /system partition, while recovery boots into... well, recovery :p
    So, since it's structured just as boot.img, you have to pack kernel inside as well. That's where, in this case mine, zImage comes in handy ;) instead of unpacking SE's special boot.img structure, it was easier to take zImage from standard boot.img.