[wip]Porting the miui

Search This thread

smartsreenath

hi i got a lot of request in porting MIUI
my first target is the launcher and i have already hit a bump
i used apk manager to first decompile it i then noticed that it wanted to have all imagery in the drawable folder but after that i get several errors that the drawables is missing but they are not
any help on this project is apreciated

you just started that is all needed for miui fans[cyanogen mod still i I L U :)]
REST OF THE THINGS WILL COME MAN :):):)

janarp

Nov 5, 2009
3rd Rock from the Sun
Reactions: tobbeson

tobbeson

Jun 11, 2010
örebro
checked their whole website no contact what so ever
but if there are someone that wants to port the 9.png files then we maybe could make it work

Trekvogel

Aug 21, 2007
Is their stuff covered by GPL? Android being open source doesn't mean anything that runs on it has to be as well. HTC doesn't need to open source Sense for example.

tobbeson

Jun 11, 2010
örebro
Is their stuff covered by GPL? Android being open source doesn't mean anything that runs on it has to be as well. HTC doesn't need to open source Sense for example.

well sense is a standalone ui (launcher) like an app
but the actual android code that they edit is released
miui is built from aosp which is covered by GPL so that means that they must release big portions of the source code

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MIUI dont have any armv6 libs so its not possible to port
    please close
    Yes and no... have over half of apks done, but its taking longer than I had planned re-writing xmls... hope to have a working Rom up by the end of the week...*crosses fingers* ...I'll give an update later this week for sure

Sent from my Eris using XDA Premium App
    Sorry you guys, it didn't come on Friday due to the recent tornado activity, it was delayed til today, I got it in and now back to working on the rom... once again sorry bout the long delay, but what can ya do... anywho, on a better note, I have 6 more apk's to port to mdpi and I can get a alpha rom up to see what happens.... :eek: don't wanna set a time or date, cause last time I did that, my power supply blew up on me as to say... f*** you, but I will keep you updated... thanks for the support
    hi,

according to this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=884161&highlight=miui the guys over at the hero forum have ported all the pngs to mdpi but the problem are the miui devs because they wont release the source code.

But Desire have miui ROM where they get source code... ? Can we ask them gently? :D

Sent from my HTC Legend
    galaxy 3 had ported the miui except launcher,may be we can port the miui from this rom.