• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[WIP] CyanogenMod Note 5 Rom + Kernel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fa_alatibi

Feb 10, 2015
sorry ,, my English is not good

I'm using this ROM in 7 hours ago

-if I try open the gallery from camera or status bar it force close

-screen recorder didn't work after finished record and I play the video said "can't play this video" I try app from google play like (screen recorder 5+) after start record the cast screen in setting start and said "screen recorder 5+ connected" he he I don't know why but if I try start record he think me cast my screen so I can't record my screen (is not big problem) but to you know about this .

-video recording doesn't work

-any camera another system camera doesn't work (like Snapchat , google duo etc)

-music app force close (just 1 time)

-after reboot my phone the data doesn't work I must change the network type to 3g and back to LTE and it will work

-in setting the "memory" The number is not real (like he said my videos size 51 M but I know my videos size is 2.31 G

finally xposed installer work fine I install it and install android n-ify it works fine

if I found any thing I will write it

and the streaming video very very good

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
hey,i want to try this but i dont know how install it,i need to donwload the rom (mynogeN6.1.zip),Gapps (nano) and kernel?,can you add the step?
Exactly download them in twrp back up all your stuff especially efs then wipe system and data and cache ( do not wipe internal storge )
Then install Mynogen6.1 the gapps then the last kernel i posted to flash kernel select install img then select the boot.img and when twrp prompts you select boot then flash reboot it will take about 4 minutes

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

@RyQril I get ~30c while charging. And when I woke up this morning the phone temp was 22.3c. I'm running this on the pure kernel. No other battery apps at all
Which pure kernel ???

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

@RyQril I get ~30c while charging. And when I woke up this morning the phone temp was 22.3c. I'm running this on the pure kernel. No other battery apps at all
Or you mean the kernel that came with the rom

Well try the one i just posted its fast and runs cooler and better on battery

Leo_is_m

Sep 14, 2015
Exactly download them in twrp back up all your stuff especially efs then wipe system and data and cache ( do not wipe internal storge )
Then install Mynogen6.1 the gapps then the last kernel i posted to flash kernel select install img then select the boot.img and when twrp prompts you select boot then flash reboot it will take about 4 minutes

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Which pure kernel ???

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Or you mean the kernel that came with the rom

Well try the one i just posted its fast and runs cooler and better on battery
Yeah the one that came with the ROM. Should've clarified.

wigglitz

Nov 4, 2010
Cicero, IL
Thank you guys so much for all of your work and being just great people. I sincerely apologize if I just somehow missed a definitive answer regarding this but... I've searched a handful of times and kept reading back through pages... The no sound during calls is still a bug for the tmobile variants yeah? I wish I could donate some more for all you've done and continue doing, but now I'm not sure when I can next just finding out I have to pay over 2 grand out of pocket for some ridiculous car repair that the service people can't even understand how happened :/.

enochpc

Jan 23, 2012
Enoch
Thank you guys so much for all of your work and being just great people. I sincerely apologize if I just somehow missed a definitive answer regarding this but... I've searched a handful of times and kept reading back through pages... The no sound during calls is still a bug for the tmobile variants yeah? I wish I could donate some more for all you've done and continue doing, but now I'm not sure when I can next just finding out I have to pay over 2 grand out of pocket for some ridiculous car repair that the service people can't even understand how happened :/.

So one person tested it and said call audio still doesn't work, although they tried a fix. There is a new kernel however that may or may not make a difference. I am going to test myself but might not be able to until later this evening, downloading all the files now.

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
So one person tested it and said call audio still doesn't work, although they tried a fix. There is a new kernel however that may or may not make a difference. I am going to test myself but might not be able to until later this evening, downloading all the files now.
Unfortunately yes but expect a fix soon its being taken a little more seriously now

The_grim_creeper

Aug 3, 2016
I tested the boot.img
Device would not boot, stuck on cm boot ani.
:(
[emoji2] you eithr dirty flashed or tried dualboot probably caused that issue because it doesn't get patched

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I have a lg g3 vigor. Its a straight poop shoot phone. But i would use it and ship grim that smn920p. I could use a flipping flip phone to wait for cm. Just putting that out there......

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Will do a little more research on sprint thanks for the offer but i cannot accept your phone as a genie pig for god know how long it will take

Will take a look at sprint source and see whats going on under the hood i will probably call on you guys for tests if not me then rain or lil will but they are hardly on here they would be busy cooking roms and kernels and stuff

Reactions: bam654

Planet Z !!

Feb 14, 2013
[emoji2] you eithr dirty flashed or tried dualboot probably caused that issue because it doesn't get patched

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Will do a little more research on sprint thanks for the offer but i cannot accept your phone as a genie pig for god know how long it will take

Will take a look at sprint source and see whats going on under the hood i will probably call on you guys for tests if not me then rain or lil will but they are hardly on here they would be busy cooking roms and kernels and stuff
Word. No rush man. You guys are flying pace wise as is. Appreciate you even trying. If it ever comes down to needing a lab rat device pm me. I dont mind for the cause. Thanks again.

Is this the correct source zip ?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By1qJV6BVww0eFZlZVlJSW42QnM/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mikefnz

Jan 30, 2008
Christchurch
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 7T
sorry ,, my English is not good

I'm using this ROM in 7 hours ago

finally xposed installer work fine I install it and install android n-ify it works fine

Sent from my SM-N920C using XDA-Developers mobile app

Which Xposed version did you use? I'm having problems with v86sdk23arm64.

Anyone else installed Xposed successfully?

Many thanks

Update: I was using Wanam's version which was specific to Samsung. Official Xposed version appears to work. :)

Last edited:

mikefnz

Jan 30, 2008
Christchurch
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
OnePlus 7T
Which Xposed version did you use? I'm having problems with v86sdk23arm64.

Anyone else installed Xposed successfully?

Many thanks

Update: I was using Wanam's version which was specific to Samsung. Official Xposed version appears to work. :)

I seem to have lost phone service now ("no service") and the only way I've found to get it back is to revert to a TW ROM.
I will keep trying a few approaches....
Any suggestions?
Many thanks

hondafreak513

Jan 22, 2013
Williamsburg

I can help with any testing for sprint, I would love to get it working for us

Sent from my SM-N920P using XDA-Developers mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gentlemen i have good news and bad news:
    Good news is that my first test build of cm14,android n has booted succesfully
    Bad news is that touch doesnt work.............probably forgot to change from n6p drivers to s6e+
    All that im sayin is that our first android n release might come sooner than you guys think.........

Am i wrong or was my phone the first samsung to ever boot android n?
    ok after staring like a pedo onto some logs it appears that i didnt forget changing drivers (pros never do that right?)but much rather theres something wrong with my packing script.Gave a ton of missing files (that 100%are there) which did cause the aftermentioned issues,so we still do not know how android n is or not.
    Also last minute change we decided to switch from cm14 to aosp based n.
    Right now we need to figure out what is wrong with this script and if it turns out ok we could* in theory* make a release tomorrow.
    Ok so i tested with another file and guess what . It still worked flawlessly
    cae7f8b3c05aa7e2e5e099a530edf661.jpg
    5114c13dcaca5585590bbf586290bae7.jpg
    1042785672167fabd925c8abaaf842a3.jpg
    0989acd362cfcbf5fb6a1f07b55f9404.jpg
    see for yourself
    Hey guys don't need to sound rude or anything like that. We will Pm the user's who want to test when it's ready. But right now we are looking at bugs and core stability of the rom, while working on bugs (like the video codecs) and looking into other things that we come across.. I have told grim to hold off for now... So need no to pm us like crazy. We are all excited after all!

The camera is being one if our main concerns right now. And that's why the next update is being delayed.

-MynogeN