• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[WIP][Guide] Dualboot Nougat-MIUI-Oreo-Pie J5 2016

HWDEV

Nov 24, 2017
Khulna
In this thread I'll show how to run different ROM at the same time in J5 2016 Using Dualboot Patcher APP.
So Let's go

Warning : Advanced User Only

Everybody wants to taste all rom for his device . But unfortunately almost all user (99%) use only one rom in his device though he wants to taste latest lineageOS (Oreo,Pie) , MIUI , TOUCHWIZ UI ( Different Version ). So they wipe stock and install desired rom for some hour/day.

But Dualboot Patcher removes this barrier.

I personally used 3 roms [ Stock touchwiz , MIUI 8 , Lineage 16 (pie) ]

Working Procedure :

Step-1 :

Download the followings : website : https://dbp.noobdev.io/downloads/
Android: DualBootPatcher apk (For Android)
Utilities: DualBootUtilities
Win32: DualBootPatcher (For PC)

[ I'm using version 9.3.0.r806.g7cef78be Wed, 4 Jul 2018 18:11:31 -0400 ]
Step-2 :

Note : Now Oreo & Pie roms works in any slot . Please must follow the below link for working oreo & pie.

Fix Link : https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga.../dualbootpatcher-installing-oreo-pie-t3880028

i. Before flashing patch the lineage & MIUI ROM using dualboot patcher android app or pc version.
ii. Advanced user should have know patching procedure otherwise ask.
Step-3 :
i. TWRP - Advanced wipe - dalvik , system , data , cache ( Only for installing stock rom otherwise Please avoid the step )
ii. Install desired stock rom which you need. ( If you keep stock touchwiz rom then avoid the step )
iii. Then install previously patched lineage oreo , pie or miui rom you wish.
Step-4 :
Enjoy !!!

Attachments

Last edited:

HWDEV

Nov 24, 2017
Khulna
Is it safe to use? Can my phone get permanently bricked because of this?
:confused: Noob Question. [ IS IT BRICK MY PHONE ?]

I've announced this thread for advanced user only. Because every advanced user knows which brick his device & which not.

For your query, Permanently brick a device is so hard process. This thing occurred rarely. No user comment permanently brick his device using dualboot patcher app.

Reactions: Francisco Funes

Flegmon

Jul 12, 2016
Is it safe to use? Can my phone get permanently bricked because of this?
From what I know it won't(I still am not responsible if it does). Just don't patch the ramdisk on primary. It will reboot you to Download mode (If you do accidentally patch the ramdisk and you had Magisk Installed beforehand just flash the Uninstaller Zip. That will remove all modules but your phone will be able to reboot to Rom. Just in case to not lose your modules etc. Take a backup of your boot.img with twrp if something happens restore it and don't flash magisk uninstaller. Take a new back up for every new primary rom) and also don't use the boot UI rather to change roms use the app use Dualboot Utilities also found on the website. It's a AROMA zip (dualboot utilities) in case you are wondering.

Francisco Funes

Apr 1, 2018
La Plata
From what I know it won't(I still am not responsible if it does). Just don't patch the ramdisk on primary. It will reboot you to Download mode (If you do accidentally patch the ramdisk and you had Magisk Installed beforehand just flash the Uninstaller Zip. That will remove all modules but your phone will be able to reboot to Rom. Just in case to not lose your modules etc. Take a backup of your boot.img with twrp if something happens restore it and don't flash magisk uninstaller. Take a new back up for every new primary rom) and also don't use the boot UI rather to change roms use the app use Dualboot Utilities also found on the website. It's a AROMA zip (dualboot utilities) in case you are wondering.
Thanks!

Phitschhd

Sep 16, 2020
DBP enters fastboot mode on primary android oreo

What should i do when i switch the rom back to the primary (in my case LOS 15.1) with dualboot utlities and it enters fastboot mode?