This method is not tested fully and do not attempt to try this if you care about updates and support. This might potentially lock you out of updates. This could lock you out in the CSC Permanently!
Requirement1. Any watch 4 with LTE. Currently there is no known method for changing CSC on BT variant until a way is found to open the CSC change menu.
2. Make sure to back up your watch settings before continuing. This will factory reset your watch
3. Patience and time to set up watch again from scratch
Possible issues/Unconfirmed possibilities
- This guide might only work in regions where Samsung pay works on phones but is restricted on watches. Might not work in regions where S-pay doesn't exist at all.
- While I do not think changing CSC voids warranty, I cannot be held responsible for any loss/issues arising because of this guide.
- You will start receiving updates for the new CSC (or no updates if the model isnt sold in that region). This might also mean your network capabilities, carrier support might be affected.
- This guide might work on a non-samsung phone too. If you try and it works, please report it.
- Open dialer and enter below code to bring up CSC menu
*#272*IMEI#adb shell input text *#272*IMEI#
- Now match any CSC from the list to known CSC from post #2. No match? Do not worry. Go to Post #3 to find a CSC that could work for you.
- Select the CSC and tap install. This will reboot and reset the watch.
- Get past the initial setup and see if you have Samsung pay installed.
If not, you need to execute this in ADB after enabling developer options along with ADB Debugging and Debug over WiFi enabled.Code:
adb shell pm install-existing com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear
- Once you have samsung pay installed, the app would open but you cannot add card yet until you install SPay wear plugin.
- Head over to here, download and install the app on phone.
- Once installed you can open samsung pay again on watch and continue adding your cards via phone by following the on-screen instructions.
- Report the CSC you used so it could be added to the list of working CSC.
Instruction on Using ADBI do not wish to repeat the same guide. Dante63 has made an excellent guide on ADB as part of his SHM mod here. Search for "~~~ ADB Text Instructions ~~~" in his thread and follow the instructions.