[WIP][DEV][PORT] LG Framework for LG G2 AOSP/CM/CAF

Search This thread

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
Please upload any CM's framework.jar here and services.jar...

I want to test something

Btw... Experiment 22 is not working, there is no CLASSPATH entry on init.environ.rc, I think. I reverted the "Experiment (framework).zip" file back to v21.

Startrek852

Apr 24, 2015
Albuquerque
Please upload any CM's framework.jar here and services.jar...

I want to test something

Btw... Experiment 22 is not working, there is no CLASSPATH entry on init.environ.rc, I think. I reverted the "Experiment (framework).zip" file back to v21.

Here you go. They're not exactly from CM, but it's from AICP which is based on CM. And FYI, they're from Nougat.

Attachments

• framework.jar
    6.3 MB · Views: 8
  • services.jar
    3 MB · Views: 8

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
Here you go. They're not exactly from CM, but it's from AICP which is based on CM. And FYI, they're from Nougat.

Push this to system via adb after clean flashing Exp21. I made changes that are framework specific (universal method will come after this?) and also patched services.jar to accept all signatures (unsafe, will try to make a workaround next time) since android won't parse lge-res apk due to signature mismatch. Let''s hope LG Apps will work now :fingers-crossed::p

framework.jar
services.jar

PS. I can't upload directly to xda :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: mariosenta

denissxrus

Push this to system via adb after clean flashing Exp21. I made changes that are framework specific (universal method will come after this?) and also patched services.jar to accept all signatures (unsafe, will try to make a workaround next time) since android won't parse lge-res apk due to signature mismatch. Let''s hope LG Apps will work now :fingers-crossed::p

framework.jar
services.jar

Bootloop on AICP from 28.12.16

Startrek852

Apr 24, 2015
Albuquerque

framework.jar
services.jar

OK, I'm done. I wiped System, Data, Dalvik, and Cache, then I flashed my ROM, then GApps, SuperSU, blastagator's bumpboot zip, then the framework zip, then I ADB pushed the framework.jar and services.jar. There were no reboots in between any of the steps. Now what do I do?
EDIT: @denissxrus No bootloop here on D801 12/28 build.

Last edited:

denissxrus

OK, I'm done. I wiped System, Data, Dalvik, and Cache, then I flashed my ROM, then GApps, SuperSU, blastagator's bumpboot zip, then the framework zip, then I ADB pushed the framework.jar and services.jar. There were no reboots in between any of the steps. Now what do I do?
I used D802 28.12.16 build on my F320, maybe that was a reason of bootloop.
@xxoscarxx28 can you mod framework and services from XOSP 7.1

Last edited:

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015

Can I have a complete logcat and try launching unmodified LG Camera also

I used D802 28.12.16 build on my F320, maybe that was a reason of bootloop.
@xxoscarxx28 can you mod framework and services from XOSP 7.1

I can but maybe we should see first if the other one is working :p

Last edited:

Startrek852

Apr 24, 2015
Albuquerque
Can I have a complete logcat and try launching unmodified LG Camera also

The logcat is attached. Also, LG Camera won't open, I took a logcat after it crashed, it's also attached. Also, I did a little digging and I found out that lge-res and lge-res-permission didn't get installed even though they were in the correct place, so I thought I would try running pm install on them to see what it said. For lge-res, it gave me this error:
Code:
Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION: Failed reading res/drawable-xxhdpi-v4/switch_bg_focused_holo_dark_latin.9.png in [email protected]: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF has invalid digest for res/drawable-xxhdpi-v4/switch_bg_focused_holo_dark_latin.9.png in res/drawable-xxhdpi-v4/switch_bg_focused_holo_dark_latin.9.png]
and for lge-res-permission it gave it this error:
Code:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE: Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.lge.permissions-1: Package com.lge.permissions has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!]

Attachments

• lgframework_logcat.zip
    85.9 KB · Views: 8
  • lgcamera_logcat.zip
    86.5 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Dev Dezigns

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
The logcat is attached. Also, LG Camera won't open, I took a logcat after it crashed, it's also attached. Also, I did a little digging and I found out that lge-res and lge-res-permission didn't get installed even though they were in the correct place, so I thought I would try running pm install on them to see what it said. For lge-res, it gave me this error:
Code:
Failure [INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_UNEXPECTED_EXCEPTION: Failed reading res/drawable-xxhdpi-v4/switch_bg_focused_holo_dark_latin.9.png in [email protected]: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF has invalid digest for res/drawable-xxhdpi-v4/switch_bg_focused_holo_dark_latin.9.png in res/drawable-xxhdpi-v4/switch_bg_focused_holo_dark_latin.9.png]
and for lge-res-permission it gave it this error:
Code:
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_SHARED_USER_INCOMPATIBLE: Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.lge.permissions-1: Package com.lge.permissions has no signatures that match those in shared user android.uid.system; ignoring!]

Try this new services.jar... I fixed some things I missed (bypass <checkSignaturesLP> method where the error came from) I can't think of any fix for the first error for now.(EDIT2 is a possible fix?)

EDIT: Seems like I messed up something in signatures of lge-res??? :eek: (which made the first error you got)
Replace lge-res of Experiment 21 with this one then clean flash the new zip, then push framework.jar and services.jar, then clean dalvik-cache just to be sure. If the error becomes different, name it as Experiment 23 then upload here :)
EDIT2: Maybe I could just also bypass digest checking in case the lge-res.apk here doesn't work??? (another compromise)

Attachments

• services.jar
    3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Startrek852

Apr 24, 2015
Albuquerque
Try this new services.jar... I fixed some things I missed (bypass <checkSignaturesLP> method where the error came from) I can't think of any fix for the first error for now.

