• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [WIP][LTE only] Enable Samsung Pay on unsupported regions (May work on non-samsung phones)

Search This thread

vijai2011

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 24, 2011
chennai
Hello,
Got Samsung Pay to work on my GW4 classic LTE today.

DISCLAIMER

This method is not tested fully and do not attempt to try this if you care about updates and support. This might potentially lock you out of updates.

Requirement

1. Any watch 4 with LTE. Currently there is no known method for changing CSC on BT variant until a way is found to open the CSC change menu.
2. Make sure to back up your watch settings before continuing. This will factory reset your watch
3. Patience and time to set up watch again from scratch

Possible issues/Unconfirmed possibilities

• This guide might only work in regions where Samsung pay works on phones but is restricted on watches. Might not work in regions where S-pay doesn't exist at all.
  • While I do not think changing CSC voids warranty, I cannot be held responsible for any loss/issues arising because of this guide.
  • You will start receiving updates for the new CSC (or no updates if the model isnt sold in that region). This might also mean your network capabilities, carrier support might be affected.
  • This guide might work on a non-samsung phone too. If you try and it works, please report it.

GUIDE

• Open dialer and enter below code to bring up CSC menu
    Code:
    *#272*IMEI#
    adb shell input text *#272*IMEI#
  • Now match any CSC from the list to known CSC from post #2. No match? Do not worry. Go to Post #3 to find a CSC that could work for you.
  • Select the CSC and tap install. This will reboot and reset the watch.
  • Get past the initial setup and see if you have Samsung pay installed.
    If not, you need to execute this in ADB after enabling developer options along with ADB Debugging and Debug over WiFi enabled.
    Code:
    adb shell pm install-existing com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear
  • Once you have samsung pay installed, the app would open but you cannot add card yet until you install SPay wear plugin.
  • Head over to here, download and install the app on phone.
  • Once installed you can open samsung pay again on watch and continue adding your cards via phone by following the on-screen instructions.
  • Report the CSC you used so it could be added to the list of working CSC.

Instruction on Using ADB

I do not wish to repeat the same guide. Dante63 has made an excellent guide on ADB as part of his SHM mod here. Search for "~~~ ADB Text Instructions ~~~" in his thread and follow the instructions.

Last edited:

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
chennai
If none of the above CSC is in your list of installed CSC, follow the below guide to choose one.
You need ADB and developer options enabled which you can set up from the guide here written by Dante63. Search for "~~~ ADB Text Instructions ~~~" in his thread and follow the instructions.

Little Background:

Samsung Pay app is included in the firmware but is blacklisted in regions where it is not supported by Samsung. Find if you have the app using below code. If the result is non-empty, you are good to go.

Code:
adb shell "ls /system/app | grep 'SamsungPayForGear'"

Guide:

All below commands are executed on pc via cmd/terminal with watch connected via adb over wifi.
  1. Jump into watch's adb shell
    Code:
    adb shell
  2. cd into target directory for convenience
    Code:
    cd /prism/etc/carriers
  3. List all available CSC that could be selected
    Code:
    ls
  4. Now, is the essential part. /System/app contains SPay but how does it know the app isnt allowed to be used? The key is a filed called "enforceskippingpackages.txt" inside each CSC folder.
    What we are about to do is, take all the folder names from step 3, traverse them and read "enforceskippingpackages.txt" to find which one doesn't skip SPay.

For each CSC name, repeat the below command replacing <CSC> with the 3 letter folder name.
    Code:
    cat <CSC>/enforceskippingpackages.txt | grep -q SamsungPayForGear.apk && echo "Unsuitable CSC" || echo "Suitable CSC"
  5. Look for the outputs which reads "Suitable CSC". That's what you will select in step 2 of the guide.

Last edited:
Reactions: jemfalor

SS3300

Sep 24, 2021
This thread is going to blow up.
Brilliant find

If only someone is able to find a way for BT as well before mine gets delivered in October.

Reactions: term-x

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
chennai
is there variant restriction? U model vs B model?
I don't think its restricted by variant but you can follow post 3 to confirm.
mind sharing your gw4 model?
SM-R885F - GW4 classic 42mm LTE.
If only someone is able to find a way for BT.
I'm sure its about time. I do not have much time but anybody who knows about intents could come up with a quick way to start the CSC chooser activity may be. The package is
Code:
com.samsung.sec.android.application.csc

samadal666

Sep 27, 2021
When I try "cat <CSC>/enforcekeeping packages.txt", the phrase "Adbd cannot run as route in production builds" appears. Is there a way to solve this?
im live korea and my watch have (KTC KTO LUC LUO SKC SKO) CSC CODE

samadal666

Sep 27, 2021
위의 CSC가 설치된 CSC 목록에 없으면 아래 가이드에 따라 하나를 선택하십시오.
Dante63이 작성한 여기 가이드에서 설정할 수 있는 ADB 및 개발자 옵션이 활성화 되어 있어야 합니다. 스레드에서 " ~~~ ADB 텍스트 지침 ~~~ "을 검색 하고 지침을 따르십시오.

작은 배경:

Samsung Pay 앱은 펌웨어에 포함되어 있지만 Samsung에서 지원하지 않는 지역에서는 블랙리스트에 있습니다. 아래 코드를 사용하여 앱이 있는지 확인하십시오. 결과가 비어 있지 않으면 진행해도 됩니다.

[코드]adb 쉘 "ls /system/app | grep 'SamsungPayForGear'"[/코드]

가이드:

아래의 모든 명령은 cmd/터미널을 통해 pc에서 실행되며, 시계는 wifi를 통해 adb를 통해 연결됩니다.
  1. 시계의 adb 셸로 이동
    [코드]adb 셸[/코드]
  2. 편의를 위해 대상 디렉토리로 cd
    Code:
    cd /prism/etc/carriers
  3. 선택할 수 있는 사용 가능한 모든 CSC 나열
    Code:
    ls
  4. 이제 필수적인 부분입니다. /System/app에 SPay가 포함되어 있지만 앱 사용이 허용되지 않는다는 것을 어떻게 알 수 있습니까? 키는 각 CSC 폴더 안에 "enforceskippingpackages.txt"라는 파일입니다.
    우리가 하려는 것은 3단계에서 모든 폴더 이름을 가져와서 탐색하고 "enforceskippingpackages.txt"를 읽고 SPay를 건너뛰지 않은 폴더를 찾는 것입니다.

각 CSC 이름에 대해 <CSC>를 3자로 된 폴더 이름으로 바꿔 아래 명령을 반복합니다.
    [코드]cat <CSC>/enforceskippingpackages.txt | grep -q SamsungPayForGear.apk && echo "부적합한 CSC" || echo "적합한 CSC"[/코드]
  5. "Suitable CSC" 라는 출력을 찾습니다 . 이것이 가이드의 2단계에서 선택하게 될 것입니다.
"cat <CSC>/enforcekeeping packages.txt" "Adbd는 빌딩에서 올 수 없다"고 말할 수 있습니다. 이 방법을 사용할 수 있습니까?
im live korea and my watch have (KTC KTO LUC LUO SKC SKO) CSC CODE

FunnyPCCC

Jul 27, 2016
any chance you hv updated your watch?
share your build number
I encountered the same problem, and I am pretty sure that the code I entered is correct, and I found csc.apk in /system, which shows that it exists, but the watch does not work after entering the code
about me:
AP: R875FXXU1BUH9
CP: R875FXXU1BUH9
CSC: R875FOLB1BUH9
Model :SM-R875F
SM-R875FZGATGY

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This technique worked on your LTE watch. Can i expect that it will work on my LTE watch (Indian variant) also without disturbing my LTE functionality?
    I just changed from inu csc to mea csc. Samsung pay enabled and working. Lte also working with airtel
    replace IMEI with your imei

*#272*IMEI#
    :) i did, and as i said before... it doesn't work. i just wanted to inform that this doesn't work on all GW4 LTE models - like this code didn't work on all galaxy phones.
    Any update if this is possible or the only option is region change?
    Will region change will cause in problem with your LTE calling function?
    You cannot sideload Spay. The app actually exists in system for all firmwares but is blacklisted in csc features.
    I just changed from inu csc to mea csc. Samsung pay enabled and working. Lte also working with airtel
    how to change csc on watch4? i try many time but no effect. try on phone note 20u and w4.
    This worked for me once. I changed the region to XFA and got the Spay working. Then realized that some of the health features like Blood Oxygen are still missing and that is possible in BTU so tried to change it again but this time the code did not work. I tried to reset the watch and still the code did not gave option to change CSC. Tried running command via CSC as well but again no change. It appears that I'm now locked into XFA CSC. Is there any way to change the CSC again?
    I'm using a LTE version of watch.
    Hello,
    Got Samsung Pay to work on my GW4 classic LTE today.

DISCLAIMER

This method is not tested fully and do not attempt to try this if you care about updates and support. This might potentially lock you out of updates.

Requirement

1. Any watch 4 with LTE. Currently there is no known method for changing CSC on BT variant until a way is found to open the CSC change menu.
    2. Make sure to back up your watch settings before continuing. This will factory reset your watch
    3. Patience and time to set up watch again from scratch

Possible issues/Unconfirmed possibilities

• This guide might only work in regions where Samsung pay works on phones but is restricted on watches. Might not work in regions where S-pay doesn't exist at all.
    • While I do not think changing CSC voids warranty, I cannot be held responsible for any loss/issues arising because of this guide.
    • You will start receiving updates for the new CSC (or no updates if the model isnt sold in that region). This might also mean your network capabilities, carrier support might be affected.
    • This guide might work on a non-samsung phone too. If you try and it works, please report it.

GUIDE

• Open dialer and enter below code to bring up CSC menu
      Code:
      *#272*IMEI#
      adb shell input text *#272*IMEI#
    • Now match any CSC from the list to known CSC from post #2. No match? Do not worry. Go to Post #3 to find a CSC that could work for you.
    • Select the CSC and tap install. This will reboot and reset the watch.
    • Get past the initial setup and see if you have Samsung pay installed.
      If not, you need to execute this in ADB after enabling developer options along with ADB Debugging and Debug over WiFi enabled.
      Code:
      adb shell pm install-existing com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear
    • Once you have samsung pay installed, the app would open but you cannot add card yet until you install SPay wear plugin.
    • Head over to here, download and install the app on phone.
    • Once installed you can open samsung pay again on watch and continue adding your cards via phone by following the on-screen instructions.
    • Report the CSC you used so it could be added to the list of working CSC.

Instruction on Using ADB

I do not wish to repeat the same guide. Dante63 has made an excellent guide on ADB as part of his SHM mod here. Search for "~~~ ADB Text Instructions ~~~" in his thread and follow the instructions.
    This technique worked on your LTE watch. Can i expect that it will work on my LTE watch (Indian variant) also without disturbing my LTE functionality?
    CSC known to support Samsung Pay:

MEA - Middle East
    SER - Unknown, Disables Bixby
    SKZ - Unknown
    XFA - Unknown

Please help me identify the region for CSC mentioned unknown.
    If none of the above CSC is in your list of installed CSC, follow the below guide to choose one.
    You need ADB and developer options enabled which you can set up from the guide here written by Dante63. Search for "~~~ ADB Text Instructions ~~~" in his thread and follow the instructions.

Little Background:

Samsung Pay app is included in the firmware but is blacklisted in regions where it is not supported by Samsung. Find if you have the app using below code. If the result is non-empty, you are good to go.

Code:
    adb shell "ls /system/app | grep 'SamsungPayForGear'"

Guide:

All below commands are executed on pc via cmd/terminal with watch connected via adb over wifi.
    1. Jump into watch's adb shell
      Code:
      adb shell
    2. cd into target directory for convenience
      Code:
      cd /prism/etc/carriers
    3. List all available CSC that could be selected
      Code:
      ls
    4. Now, is the essential part. /System/app contains SPay but how does it know the app isnt allowed to be used? The key is a filed called "enforceskippingpackages.txt" inside each CSC folder.
      What we are about to do is, take all the folder names from step 3, traverse them and read "enforceskippingpackages.txt" to find which one doesn't skip SPay.

For each CSC name, repeat the below command replacing <CSC> with the 3 letter folder name.
      Code:
      cat <CSC>/enforceskippingpackages.txt | grep -q SamsungPayForGear.apk && echo "Unsuitable CSC" || echo "Suitable CSC"
    5. Look for the outputs which reads "Suitable CSC". That's what you will select in step 2 of the guide.
    This worked for me once. I changed the region to XFA and got the Spay working. Then realized that some of the health features like Blood Oxygen are still missing and that is possible in BTU so tried to change it again but this time the code did not work. I tried to reset the watch and still the code did not gave option to change CSC. Tried running command via CSC as well but again no change. It appears that I'm now locked into XFA CSC. Is there any way to change the CSC again?
    I'm using a LTE version of watch.