[WIP][DEV] S-Off [off-topic discussion prohibited]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mykeldrip

Jun 8, 2010
So maybe stupid question. What is super cid? And when I change to all 1's do I accomplish super cid or should I be doing something different than what is listed to get super cid?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
No one else has answered but why is it better?

I understand we can then flash any ruu...but what else?

Value your opinion hence why I'd love your thoughts!

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

huh. dont think other reply understood your question. you answered it yourself. Its a big deal to be able to install any firmware (ruu) Normally you cant downgrade. Like me, i had the new update 1.85 but there wasnt a root exploit. I didnt have supercid so i couldnt downgrade my firmware to rootable firmware. Now with supercid 11111111 i caould install 1.82 ruu and then root.

Reactions: ptesmoke

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007
This is a quote from OP from PM

"You shouldn't need SuperCID to flash custom roms. That is more if you want to flash a Roger's rom to an AT&T device for example."

Lostwarriorram

May 27, 2007
NOVA
So maybe stupid question. What is super cid? And when I change to all 1's do I accomplish super cid or should I be doing something different than what is listed to get super cid?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

SuperCID allows you to flash any rom (Roger's ROM & other compatible ROMs) which might not be possible without SuperCID. Yes, by changing the CID value to 11111111, you are achieving SuperCID.

Squeak22

Aug 14, 2010
7 months and counting on the Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Verizon controls their RIL on all their devices and refuses to give any details on how it works. That's most of the problem.

I'm hoping that AT&T isn't as huge of a asshat (but judging from the bootloader I'm not expecting that much).

Reactions: meadhros

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Verizon controls their RIL on all their devices and refuses to give any details on how it works. That's most of the problem.

I'm hoping that AT&T isn't as huge of a asshat (but judging from the bootloader I'm not expecting that much).

I love the term asshat. Isn't used enough IMHO.

What's the consensus on the usefulness of the soff partitions we have. I assume even with the ability to hex comp and see what changed when it was soffed, the partition in question won't jive with the rest?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Adam5400

Oct 9, 2010
It depends on if its in a signature checked partition, which I'm not sure it could be, because there are official HTC methods to changing to S-OFF without a brand new image.

And if I remember correctly from other phones, it will probably just be a one byte change from the original partition.

Last edited:

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
maybe s-off is as trivial and easy as the bootloader unlock lol. That would be nice. hmmm if Rogers is s-off and we can spoof our phone to think its a Rogers... would that help any? Or are the internals to different

Seriously. I spent two weeks overthinking the unlock, and it took a fresh pair of eyes about 4 hours...:b. Something tells me this won't be so simple, but we'll see...I'm gonna go through the soff partitions anyway, wtf.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

OK, bootloader is unlocked, I am working on recovery, so the next challenge is....................S-OFF!!! Aw, f%@ck, I thought i had my life back...

I invite all users with ideas and/or knowledge to jump in and tell me what they think I am doing right and what makes me a moron. I have no pride, so lay it on me.

I will post progress reports in Post #2.

Anyway, here's to getting this done quickly.

Steve

Moderator Edit
    This Thread has been moved back to the development section in an effort to put an end to the off topic discussion.
    Given the size of this thread I'm going to suggest that you USE the Search thread feature located at the top to make sure your suggestion or idea has not been attempted already.

ANY OFF TOPIC POSTS WILL BE DELETED!
    Confirmed S-Off for Evita. Booyah! And its all software as well, no hardware required. What a find by our man beaups! :) confirmed working
    You suck at moderating ... We have no use of you.. go now we 'd be better off without you in these forums...you suck you suck you suck you suck ...power hungry people like you make me sick

Goodbye

XwEap.jpg
    Progress Reports

Just starting out...
    More good news Here.............

There have been 3 crucial files that we have been needing and searching for.

Partition.XML
    8960_msimage.mbn
    Mprg8960.hex

I was able to build 2 of them from scratch and they are proper

8960_msimage.mbn
    http://db.tt/zePePzCO

Partition_boot.XML
    http://db.tt/IeKEAsLj

So we have 2 ready, now to make them usable we need the mprg8960.hex, which is the flash programmer. Once we have the 3 together, we can flash the emmc to a big USB storage device, and we can build from scratch. This should not only benefit s off but unbricking any Evita that is in qshusb mode, regardless of how it got there and what firmware it was on......

8960_msimage.mbn is used in conjunction with the mprg8960.hex to flash emmc into usb storage device.

Partition_boot.XML will be used to flash sbl1, sbl2, sbl3, tz and rpm if one of them becomes corrupted.....namely sbl3 or rpm, as we sit, if either of those get borked, there is no fix ATM.

So......mprg8960.hex......we need to find one or build one:beer:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I'm not investigating the pads on the motherboard ATM. A bricked hox cant provide the testing needed so if anyone else wants to jump on that it may provide some good news for us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2