EDIT: Seems like I messed up something in signatures of lge-res??? :eek: (which made the first error you got)
Replace lge-res of Experiment 21 with this one then clean flash the new zip, then push framework.jar and services.jar, then clean dalvik-cache just to be sure. If the error becomes different, name it as Experiment 23 then upload here :)
EDIT2: Maybe I could just also bypass digest checking in case the lge-res.apk here doesn't work??? (another compromise)
So, the new services.jar worked for lge-res-permission, but the new lge-res didn't work. It still gave the exact same error when trying to install it, so I resigned the APK and that worked, but then it gave me almost the exact same error that it gave me for lge-res-permission, so then I tried adding another patch to services.jar, AND IT WORKED!!! Both lge-res and lge-res-permission got installed!! But LG Camera still won't open. I attached a logcat for that, Experiment 23 with the working lge-res, and my new services.jar.

Attachments

• lgcamera_logcat.zip
    178 bytes · Views: 28
  • services.jar
    178 bytes · Views: 18

xxoscarxx28

Mar 29, 2015
So, the new services.jar worked for lge-res-permission, but the new lge-res didn't work. It still gave the exact same error when trying to install it, so I resigned the APK and that worked, but then it gave me almost the exact same error that it gave me for lge-res-permission, so then I tried adding another patch to services.jar, AND IT WORKED!!! Both lge-res and lge-res-permission got installed!! But LG Camera still won't open. I attached a logcat for that, Experiment 23 with the working lge-res, and my new services.jar.

Let's see what error it gives us now :p
EDIT: Ummmm... lgcamera_logcat.zip only has 178 bytes??? Invalid zip file. Please re-upload all attachments. They are all 178 bytes.
<html>
<head><title>301 Moved Permanently</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>301 Moved Permanently</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>
Ahahaha

Last edited:

impactor

Jan 6, 2011
Kraków
:good::good::cool:

This thread is paved with great promises, good ideas and great hopes. But little more.

After ten months, has anything functional been produced here? At least one feature that works which didn't? Maybe I haven't been following it very closely so correct me if I am wrong - but there is nothing. I haven't seen a single post from a user who flashed this and said "yeah, it works!" with regard to at least one feature listed in the OP.

Therefore, I remain hopeless about this project and the likelihood it can produce anything close to what was promised.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [size=+4]LG F[/size][size=+3]RAMEWORK[/size]

[size=+3]~~ A[/size][size=+2]NNOUNCEMENTS[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

Dec 4 2016
    Deleted github repo (it's not helping)
    Oct 23 2016
    4K + HFR Mod by @defcomg (manual install only, flashable zip later)
    Oct 9 2016
    Project is now online, partially (GitHub) details below
    Sep 10 2016
    Experimental LG Camera port uploaded
    Aug 15 2016
    Opened our GDrive folder to public and overhauled OP

[size=+3]~~ A[/size][size=+2]BOUT THE PROJECT[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

LG Framework is the backbone of every bloat feature LG added and this project aims to re-inject those important things to be able to run again OEM-implemented features like QuickCover, QuickMemo, QuickSlide Apps, etc. (LG Camera included in the list)
    AOSP delivers the performance that we sought, but with those improvements come sacrifices. Other features shipped by LG aren't included in those lovely projects. So here we are, the X7 Team, and our kind and brave testers, to bring forth LG's bloat work to the world of Open-Source Softwares (not to open-source or reverse engineer it)

[size=+3]~~ M[/size][size=+2]ISCELLANEOUS[/size][size=+3] ~~[/size]

| LG Framework and Related Works |
    G2 Camera Chromatix Mod (second page)
    | G2 Camera by @B!GBOY |
    Initial VBM testing is a success giving us more flexibility to what we can do to our device :) (actually any android armhf device)

We can now do:
    • Offline framework recompilation
    • LG Software injection to Android resources
    • Advanced automatic rollback system in case of failures
    • Polymorph ROMs [size=-3]theoretical*[/size]

[size=-3]By polymorph I mean adapt the ROM so that a device-specific ROM can work to another (like porting D802 roms to F320x)[/size]
    Any news?

Currently filtering out the framework to what we only need and I'm also trying to track down what caused the slowdowns and the low storage false alarm. I am also injecting a new component to the installer, OpenJDK itself (it is now running but extremely slow as it uses Zero VM)
    LG Framework is now working properly.

To those that wants to have an early look.... Here it is

LG Framework

This includes the LG Framework itself, LG Camera (G2 version) and related libs... Other LG APIs embedded within Android's builtin methods are to be merged on next release (so there's nothing much to see), hopefully, including a Full-Mode Camera HAL (support for high speed capture, 120fps, 4k and burst shot)

XCam support is also planned, and patcher to incompatible must-be-compatible LG Apps (only if OpenJDK worked on our internal experiments)

And btw, LG Camera has it's own post-processor that triggers in certain lighting conditions, and produces a photo of lesser noise.

Cheers everyone!

Edit: Download link taken down due to severe bug
    [size=+1]What's Happening?[/size]
    • Currently testing the framework resource which is injected manually
    • The code part of LG Framework is now working to CM-based ROMs
    • (Low Priority) Bypass signature checks using selective exclusion to avoid security holes
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone