How To Guide [WIP][LTE only] Enable Samsung Pay on unsupported regions (May work on non-samsung phones)

Search This thread

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
OnePlus One
I just changed from inu csc to mea csc. Samsung pay enabled and working. Lte also working with airtel
I did the same and Spay, mobile network - Airtel and Jio all works fine. The only issue is Lock screen. For S-Pay to work, I need to set up PIN or pattern to lock the watch and if I am not wearing it, I need to keep unlocking the screen.

Any solution to avoid lock???

I did the same and Spay, mobile network - Airtel and Jio all works fine. The only issue is Lock screen. For S-Pay to work, I need to set up PIN or pattern to lock the watch and if I am not wearing it, I need to keep unlocking the screen.

Any solution to avoid lock???
Ya that's annoying for sure. But that's how wear os is. I like the way it is on my watch active 2. Pin only on spay

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
OnePlus One

chanhny

Nov 19, 2009
Phone has nothing to do with Watch region change using *#272*

Phone should not matter as all steps are on watch. Go to watch calling app and type *#272*watchIMEI#
You should see instructions on your watch screen next
yes. i also try with *#272*eimei of watch#. but nothing happen. fr ver is R875FXXU1BUI5

antisocialbratt

Nov 12, 2012
This worked for me once. I changed the region to XFA and got the Spay working. Then realized that some of the health features like Blood Oxygen are still missing and that is possible in BTU so tried to change it again but this time the code did not work. I tried to reset the watch and still the code did not gave option to change CSC. Tried running command via CSC as well but again no change. It appears that I'm now locked into XFA CSC. Is there any way to change the CSC again?
I'm using a LTE version of watch.

masoi912

Dec 20, 2012
tried to dial *#272*imei of watch#. but it doesn't work, just show this message " connection problem or invalid MMI code". I am using watch 4 64mm LTE, software version: R895FXXU1BUI5

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
OnePlus One
I just did it yesterday and it worked. Please check steps again
After changing the region from INU to MEA, now I am not able to change it again. The *#272*IMEI# doesn't do anything now. I am also getting " connection problem or invalid MMI code" error.
When Phone is connected to Watch, I get "MMI complete" message on Phone screen

If Anyway knows why this is happening or able to find new code to change region, please let us know. Thanks

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
OnePlus One
This worked for me once. I changed the region to XFA and got the Spay working. Then realized that some of the health features like Blood Oxygen are still missing and that is possible in BTU so tried to change it again but this time the code did not work. I tried to reset the watch and still the code did not gave option to change CSC. Tried running command via CSC as well but again no change. It appears that I'm now locked into XFA CSC. Is there any way to change the CSC again?
same issue. :-(

antisocialbratt

Nov 12, 2012
Another stupid issue you might come across is if you were using Apple Watch LTE version before on Airtel then you cant really pair this watch. Not right now atleast. I've been going back nad forth with Airtel customer care to remove apple watch from my account so that I can pair this watch, they say its done, then I try to pair this watch and get error that something went wrong but I get sms from airtel that your watch is paired with the number but i can see in the app that watch is not paired. Now when i try to pair, it tell me that max limit is reached and thus I need to ask customer care to unpair previous watch. Then i ask customer care to remove it and again same error comes. I've tried this 5 times since yesterday and utterly frustrated. Anyone in India has any solution then please help.

dreamtheater39

Oct 3, 2004
Bangalore
www.youtube.com
Yikes, thankfully I didn't change mine....I almost did, and backed out because I was busy and decided to change my csc later. But now I'm going to hold off

avirendra

Jul 3, 2009
OnePlus One
Another stupid issue you might come across is if you were using Apple Watch LTE version before on Airtel then you cant really pair this watch. Not right now atleast. I've been going back nad forth with Airtel customer care to remove apple watch from my account so that I can pair this watch, they say its done, then I try to pair this watch and get error that something went wrong but I get sms from airtel that your watch is paired with the number but i can see in the app that watch is not paired. Now when i try to pair, it tell me that max limit is reached and thus I need to ask customer care to unpair previous watch. Then i ask customer care to remove it and again same error comes. I've tried this 5 times since yesterday and utterly frustrated. Anyone in India has any solution then please help.
Thanks for sharing this.

Yikes, thankfully I didn't change mine....I almost did, and backed out because I was busy and decided to change my csc later. But now I'm going to hold off
But it shouldn't matter right? I know I can't go back to the original CSC. But the MEA CSC does have all the features enabled as opposed to India CSC

Reactions: avirendra

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DISCLAIMER

This method is not tested fully and do not attempt to try this if you care about updates and support. This might potentially lock you out of updates. This could lock you out in the CSC Permanently!

Requirement

1. Any watch 4 with LTE. Currently there is no known method for changing CSC on BT variant until a way is found to open the CSC change menu.
    2. Make sure to back up your watch settings before continuing. This will factory reset your watch
    3. Patience and time to set up watch again from scratch

Possible issues/Unconfirmed possibilities

• This guide might only work in regions where Samsung pay works on phones but is restricted on watches. Might not work in regions where S-pay doesn't exist at all.
    • While I do not think changing CSC voids warranty, I cannot be held responsible for any loss/issues arising because of this guide.
    • You will start receiving updates for the new CSC (or no updates if the model isnt sold in that region). This might also mean your network capabilities, carrier support might be affected.
    • This guide might work on a non-samsung phone too. If you try and it works, please report it.

GUIDE

• Open dialer and enter below code to bring up CSC menu
      Code:
      *#272*IMEI#
      adb shell input text *#272*IMEI#
    • Now match any CSC from the list to known CSC from post #2. No match? Do not worry. Go to Post #3 to find a CSC that could work for you.
    • Select the CSC and tap install. This will reboot and reset the watch.
    • Get past the initial setup and see if you have Samsung pay installed.
      If not, you need to execute this in ADB after enabling developer options along with ADB Debugging and Debug over WiFi enabled.
      Code:
      adb shell pm install-existing com.samsung.android.samsungpay.gear
    • Once you have samsung pay installed, the app would open but you cannot add card yet until you install SPay wear plugin.
    • Head over to here, download and install the app on phone.
    • Once installed you can open samsung pay again on watch and continue adding your cards via phone by following the on-screen instructions.
    • Report the CSC you used so it could be added to the list of working CSC.

Instruction on Using ADB

I do not wish to repeat the same guide. Dante63 has made an excellent guide on ADB as part of his SHM mod here. Search for "~~~ ADB Text Instructions ~~~" in his thread and follow the instructions.
    CSC known to support Samsung Pay:

MEA - Middle East
    SER - Unknown, Disables Bixby
    SKZ - Unknown
    XFA - Unknown

Please help me identify the region for CSC mentioned unknown.
    I am from India (CSC INU) where BP & ECG and S Pay / Google pay are not enabled due to govt. restrictions.

For BP and ECG to work XDA forum member @Dante63 has done an excellent job. He has created modded APK file for SHM app of Mobile and Watch.

Once we follow the procedure and install them BP and ECG features are working like a breeze. Absolutely no issues.

We don't have to sacrifice warranty (which we loose if we change CSC)

The only leftover would be Samsung Pay. Hope Dante63 could mod that too.

Here is the link.

This technique worked on your LTE watch. Can i expect that it will work on my LTE watch (Indian variant) also without disturbing my LTE functionality?
    I just changed from inu csc to mea csc. Samsung pay enabled and working. Lte also working with airtel