Search This thread

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
[size=+4]LG F[/size][size=+3]RAMEWORK[/size]

[size=+3]~~ A[/size][size=+2]NNOUNCEMENTS[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

Dec 4 2016
Deleted github repo (it's not helping)
Oct 23 2016
4K + HFR Mod by @defcomg (manual install only, flashable zip later)
Oct 9 2016
Project is now online, partially (GitHub) details below
Sep 10 2016
Experimental LG Camera port uploaded
Aug 15 2016
Opened our GDrive folder to public and overhauled OP

[size=+3]~~ A[/size][size=+2]BOUT THE PROJECT[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

LG Framework is the backbone of every bloat feature LG added and this project aims to re-inject those important things to be able to run again OEM-implemented features like QuickCover, QuickMemo, QuickSlide Apps, etc. (LG Camera included in the list)
AOSP delivers the performance that we sought, but with those improvements come sacrifices. Other features shipped by LG aren't included in those lovely projects. So here we are, the X7 Team, and our kind and brave testers, to bring forth LG's bloat work to the world of Open-Source Softwares (not to open-source or reverse engineer it)

[size=+3]~~ M[/size][size=+2]ISCELLANEOUS[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

| LG Framework and Related Works |
G2 Camera Chromatix Mod (second page)
| G2 Camera by @B!GBOY |

Last edited:

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
Just a little update here...

LG's framework seems to be properly named... their code's easy to track... LGCamera are disassembled... LGMemo are disassembled, LGMemo too... Maybe if I could just find "where" the hidden framework are ahahahhaha

So I will start porting the framework for running the most important!

STOCK LGCamera... (lemme re-emphasize :p ) "Stock" not ported LGCamera with all functions working :p ;)
I already seen its possible since all codes are exposed... and native libraries are easy to modify too :p
Guys... we're seeing so much light here ahahahah

EDIT: BANG!!! Gotcha!!!
Code:
android.media.action.IMAGE_CAPTURE_OEM_MODE

Last edited:

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
Just a little update here...

LG's framework seems to be properly named... their code's easy to track... LGCamera are disassembled... LGMemo are disassembled, LGMemo too... Maybe if I could just find "where" the hidden framework are ahahahhaha

So I will start porting the framework for running the most important!

STOCK LGCamera... (lemme re-emphasize :p ) "Stock" not ported LGCamera with all functions working :p ;)
I already seen its possible since all codes are exposed... and native libraries are easy to modify too :p
Guys... we're seeing so much light here ahahahah

EDIT: BANG!!! Gotcha!!!
Code:
android.media.action.IMAGE_CAPTURE_OEM_MODE
i really hope so thats what keeping me from going aosp. :good:

Reactions: lollipo

rdNNNN

Dec 21, 2014
If you are trying to port the camera and all the framework, you migh aswell have a look into the "advanced binaries 2.0.0" which XCAM uses that are ported from G Pro 2 LP 5.x.x. They seem to give overall better quality and you can get them as a .zip from the OT.

Keep us updated ^^

Startrek852

Apr 24, 2015
Albuquerque
If you are trying to port the camera and all the framework, you migh aswell have a look into the "advanced binaries 2.0.0" which XCAM uses that are ported from G Pro 2 LP 5.x.x. They seem to give overall better quality and you can get them as a .zip from the OT.

Keep us updated ^^

Dude, he's using a backup from CloudyG2 which already has an advanced camera driver.

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
Just a little clarification here... Even though a software is closed source, that doesn't mean you can't port it...

It is also open source... but in a hideous way :p Nothing can stop someone dedicated

And also that's why there are such a thing called "disassembly" and cross-referencing binaries ("diff" in short?)

Remember... someone already did port stock (Oxygen OS) camera binaries to CM for Oneplus One

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
I just realized that the framework used between Kitkat and Lollipop are so different... Ghash XD
But the function is pretty same, just refactored, and some are stripped out... Focusing now on just CloudyG2 3.3's framework...
Btw... does anyone here knows how to know the name of a library? XD

There is a library that LG Camera API uses which is named "hook_jni" in java interface but what *.so might it be looking? Who is "hook_jni"? Does anyone know?

aleasto

Jul 15, 2012
Milan
For those who wants to be on the bleeding edge, you can have one now ;)

But I can't ensure anything with this hyper alpha, stability, function, and safety... All of it is not assured... I haven't tried it also XD

Pm me if you want to try it ;)

Lollipop/Marshmallow/Doesn't matter?

