• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[WIP] CyanogenMod Note 5 Rom + Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
How you use dual boot? Link to thread perhaps? Please?

Sent from my SM-N9200 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

@the_grim_creeper can you do me a huge favour? Can you please mention me in a post after Fingerprint is added? Please?:confused::eek:

Sent from my SM-N9200 using XDA Labs
No problem mate

Reactions: fp1707

bam654

Jun 6, 2013

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
Please post screen shots of rom information page and make sure it matches this one
49e5ed3cea1941a51779446ad79bd6a3.jpg

If it doesn't match or kernel version is v3.5 beta use this link for now
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_9ZyoDzI8u_YjZKMVM4T1N4REE/view?usp=drivesdk
Until op gets sorted

Last edited:

bam654

Jun 6, 2013
If someone gets the sim working on n920p I will be donate! Probably will donate either way you guys are doing great work!!

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
If someone gets the sim working on n920p I will be donate! Probably will donate either way you guys are doing great work!!
I heard it's in the works
Not sure but don't donate for that reason mate
Just have fun a little patience will get those pesky branded phone's up to speed

Oh fyi there was a new build that got done today with apps crash and camera fixes. but before they even compiled the thing the hdd died and latest commits ( and old ones too ) died with it
Hdd is dead like wont boot won't mount unrecoverable. I am Not too sure whats the next step..
But just getting you guys up to speed with the latest info [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Last edited:
Reactions: Cone1237 and bam654

Chicken4K

Sep 3, 2015
I heard it's in the works
Not sure but don't donate for that reason mate
Just have fun a little patience will get those pesky branded phone's up to speed

Oh fyi there was a new build that got done today with apps crash and camera fixes. but before they even compiled the thing the hdd died and latest commits ( and old ones too ) died with it
Hdd is dead like wont boot won't mount unrecoverable. I am Not too sure whats the next step..
But just getting you guys up to speed with the latest info [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Damn.. I would send you a HDD if I could
Thank you developers for your hard work!

Rainbow_Dash

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Its not me that needs a hdd mine is working great [emoji16]
Its @Rainbow_Dash peace sh!t mac that died ( i warned him about 82 thousand time not to get a mac he didn't listen )

On a plus side @Lil_Assasin machine is still working [emoji16]
Bro i thought 800$ for a 2009 core 2 duo mac was a good deal...........I knew it was too cheap to be good................. :p

Rainbow_Dash

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
It was a good deal if it was still working i like the machine allot but the amount of trouble you went through is crazy
Well connection pads were coming off the display cable and the ram slots were so used i had to superglue the ram in place and it came with no rubber feet not to mention the scratches.
And now the dead hard drive
Still not that bad for an used apple product

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

To anyone that didnt know so far yesterday the one and only hard drive in which cm13 development data was stored died.I didnt backup nor upload any of the data anywhere so literally the last hope of this project lies in if something can be recovered from that drive.It had clicking sounds before but idk.I will send the drive to an "professional data recovery centre" to see if anything can be saved (was more worried bout the drive than cm anyways).Until then im waiting for theyr response.This is the last time im buying Seagate(and possably a mac).
That is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: bam654

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Well connection pads were coming off the display cable and the ram slots were so used i had to superglue the ram in place and it came with no rubber feet not to mention the scratches.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

To anyone that didnt know so far yesterday the one and only hard drive in which cm13 development data was stored died.I didnt backup nor upload any of the data anywhere so literally the last hope of this project lies in if something can be recovered from that drive.It had clicking sounds before but idk.I sent the drive to an "professional data recovery centre" to see if anything can be saved (was more worried bout the drive than cm anyways).Until then im waiting for theyr response.This is the last time im buying Seagate(and possably a mac).
That is all.
Ugh, I can't believe the project is dead. What a shame.

Cone1237

Feb 17, 2012
Boston

To anyone that didnt know so far yesterday the one and only hard drive in which cm13 development data was stored died.I didnt backup nor upload any of the data anywhere so literally the last hope of this project lies in if something can be recovered from that drive.It had clicking sounds before but idk.I will send the drive to an "professional data recovery centre" to see if anything can be saved (was more worried bout the drive than cm anyways).Until then im waiting for theyr response.This is the last time im buying Seagate(and possably a mac).
That is all.
I might be able to donate a computer to you let me see what I have left at work sir

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: The_grim_creeper

Rainbow_Dash

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Just as an idea/reminder i dont need anything from any of you.Its been rly nice to see ppl legitimatly wanting to ship me drives and some entire computers but belive me i have maaaaany spare drives even 6tb ones its just that it so happnes that all my and cm data were on that single drive that failed........
I apreciate the fact that your legit wanting to support me and this project but srs unless you are going to give me an exact image of what was on this drive (which i can bet that u dont have) there is rly nothing that can be done.
I did find an partially incomplete backup of the cm13 sources that i belive is 3 weeks old and i think it should be enough to begit with.If it wasnt for this backup (which i belive it was ment to give for a friend who was curious to see how my code looked) right now i would probably closing threads and getting an op3.
This is my problem and fault and cant belive ppl are legit worried about it.
Development will continue either way
Either way im not sending that drive for recovery bcuz they are asking for more then this entire phone is worth

Last edited:

Cone1237

Feb 17, 2012
Boston
Just as an idea/reminder i dont need anything from any of you.Its been rly nice to see ppl legitimatly wanting to ship me drives and some entire computers but belive me i have maaaaany spare drives even 6tb ones its just that it so happnes that all my and cm data were on that single drive that failed........
I apreciate the fact that your legit wanting to support me and this project but srs unless you are going to give me an exact image of what was on this drive (which i can bet that u dont have) there is rly nothing that can be done.
I did find an partially incomplete backup of the cm13 sources that i belive is 3 weeks old and i think it should be enough to begit with.If it wasnt for this backup (which i belive it was ment to give for a friend who was curious to see how my code looked) right now i would probably closing threads and getting an op3.
Either way im not sending that drive for recovery bcuz they are asking for more then this entire phone is worth
Iv been on this sight since 2009 and that's what this place is about us the people that download and have fun with all your hard work in your spare time most of us will help and donate things needed money about respect for you devs and themers iv also learned a lot from everyone in here helping out when needed to show appreciation to you all peace out

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: The_grim_creeper

fp1707

Feb 25, 2016
Los Angeles
Can I somehow donate my lunch money for this drive? I really want CM 13

Rainbow_Dash

Nov 23, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Guys i am sorry to announce that unfortunately bcoz of too many obstacles we are dropping cm13.......................in favor of cm14.
We have been looking on android n since the first previews launched and now i think we are ready to jump on it.
Our first android n release will surely be this month if we are lucky maybe this or next week.
( i actually prepaired an 30line speech that i was supposed to copy paste here but since that drive is dead..... i had to improvise)
I will say tho that as cm14 will be an entirely different build we might have to start from 0 ( no camera,no stability etc.) and bcuz of that this build is ment to be just "a proof of concept" that it can be done and we do not expect it to be used in any case of srs manner.
Until samsung releases android n for this device we might never see a stable build as for without theyr premade sources I do not have the skill to bring it to a stable level by backporting from android 6.0 sources.
After we are done making our first release of android n we will be back to cm13 hoping to bring it at a stable level(not that it isnt already)
That is all

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Guys i am sorry to announce that unfortunately bcoz of too many obstacles we are dropping cm13.......................in favor of cm14.
We have been looking on android n since the first previews launched and now i think we are ready to jump on it.
Our first android n release will surely be this month if we are lucky maybe this or next week.
( i actually prepaired an 30line speech that i was supposed to copy paste here but since that drive is dead..... i had to improvise)
I will say tho that as cm14 will be an entirely different build we might have to start from 0 ( no camera,no stability etc.) and bcuz of that this build is ment to be just "a proof of concept" that it can be done and we do not expect it to be used in any case of srs manner.
Until samsung releases android n for this device we might never see a stable build as for without theyr premade sources I do not have the skill to bring it to a stable level by backporting from android 6.0 sources.
After we are done making our first release of android n we will be back to cm13 hoping to bring it at a stable level(not that it isnt already)
That is all

Thats great news...Good luck. Really wish someone could figure out the call audio on Tmo Note5. I would be running it as a DD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gentlemen i have good news and bad news:
    Good news is that my first test build of cm14,android n has booted succesfully
    Bad news is that touch doesnt work.............probably forgot to change from n6p drivers to s6e+
    All that im sayin is that our first android n release might come sooner than you guys think.........

Am i wrong or was my phone the first samsung to ever boot android n?
    ok after staring like a pedo onto some logs it appears that i didnt forget changing drivers (pros never do that right?)but much rather theres something wrong with my packing script.Gave a ton of missing files (that 100%are there) which did cause the aftermentioned issues,so we still do not know how android n is or not.
    Also last minute change we decided to switch from cm14 to aosp based n.
    Right now we need to figure out what is wrong with this script and if it turns out ok we could* in theory* make a release tomorrow.
    Ok so i tested with another file and guess what . It still worked flawlessly
    cae7f8b3c05aa7e2e5e099a530edf661.jpg
    5114c13dcaca5585590bbf586290bae7.jpg
    1042785672167fabd925c8abaaf842a3.jpg
    0989acd362cfcbf5fb6a1f07b55f9404.jpg
    see for yourself
    Hey guys don't need to sound rude or anything like that. We will Pm the user's who want to test when it's ready. But right now we are looking at bugs and core stability of the rom, while working on bugs (like the video codecs) and looking into other things that we come across.. I have told grim to hold off for now... So need no to pm us like crazy. We are all excited after all!

The camera is being one if our main concerns right now. And that's why the next update is being delayed.

-MynogeN