[WIP/DEV/ROM] MIUI ROM! Pngs finished! Calling All Devs! (12-22-10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2010
Chula Vista, CA
HTC EVO 3D
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
hey you guys if you guys need the source code for miui why dont u just decompile the miui rom using this tool:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12181796

You do realize you just linked to a thread that was closed and from a guy who wanted money.

Because source isn't the problem.

Guys, this isn't going to be happening, try and let it go :(

Very much agree. MIUI won't come to mdpi devices. If you really want MIUI get a new phone, or use a theme. You could use iHero, but there are still bugs in it and I wouldn't suggest it for daily use.

cobitts15

Jun 3, 2011
Pompano Beach, Fl
Very much agree. MIUI won't come to mdpi devices. If you really want MIUI get a new phone, or use a theme. You could use iHero, but there are still bugs in it and I wouldn't suggest it for daily use.

I just don't understand it can't be rebuilt from the ground up for mdpi devices, why would stop a phones screen resolution stop it from having this awesome rom? Can somebody please put me in my so I could understand, cause even though I gave up waiting and upgraded got what I wanted I'm just curious and want to learn and possibly experiment since I have a spare Hero, unless somebody wiser then I wants to buy it cheap to do their best efforts.

Sent from my MIVO using XDA Premium

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
At cobitts first of all watch your language and second don't adverstise phones for sell in these forums there's a market place in xda for that. And if you still don't understand why this can't be done why don't you try reading back a few pgs first.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App

Last edited:

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
I just don't understand it can't be rebuilt from the ground up for mdpi devices, why would stop a phones screen resolution stop it from having this awesome rom? Can somebody please put me in my so I could understand, cause even though I gave up waiting and upgraded got what I wanted I'm just curious and want to learn and possibly experiment since I have a spare Hero, unless somebody wiser then I wants to buy it cheap to do their best efforts.

Sent from my MIVO using XDA Premium

What part of "we don't have armv6 libs" do you not understand? It's not about a phone's screen resolution. It's about the tools to create armv6 from scratch, which no one will do because it's almost impossible without the MIUI dev's help.

Maybe I should say this again, for all you hopefuls who really just don't get it.

You are NOT getting this ROM for this phone. No amount of interested devs or interested users is going to make a difference. It sucks, I know. But the Hero is not a device of the here and now anymore, if you're looking for advanced features and ROMs, you'll want to upgrade, it's that simple.

The Hero was a fantastic phone, but it's time to upgrade. I ended up doing it finally, and honestly, I couldn't be happier with my phone.

kevphan08

Aug 12, 2010
Close this thread

Can one of the mods please just close this thread, or any other thread made after this that involves "oh well maybe I've found a way to make MIUI work, blah blah blah" just auto end the thread unless they've got a ROM to let others use or even proof. It's getting ridiculous.

Sorry just so annoying.

Bierce22

Nov 10, 2010
canton ga
Can one of the mods please just close this thread, or any other thread made after this that involves "oh well maybe I've found a way to make MIUI work, blah blah blah" just auto end the thread unless they've got a ROM to let others use or even proof. It's getting ridiculous.

Sorry just so annoying.

100% agreed this thread should've died months ago

Sent from my SCH-I400 using XDA App

nikson346

Jul 20, 2010
Varna
It is actually possible. The speed will be greatly reduced, but all features will be enabled. You just port the framework and then resize the apps. As log as it doesn't have to do with the libs it's portable. BTW it's not my idea it's jeasuzx's

Maxamillion

Feb 5, 2011
It is actually possible. The speed will be greatly reduced, but all features will be enabled. You just port the framework and then resize the apps. As log as it doesn't have to do with the libs it's portable. BTW it's not my idea it's jeasuzx's

Is that difficult to do? So there is still hope?

Sent from my Gingerbread on Dream using XDA App

Maxamillion

Feb 5, 2011
Ok...sorry for the long drawn out time between posts...but this Rom is just not gonna happen. Sorry about the bad news but I have tried everything from the initial converting from hdpi to mdpi...to rewriting the xmls, etc... decided to get help from a known "super dev" and built a custom kernel... then got up with a few devs to rebuild the source and we all hit a brick...even though the coding should have worked...it would not take the driver set....aka...dead for mdpi devices...once again...I am sorry for the bad news but I and others have given it our best and regretfully cannot do any more. Thank you all for the support and patience...just wish I could have got this up.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Could u share ur rom with all those modifications you made with us? Maybe another device besides the hero can get it to boot. You can't make an assumption that just because it didn't work on the hero it wont work on another device. So can you please post a link to the rom.zip with all your modifications?

Sent from my Gingerbread on Dream using XDA App

seflash

Feb 10, 2010
Soesterberg
nice, i got a hero recently and already have a desire running miui, in one word, the best rom on android.
is there a test build of this rom available or is it wise to wait for a beta?
not to stress anyone, just eager to run this on my hero, go devs!

rizdog23

Apr 7, 2011
Pittsburgh
nice, i got a hero recently and already have a desire running miui, in one word, the best rom on android.
is there a test build of this rom available or is it wise to wait for a beta?
not to stress anyone, just eager to run this on my hero, go devs!

So by this im going to guess that you did not read much...because this will never, i repeat, NEVER, happen. We do not have the ability to completely take this rom apart and make it run on an armv6 processor. Way to bump an old thread, by the way. If you are waiting for a beta, then you better be patient because the ETA is never. Good day to you sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of the MIUI rom to our mdpi devices. We need help to get this ROM running on our lower end devices (ie: Hero, G1, Magic, etc). Please PM alexthearmo if you are willing to help in any way!

Update 12/22/10: We are officially done porting every single png in every apk to be compatible with our phones (mdpi). This has been a huge undertaking and many people were involved: ehac1680, alexthearmo, neilege, andronut, dannybiker, moxlon69, asadullah, and jpool81 (if I forgot you, please PM me). Unfortunately, this project is now beyond our capabilities. Now that the tedious work is done, we need some Devs who are willing to get these APKs to run on our devices. I am posting a link to the new mdpi MIUI apks, so that any willing DEV can take this project to the next level. PLEASE don't let this project be abandoned! It is now in the hands of the community/devs!

Here are the MDPI MIUI APKS. <-----These are all the apk files that are found in the MIUI ROM.

Credits: A detailed list of who did which apks

If you are interested in learning more about the MIUI rom, check out the following links!

MIUI ROM in action: MIUI VIDEO

Read about the latest MIUI update here: MIUI UPDATE

And here's a link to the ROM for any DEVS who want to look at it and help port: MIUI ROM DOWNLOAD <--- Don't Flash! This ROM has the old (hdpi) apks. If you want the new (mdpi) ones, download them from the top of the OP.

Keep this thread positive and proactive and soon enough we'll have a sweet ROM! Thanks for a great community!

God bless!

Oh grumble grumble. The grinch is feeling the christmas spirit today...
    Ok, I can do it but here's what I need:

1. Repacked apk files. Remember it's 2.2 aosp so for the most part the apps themselves just need to be shoved into a 2.2 rom.
    2. The HTC Hero MIUI Rom (or the wildfire, or the other one but what we really need for everything to work is the hero rom, and I know it will not be cdma so some things will never work [unless you could get the source from them but I doubt it]). I will need to deconstruct the framework.apk file.... well... maybe not? I know I can shove it to the phone and if it doesnt work then I can go back and reload.
    2. Since it's just 2.2 aosp HEAVILY modified, I can just put the files in that.
    3. Could take a while for testing.
    Updated instructions on how to port the pngs to mdpi!

Here are detailed instructions on how to port the pngs for anyone who is interested in helping. It's really easy! The more help we get the quicker we can have this ROM! :D

Before starting, install these programs on your pc.
    This is for the PNGS Program for PNGS
    This is for 9.pngs Program for 9.pngs

Once installed, you can start:

1) Download the MIUI ROM at the bottom of the first page (original post).

2) unzip it.

3) Open the folder and find system/app.

4) Choose an apk file from the system/app folder that hasn't been worked on (see original post for a list of files that are currently being worked on).

5) Once you've chosen your apk (or apks) PM Alexthearmo so he knows which ones you are working on, and can update the original post so others don't work on the same apk.

6) Rename the apk to .zip and unzip the files (or just use the free program "7zip" to unzip the apk...either way works).

7) Go to the RES folder. In the res folder you will find some folders with the word "drawable" in the titles. Any folder that has the word "drawable" somewhere in the title has pngs that need to be edited. (Note: It is a good idea to check the other folders too, just in case there are some pngs hiding in them as well).

Now that you've found the images, we can start resizing them. We will start with the regular pngs first.

8) Open the Multiple Image Resizer program that you just installed and click: "Add individual images".

9) Navigate to the folder with the images you want to resize and select ALL of the PNGS (Note: Do NOT select any 9.pngs. They will get ruined!) and click "open".

10) Now that your images are in the program, go to the bottom of the program window and you will see "Save Options". Click on it and and create a folder that you want to save them to (Note: It's a good idea to name the folder the same as the folder you are taking the images from. Like, Drawable-hdpi or whatever it's called. I usually save them on my desktop). Also...click "Maintain Original Resolution". Make sure "Processed Image Filetype" is set for PNG and NOT jpeg!

11) Now, on the bottom panel navigate to "Processing Options" and make sure only "Resize Images" is checked.

12) Now, on the bottom panel navigate to "Resizing Options". Check the "Percentage" option, and then enter 66% into the little percentage box.

13) Finally, navigate to "Go" and click "Go". It'll resize all your pngs at once! :D

14) Do this for each folder in the apk with regular pngs in them till all your pngs have been resized.

Now we can start resizing the 9.pngs

15) Open one of the drawable folders from your apk, and delete all the regular pngs (since you've already resized them and they are in a separate "finished" folder). By deleting all the original sized pngs, you will be able to see which 9.pngs need to be edited. Note: Make sure to double check before clicking delete! You definitely don't want to accidently delete any 9.pngs.

16) Find any 9.pngs that are the same size (ie: multiple images that are 48x48, or multiple images that are 126x20, etc.)

17) Select all the images that are the same size (ex: all images that are 48x48)

18) Use a calculator to find out what 66% of 48 is. For example...type in 48, then multiply it by .66. The answer is about 32. This will be the size of your new images: 32 x 32! (NOTE: If the image is not a perfect square you will need to find out what each number is...for example, if the image is 120 x 100, then you need to multiply 120 by .66, which is 79, and then multiply 100 by .66 which is 66. So your new image will be 79 x 66)

19) Once you've figured out the right size for your new image (and you've made sure that all same size images are selected) right click one of the images and select "resize pictures".

20) Select custom, enter your new image size, make sure the "Resize the original pictures (don't create copies" box is checked, and click ok. (Sometimes the 9.pngs don't resize properly if you check the "Resize the original pictures" box...so maybe it'd be better to just keep it unselected, let it make copies, and then delete the originals and rename the new ones...at least for the 9.pngs...but give it a try both ways, and see which way works for you.)

21) Once your selected 9.pngs have been resized, drag and drop them into your "finished" folder with the pngs that you resized earlier. This way, you know exactly which 9.pngs you have left to do.

22) Do this again for all the different sized pictures in the folder, remembering to change the measurements to their new sizes (multiply by .66 to get the right measurements).

23) You are done! Now zip up the RES folder and PM it to Alex letting him know you are done. Make sure you remind him what apk (or apks) it was for.

24) Alex will add your name to the HERO MIUI "hall of fame" in the original post where it will stand in all its' glory forever and ever! :D

Asadullah made a video, but his process might be a little different than what I wrote...but still, feel free to check it out if it will help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhnsAtKKoOg

Thanks for your help! Let's get this done!
    I want to help you... I try to port on G1... so we can collaborate...
    I'll probably be able to port something today. I'll do something simple and throw up a video on it so others can learn. It'll be about editing xmls and pngs

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App