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
Lollipop/Marshmallow/Doesn't matter?

As of now... only for CM13 :p as it is already a good base to start with and it is already CAF which means their software is already surpassing the qualities of an OEM one, but as always... OEMs have something we don't have :3

Wow u are amazing. Pls tell us if u try it

Nope, I won't try it XD as I am pretty sure that it will cause havoc to CMSDK and to our precious SystemUI. I'll try it in a later stage

Last edited:
Reactions: lollipo and jl10101

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
Those that already downloaded the alpha... I already tested it and it won't flash XD

And yeah I will let it now on the wilds (people demanded it so here it is now)... Its still the same software I just fixed updater error 6 (it was a syntax error, my bad)
[size=+2]Flash at your own risk, Haven't tested it yet, and is for CM13 only, MAKE NANDROID BACKUPS FIRST[/size]

LG Framework Fixed v0.01

EDIT: News here again, I tested it and then did another pass to the codes and my predictions are correct... I missed the permissions for executing the API inside so its like its worthless... but because LG seems to be exposing things too much, it seems that permissions are laid somewhere in /system/etc/permissions... @Startrek852 ???
Another news... It booted just fine :p testing for bugs but i think it booted fine because the whole framework is not allowed to execute ahahahha, will release again once this mess is fixed

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+4]LG F[/size][size=+3]RAMEWORK[/size]

[size=+3]~~ A[/size][size=+2]NNOUNCEMENTS[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

Dec 4 2016
    Deleted github repo (it's not helping)
    Oct 23 2016
    4K + HFR Mod by @defcomg (manual install only, flashable zip later)
    Oct 9 2016
    Project is now online, partially (GitHub) details below
    Sep 10 2016
    Experimental LG Camera port uploaded
    Aug 15 2016
    Opened our GDrive folder to public and overhauled OP

[size=+3]~~ A[/size][size=+2]BOUT THE PROJECT[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

LG Framework is the backbone of every bloat feature LG added and this project aims to re-inject those important things to be able to run again OEM-implemented features like QuickCover, QuickMemo, QuickSlide Apps, etc. (LG Camera included in the list)
    AOSP delivers the performance that we sought, but with those improvements come sacrifices. Other features shipped by LG aren't included in those lovely projects. So here we are, the X7 Team, and our kind and brave testers, to bring forth LG's bloat work to the world of Open-Source Softwares (not to open-source or reverse engineer it)

[size=+3]~~ M[/size][size=+2]ISCELLANEOUS[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

| LG Framework and Related Works |
    G2 Camera Chromatix Mod (second page)
    | G2 Camera by @B!GBOY |
    Initial VBM testing is a success giving us more flexibility to what we can do to our device :) (actually any android armhf device)

We can now do:
    • Offline framework recompilation
    • LG Software injection to Android resources
    • Advanced automatic rollback system in case of failures
    • Polymorph ROMs [size=-3]theoretical*[/size]

[size=-3]By polymorph I mean adapt the ROM so that a device-specific ROM can work to another (like porting D802 roms to F320x)[/size]
    Any news?

Currently filtering out the framework to what we only need and I'm also trying to track down what caused the slowdowns and the low storage false alarm. I am also injecting a new component to the installer, OpenJDK itself (it is now running but extremely slow as it uses Zero VM)
    LG Framework is now working properly.

To those that wants to have an early look.... Here it is

LG Framework

This includes the LG Framework itself, LG Camera (G2 version) and related libs... Other LG APIs embedded within Android's builtin methods are to be merged on next release (so there's nothing much to see), hopefully, including a Full-Mode Camera HAL (support for high speed capture, 120fps, 4k and burst shot)

XCam support is also planned, and patcher to incompatible must-be-compatible LG Apps (only if OpenJDK worked on our internal experiments)

And btw, LG Camera has it's own post-processor that triggers in certain lighting conditions, and produces a photo of lesser noise.

Cheers everyone!

Edit: Download link taken down due to severe bug
    [size=+1]What's Happening?[/size]
    • Currently testing the framework resource which is injected manually
    • The code part of LG Framework is now working to CM-based ROMs
    • (Low Priority) Bypass signature checks using selective exclusion to avoid security holes
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone